TaylorMade Burner Plus Irons Review

Callaway Golf

August 24, 2013

Reviewed by: ozpaul ,  Shoots in the 100s

TM Burner Plus wit T-Step 90 regular shafts

Summary:
Very easy long and straight shots. Good for high handicapper, not so easy to work the ball. T-Step 90 is steel but feels like graphite. For me way better than Burner 1.0 and 2.0. Highly recommended.

dunno

Mizuno MX100 (perfect for high handicap, workable), Mizuno MX19 ditto for mid handicap, TM R7 Draw (easy to work the ball), Callaway Diablo Edge (nice but poor build quality), Cobra SZ (long irons good, wedges are awful), Ping G5 (irons hit long, cavity wedges awful, need good fitness for these)

July 3, 2012

Reviewed by: Golfnut85 ,  Shoots in the 90s

Taylormade Burner Plus Irons

Summary:
beautiful irons. increased each of my club shots by 10 to 15 yards easy. Also the trajectory with these irons is amazing. I would recommend getting new grips put on though (standard grips are ok but not great)

never had to use it

Wilson Prostaff,Snake Eyes

May 30, 2012

Reviewed by: butch henderson ,  Shoots in the 70s

Taylormade burner plus

Summary:
I've been playing these for about a year. Bought new for about $250 on ebay. I have the 4-aw. These clubs feel much better than my graphite Callaway X-18.

never needed.

callaway, mizuno, tommy armour, taylormade, and pings.

July 19, 2011

Reviewed by: Orrain ,  Shoots in the 80s

Burner Plus

Summary:
Sweeeeet, know most the lads in local golf shop. I asked what would be best for the 300-400€ mark and easy for a 15 handicapper 2 hit. They almost simultaneously said "Burner Plus" and now i know why... Hard to hit fat with wide, thick sole and off centre hits aren't usually going to give up much distance. I know in time I will have to upgrade (mizuno, i hear you calling!) , But while still getting to grips (btw, get new grips, these TM grips are only ok imo) with the game its only a pleasure to do so with these bad boys...

Again, I service the customer

TM Burner 2 3w, Burner Superlaunch

May 7, 2011

Reviewed by: Justin ,  Shoots in the 90s

Taylormade burner plus

Summary:
Nice for a beginer. Like me!! Ive been playing for less than a year. I started out with a set of Wilson Profiles. (nice clubs to start out with by the way). I told myself when i broke 100 I would treat myself to a set of good irons. I broke 100 two times with the wilsons. So i went to a sports store that sells used clubs and bought a set of ping zings. Ive always heard how forgiving they where. They are not! Broke 100 once with them then back to my 107's to 110's. I gave up on the pingd and went back to the wilsons. Still a good club. After breaking 100 a few more times and getting a gidt card for my birthday i went and bouvht myself the Taylormade Burner Plus. Ive played them about six times now and have shot no worse than 97. They have a deep cavity which they are not the prettiest clubs out there , but hit great. Put away your hybrid. The 4 iron is sweet!! For what its worth still trying to get a good swing down, but if you hakf of a good golf swing you will love these clubs!

Academy sports. ( they were horrible)

Wilson profile, ping zings