TaylorMade 300 Irons Review

TaylorMade 300

From TaylorMade: "The traditional look comes from the thin topline, mirror chrome finish, straight leading edge and minimal offset. The modern conveniences of optimal weighting and center of gravity are achieved through TaylorMade's exclusive trapezoidal cavity pad, which is placed behind the impact zone to maintain ball velocity and preserve feel. Like the 320 and 360 irons, the long irons in the Forged 300 set have negative bounce to help create lift, while the short irons have positive bounce to prevent ballooned shots."

More Products from TaylorMade  >>

October 30, 2013

Reviewed by: Mike Henry ,  Shoots in the 90s

Taylor Made T300

Summary:
THESE IRONS ARE UNBELIEVABLE, I PLAY GOLF COURSE'S TOTALLY DIFFERENT YARDAGE IS GREAT, MY 8 IRON AVERAGE IS 155, BEFORE I WAS LUCKY TO GET 140yds. MY T300's have stiff shafts, I DONT GET NERVOUS WHEN PLAYING A TIGHT COURSE. I JUSTR NEED TO FIND A GRIP THAT IS COMFORTABLE. AND THE REASON IM WRITING THIS REVIEW IS . I AM 55 YRS. OLD, I HAVE HAD 3 HIP REPLACEMENTS, L BIG TOE NEEDS TO BE FUSED,BULDGED DISC IN NECK. BOTH KNEES SCOPED TO MANY TIMES TO REMEMBER, I WAS TOLD THAT THIS SET OF IRONS WAS FOR THE SCRATCH GOLFER ESPECIALLY WITH STIFF SHAFT'S. BUT I HAVENT BEEN DISAPOINTED WITH THE WAY IM HITTING THE BALL, AND IF TAYLOR MADE WANT'S ME TO GO TO WORK FOR THEM I WOULD STRONGLY CONSIDER IT, GREAT PRODUCT.

USED BUT NOT OWENED CALLAWAY IRONS, PING , TITLEIST IRONS ALL AT DEMOS

March 8, 2012

Reviewed by: GORDONV ,  Shoots in the 80s

Taylormade 300 series

Summary:
These irons are amazing! True power, feel, wieght. I play maybe 10 times a year, but I practice often. I have shaved strokes, increased my distance, and improved my accuracy dramatically. I will never hit another club. They are my soulmate, just kidding honey! lol

December 19, 2009

Reviewed by: mylamar ,  Shoots in the 70s

TaylorMade 300 forged

Summary:
Best irons TaylorMade ever produced.

Good.

Pingi3's, Titleist 990's and DCI's, Maxfli Revolutions, Mizuno MP 37's and 60's, Pingi15, TaylorMade Tour Preferreds, etc.

May 2, 2009

Reviewed by: noren0 ,  Shoots in the 80s

Taylor Made 300 Forged Irons

Summary:
These irons are awesome! There is not one bad thing I can say about these sticks. First of all the clubs are just plain beatiful at address and in the bag, which matters to me. They hit long and they are more forgiving on off-center strikes than you would think and give great feedback. I am not really a shot shaper but I'm sure these can maneuver just fine for a surgeon. I have the 7 8 9 and PW only. My 4 5 and 6 iron are taylormade RAC OS2. I hit my 300 7 iron the same distance as my RAC 6 iron (165-170 yards) and the ball flight is pretty high too.

The feel of a well struck ball is just awesome and sooooooo satisfying and fun to watch. They will forgive you on off-center hits but they will still let you know you missed. I've hit a few way out on the toe, I mean way out- halfway off the grooves. even then, you still get about 85-90% of it.

These clubs also seem to be pretty durable for forged irons. I have played about 50-60 rounds with mine and they still look almost new. Bag clatter is minimal.

I am a little bit of an ebay club junkie but these babies are gonna stay in the bag for a while. I am now looking to get a full set and get rid of my oversize long irons because my iron play is improving fast.

You can get a set of these on ebay in great condition for less than $200. Do it!!! You won't be sorry. These perform just as well as any forged cavity backs that have hit the market... Titleist, Mizuno, Callaway, Hogan, all of them.

I would love to see some fresh reviews on these and how some others would compare them to other forged sets on the market... lets hear it.

Never used

April 9, 2009

Reviewed by: mangostin ,  Shoots in the 80s

TM 200 iron

Summary:
I played the game for 7 years now and had been using the TM 200 irons since. I like the feel of these irons. Hit my 6 iron a decent 175 yards and 4 iron 190 yards. Still does not handle the no.3 well but I think I'll get there in a couple years or so. I am current looking for a used 6 iron and AW to replace wear and tear they are my favorite clubs.