TaylorMade RAC LT2 Irons Review

TaylorMade RAC LT2

• RAC channels impact vibration
  • Investment cast soft stainless steel clubheads
  • Better centre-of-gravity
  • Lower Trajectory

More Products from TaylorMade  >>

January 3, 2009

Reviewed by: Mike ,  Shoots in the 70s

RAC LT2

Summary:
Have been golfing for 10 years & owned lots of irons, but these irons are the best so far. Good distance, easy to work the ball right to left, etc. and nice weighting (can feel the club in the backswing). I am completely satisfied with these irons. They have helped me shave my handicap by several strokes

Excellent. Had several of the medallions fall off and all were replaced free of charge by Taylormade

November 21, 2008

Reviewed by: Jonas ,  Shoots in the 70s

Taylor Made RAC LT2

Summary:
I've played with these irons for three seasons now and I will never change clubs again. My play is much more predictable with these irons than any other and this year was the first ever when I averaged under 80 shots per round. I broke par twice this season, which has never happened before and I've left my driver at home several times since I don't need it with me when playing these irons.
I've got the TM T-step professional, 110 gr stiff shafts and they are by far the best I've used. The ball rockets away from the clubface and hang in the air forever before "landing like a butterfly with sore feet", like some of the famous old golfers used to put it.
I used to play around forty-fifty rounds per year some years back, but since we got two children the time for golf is somewhat limited. I therefore let go of my TM 300 Forged to find some more forgiving irons, but it wasn't until over a year later that I found the LT's. Since then I've stopped looking for something else. Also, I never thought I'd play with anything else than forged irons, but these are so much easier to hit and perform on a completely different level when hit perfectly aswell as on less perfect ones. The insert on the back of the club does its job as intended, giving less vibration and a soft feel.
I would recommend them to almost anyone since they're forgiving aswell as performing. Many people I've played with have also commented on how good-looking the irons are. It's a good feeling to know that the guy you're playing against is looking at your irons wishing he had the same or thinking about replacing his present set of clubs with the ones you have.
That's the kind of impact these clubs have had on my game. Hopefully they'll perform for others aswell.

On previous occasions I have never had reasons to complain.

TM: 300 Forged, Firesole Tour, RAC Combo.
Callaway: X14, X20, X tour. (Just tested.)
Mizuno: T-zoid pro.
Spalding/Top Flite: Tour edition, the one with the muscle bar on the back.

June 2, 2008

Reviewed by: Zac ,  Shoots in the 80s

Rac LT 2

Summary:
I recently sold my RAC OS irons that I've been playing for 4 seasons. I went to the LT2's because I wanted more of a player's set but didn't want to get blades. I had a little trouble the first time out with them, as I hit a more noticeable draw with them. After a few holes I straightened out my swing and hit a beautiful subtle draw with every iron. They are everything I imagined they would be. I'm a club longer with every iron and even miss hits go straight and long.

They are definitely a step up from the Rac OS irons and I would only recommend them to a 15 and under handicap player. It is very easy to shape shots when you want to with these irons. They also feel and sound amazing when you make that perfect contact.

Oh yeah, I picked these up brand new still in the factory plastic and box on Ebay for 299.99, what a steal!!!

Taylor Made Rac OS

May 24, 2008

Reviewed by: gofore59 ,  Shoots in the 80s

Taylormade lt 2

Summary:
I picked up a set of LT 2 irons and traded in my Mizuno MP 30 irons. I got standard length and DG S300 shafts. I must say I really like the way these clubs look (very confidence inspiring) and like the forgiveness. I now have to decide whether to keep them or trade them for the Mizuno MX 25 irons. I tried the MX 25s at the range with my LTs and the LTs definitley do not have the buuuttteeerrr feel of the forged Mizunos (my old MP 30s and the MX 25s). Distance, flight, etc. all seemed similar... Overall I must say I really like these irons and think the forgiveness will bring my scores down...

February 8, 2008

Reviewed by: Eddie Meagher ,  Shoots in the 80s

Rac LT2

Summary:
Just trades these irons for my old RAC OS irons and i couldnt be happier. Im a 15 year old kid who doesnt really hit the ball a rediculously long way. I play to about a 6 handicap because of my accuracy and my short game. I can honestly say that you can go PINSEEKING with these irons. You just aim and fire. Although these sticks are supposed to help you keep the ball low they have a normal trajectory. My swing speed is about a 92 and i havent had any trouble hitting the ball high if i have to. If you are looking for the ultimate blend of feel and forgiveness... BUY THESE!

No problems