TaylorMade RAC LT Irons Review

TaylorMade RAC LT

Features RAC Technology and Tuned Performance Catridge for great feel and perimeter weighting Designed with high, centered CG to deliver Low Trajectory (LT) ball flight Expanded sweet spot and forgiveness of a cavity back with feedback and workability of a forged blade Gliding sole offers playability from all types of lies

More Products from TaylorMade  >>

October 1, 2010

Reviewed by: oldschool ,  Shoots in the 70s

Taylor Made RAC LT irons

Summary:
After using Titleist 990 irons for an extended period, I swapped to Taylor Made RAC LT irons. Hanicap dropped from 4.2 to 3.7. These irons are absolutely pure and demonstrate beautiful control into the greens. Buttery soft feel on 100 yarders and great control on those 200+ yarders.
Standard grips were rubbish and changed to Lamkins at the soonest opportunity.
DG s300's fitted and cant fault. Guess I'm an old school player, only one at the club with a steel shafted driver
Nike SQ, no lob wedge and only one hybrid (a 17 deg taylor)

Titleist 990 irons

May 25, 2010

Reviewed by: Dale Hamilton ,  Shoots in the 90s

RAC LT

Summary:
Picked up a set of these irons on a wim at the PGA Superstore for $79.00. I had no intention of changing irons but for $79 I figured I could hit rocks with them if I didn't like them. I think they were mismarked, definitely my gain. I've been playing Callaway X-14 Pro Series and was extremely happy with them but once I saw the RAC LT's it was love at first sight. I knew nothing about the club and typically search online for reviews for equipment before purchasing but these were probably the best looking clubs I've seen in a while. Overall appearance is fantastic and set up very nicely behind the ball. I was a little leary about the R300 shaft but after my first trip to the range and first 18 holes all hesitation was gone. Great feel & feedback when struck well. Not overly impressed with the Taylormade Grips but will be taking care of that tomorrow. Great Job Taylormade......

Callaway X14 Pro Series,Ping I3's, Mizuno MP30's

March 14, 2010

Reviewed by: avid golfer ,  Shoots in the 80s

T.M. rac lt standard

Summary:
I bought this set used at a sale for $250. I like the look of these clubs. Tragectory is good, but it seems like the lofts are very high. For example, the pitching wedge looks like a sand wedge and the 4 iron looks like a 6 iron. Other than that they are very solid clubs. I would recomend these clubs to a golfer who is really looking to improve their game or someone who shoots mid 90s and looking for mid 80s. They are an older model (around 2005) so some people may want an newer irons set, although personally I think these have just as much technology and performance in them than many 2007 or 2008 model irons. If you put a good swing on the golf ball with these clubs they'll fly. Distance, tragectory and accuracy are all very good. I wish these clubs would come with a couple of hybrids but I guess in 2005 they were not quite too popular. In a nutshell these irons are very good and would be a great first set, or upgrade to older irons with minimal technology (I upgraded my Golden Bear irons to these and have never looked back)

Just older 702 clubs, so really no comparison.

October 7, 2009

Reviewed by: Andy ,  Shoots in the 80s

Taylormade RAC LT

Summary:
I recently got a set of these off ebay. I'm 6'4" and had been playing standard length/lie clubs for 35 years. Finally, I found these on ebay 1.5 inches over standard and 4 degrees upright. It's put my swing on a whole new comfortable plane. I'm making solid contact most of the time. I love the ball flight and how these set up like forged blades. However, I'm pretty sure I'm losing distance. I actually step off my wedges, as Pelz suggests, for three different swings and my shots are 5 to 10 yards shorter than with standard length Yonex Cyberstars I was using previously. Does this make sense? Is anyone else experiencing a loss of distance with LTs?

Yonex Cyberstar; Tad Moore 997

September 3, 2009

Reviewed by: Tommy hajicek ,  Shoots in the 80s

RAC Lt

Summary:
I got these new irons I upgraded from the ping g2 irons. I love these new irons I hit them so solid. They have improved my game by 4 shots! Great irons for any golfer!