TaylorMade r7 CGB Max Irons Review

TaylorMade r7 CGB Max

The TaylorMade r7 CGB Max Irons have maximum technology for maximum speed, distance, forgiveness, and accuracy. Large, thin, high-strength steel clubface promotes high COR for faster ball speed and increased distance. Extra-large clubhead with tungsten weights increases MOI for greater stability and forgiveness. SuperFast Technology reduces total club weight and promotes faster swing speed for added distance. Inverted Cone Technology expands the high COR zone to promote higher ball speed on off-center hits for more distance shot to shot. Hollow topline allows CG to be moved back deep in the clubhead for incredibly easy launch on a towering, distance-enhancing flight.

More Products from TaylorMade  >>

April 9, 2013

Reviewed by: J. Lee ,  Shoots in the 90s

TaylorMade r7 cgb max irons

Summary:
Love these clubs. The best I have ever played. Straigher,longer, forgiving. If you can find these buy them.

January 2, 2011

Reviewed by: 296hole-in-one ,  Shoots in the 80s

Taylor Made CGB Max

Summary:
After having my best year ever with TM r7 CGB steel shafted irons, I found a set of CGB Max irons with an 85 gram Penley graphite iron shaft. I had started losing distance with my irons and wanted to try the newer model but, was wary of the reviews stating that the stock graphite shafts were too light. The Penleys are perfect and the graphite stiff was equal to the steel regular flex. I have my lost distance back and am getting a higher ball flight. The only negative is some light rusting in the cavity that I spray periodically.

November 5, 2010

Reviewed by: Bert Cole ,  Shoots in the 80s

TaylorMade R7 CGB Max

Summary:
I love these clubs. I'm not a physically strong player but with these clubs and Callaway HX-Hot balls I can hit iron shots as far and accurately (usually) as the low handicappers in my group who are playing other irons and Pro-V1s. These clubs also hit the ball incredibly high, so may not be right for someone playing where it's always windy. The clubs with graphite shafts are very light, probably too light for someone comfortable swinging steel, but the light weight makes it easy for me to get the swing started without feeling like I have to pull hard from the top.

July 12, 2010

Reviewed by: Larry Weeks ,  Shoots in the 80s

Taylormade R7 CGB Max

Summary:
I really like these clubs. Long and very straight. My only complaint is they are too light. I got the graphite shafts which in hindsight was a mistake. Still overall great clubs.

don't know

I have hit most irons if only at demo day events but these stand out as being the easiest to hit of them all.

October 22, 2009

Reviewed by: jjloans ,  Shoots in the 70s

'09 Burner

Summary:
No place to review these, so here goes...

Best irons I have ever hit, and by a long way. The 2009 Burner irons are in a class by themselves. I am a club junkie, but really just trying to find the perfect sticks... for me. I have owned well over 100 sets of irons over the last 3 years. Many good ones... ONE great one.

Mine have the 85 gram Burner steel in S flex. Standard length (1/2" over). I think this makes them a little upright, probably at least a blue dot in Ping terms. I did not get 20 yards more per club, in fact they fir into my standard expected distance, but with a smoother swing, which is great... maybe they push the edge by being a bit longer, but as I got used to them, I just reduced the tempo a bit to get the distance I was looking for... or nuked it to get the extra 5-10 yards if necessary... a great option.

Outstanding balance, feels like a slightly heavier swing weight, probably a D1 or 2 (have not checked).

These are amazingly forgiving and straight, but will work it if needed.

Grips are not outstanding, but much better than the TM stock grips of the past... good enough to go for a season before putting on your favorites.

My set is 4-AW, got them off Ebay for around $425 new... great deal. I would not mind getting the SW and use a #2 hybrid lead taped for lift (It is a Rapture knock-off by Giga Golf).

The top lines are medium, but the way TM finishes them, they have a thinner look than they really are... good stuff!

Well worth a test drive if you are looking... might not be YOUR perfect irons, but they are for me.

Luck!

NA

Most everything. Tried all of the newer models, nothing rang out. Next best are the Callaway X-14 Pro Series. Cobra FP is a good iron too.