TaylorMade Supersteel Irons Review

More Products from TaylorMade  >>

May 11, 2011

Reviewed by: Breeeze ,  Shoots in the 80s

Taylor Made Super Steel

Summary:

I've had these clubs so long I can't remember when I got them, maybe 20+ years and I have never felt the need or desire to change them. Unlike drivers, fairway woods and putters of which I have had many, these irons have never left me wanting something different. If there's something better in an iron, I can't quite imagine what it would be. I hit them all 3 thru PW dead straight and with plenty of length ( 3 iron > 210 yds, 8 iron, sometimes 7 is my 150 club, and I just love the wedge. I have so much confidence in the long irons, I rarely pull the fairway metal, which I'm much more likely to mess up.

April 9, 2010

Reviewed by: sliderace ,  Shoots in the 80s

Taylormade supersteel

Summary:
Hello fellow golf nutz, i just wanted to write this review for the Taylormade supersteel irons, This summer will be my third season using these irons.
My wife gave me the credit card to buy new irons for this season (must have been a good boy), But out of all the irons that i have demoed in the last 2 summers i just cannot give up the supersteels yet, I paid about $150.00 for this set of irons,I have the riflesteel S-90 shafts in and the control, spin, shot shaping ability, over all distance is incredible.
I've resently purchased a groove sharpener and now the irons are like new again" ie; be extremely careful with the sharpener if you use the expensive golf balls...balls don't take to sharp grooves very well.
I must add that I'm 50 years old my swing has slowed down abit but, these irons more than make up for my slower swing speed, therefore beginner, or old pro, give these irons a try I'm sure they will more than pay for themselves.
alittle something for all you young cocky guys out there, BE CAREFUL!!, cause there maybe an old fart with TAYLORMADE SUPERSTEEL irons out there that may just come along and take your cash and raise your handicap a few noches, you never know...fairways and greens Thumper.

none needed

ping karsten IV, titleist DCI (black).

September 10, 2008

Reviewed by: ap229 ,  Shoots in the 90s

Taylor Made Supersteel

Summary:
Bought these clubs last week because I wanted grafite shafts. I was pleasantly surprised.They are about 1/2 to a full club longer for me. Being an older (62) and new golfer (1) year I thought the smaller head would be hard to hit but has not been a problem. Feels like the club head speed is much faster.Have played two rounds and have averaged 95,so I am well pleased so far. Will try to do an update when I have played a few rounds. Bought these at a reasonable price.

not needed

Wilson Tour RX, Callaway Great Big Bertha

January 7, 2008

Reviewed by: L4you2 ,  Shoots in the 80s

Taylor Made Super Steel

Summary:
I have this set now for almost 9 years and every day I still love them. I just bought a set of Nike Blades, the one Tiger is using and I have to say the difference is not that big. With the super steel it's very easy for me to get a 170 yards distance with my 8-iron and I grip them short. With the Nike Blades I have to put more effort to get this distance. I think I can really boost my play with the Nike Irons, because they give me more feedback on how I hit the ball. Last weekend I played with my supersteel and firesoles and I still have a big smile on my face.

February 27, 2007

Reviewed by: Chad ,  Shoots in the 70s

Taylor Made Super Steel

Summary:
I switched to the Taylor Made Super Steel irons from the King Cobra 2 oversized 2 years ago. A friend won them in a bet and after I hit them he never got them back I play every round with them and who ever says you can not work a ball with them is a bold face lier. They are a soild unforgiving club. When you hit a bad shot you can feel it and when you hit a good shot you know it off the face. I recommend the Super Steel irons to any beginner they are sweet.

Super Steel Knock offs