TaylorMade 200 Irons Review

TaylorMade 200

Credit the club head''s longer blade, perimeter weighting and CG placed lower and deeper behind the club face for a higher launch trajectory with more ball spin. The 200 irons'' moderate offset promotes better alignment and shot shaping ability. Its straight leading edge and strong topline present a powerful look and aid alignment at address.

More Products from TaylorMade  >>

November 23, 2011

Reviewed by: Jay ,  Shoots in the 70s

Taylormade 200 Steel

Summary:
The Taylormade 200 steel irons are one of the best irons i have ever used, losing out to the Nike forged blades, Mizuno MP69 and mp30. There is a little offset, but not too much like with the Callaway X-18r which i pullhook sometimes. The stock s-90 shafts are the a good shaft, for me beating out the Project X 6.0 and 5.5. The stock grips are good in the dry but garbage in wet. These have almost the workability as a players cavity (like the MP30) and just a little less feel. For me They act a little like players cavities rather than GI cavities. I have only recently stopped playing them because i have started playing some blades, which feel like butter heated up to room temperature and for comparison, the 200's just feel like butter in a fridge. There arent many irons like these, good for all scoring ranges. These are the Ultimate cavity back in my opinion and since i got them for $85, they were a steal too.

NA

Tommy Armour 845 Silver Scot, Callaway X-18r, King Cobra II

June 5, 2011

Reviewed by: mavrickv8 ,  Shoots in the 70s

Taylormade 200 Irons

Summary:
I've been playing the Taylormade 200 Irons since 2002 and I'm still in love with them. I'm a 4.6 handicap and my natural shot is a light draw, these Taylormade 200 irons have hardly any offset, which works great for me, since I usually draw the ball. I'm a big Taylormade fan and like the looks of the new Taylormade irons (Burner 09 and the Burner 2.0) thought about upgrading to today's new tech, but most irons today have to much offset and since I like to draw the ball, that much offset doesn't work for me.I hit these Taylormade 200 irons long and straight and it's very easy to work the ball with these clubs, they still have a couple of years of groove left on them, so I'm going to keep playing them to they wear out. Everything in my bag has been upgraded to today's newer tech, but the Taylormade 200 irons stay in the bag until they wearout.

April 24, 2011

Reviewed by: Gareth ,  Shoots in the 80s

Taylor made 200 irons

Summary:
My first good set of irons, best clubs ive ever had. Feels really good when hitting the ball

January 6, 2011

Reviewed by: shaun whyte ,  Shoots in the 70s

taylormade200 irons

Summary:
bought these irons in 02. love the look and feel,the grooves are starting to ware so bought taylormade burner 09 irons,hated the feel so went back to my 200's.best thing i ever did.

July 14, 2010

Reviewed by: garry ,  Shoots in the 70s

taylormade 200 series irons

Summary:
got these half price brand new with stiff graphite shafts, I am a single handicapper and hit straight and long even the long irons are great. I dont carry any rescue woods my 3 iron can go 240 yards.

have tried callaway big betha irons but kept hitting to the right and lost a bit distance, had to sell them at a big loss.