Thomas Golf Mens AT-505 Irons Review

• True Temper steel shafts
  • Z-Tread grip
  • 17-4 Surgical Stainless Steel
  • 1.5mm-3mm slight progressive offset
  • Traditional size perimeter weighted cavity-back
  • Enhanced sole width and tighter radius

More Products from Thomas Golf  >>

September 1, 2016

Reviewed by: Carl ,  Shoots in the 80s

Thomas Hybrid irons

Summary:
I was having trouble with a thumb injury. I started becoming "gun shy" with traditional iron shorts, flinching in fear of hitting down with short irons. I purchased 7iron through sand wedge from Thomas Golf. It took a little while to get used to the idea and look of hitting a hybrid short iron, but now that I'm used to it--gold. Thumb pain is greatly reduced. Irons shots land softly. Definitely more accurate with these, and only about five yards shorter. I still carry a traditional sand wedge and one other traditional iron for trouble shots, but I highly recommend these to anyone whose hands have suffered from years of divots. The natural shot with these is more of a sweeping action. The only negative is that these are pricey.

Excellent

My told set had hybrids for 4-5-6. No problem moving from one set to the other, though when I get around to it, I'll make the grips the same. I have the midsize (larger) grips with the Thomas clubs. Again, easier on my old hands.

August 23, 2015

Reviewed by: Scott Stanford ,  Shoots in the 90s

AT 505

Summary:
When I purchased the AT 505 clubs in July my handicap was 19.5. Now trending to 15.9. I have shaved 2.5 strokes off my game and am seeing significant improvement as I get used to the clubs and the alignment system. After not breaking 90 all year, have broken 90 four times in the last 10 rounds. I am using the AT 505 irons, 5-9 plus PW, GW, SW and LW. All are fitted with stiff graphite shafts, +1.5" in length, +3 upright. Medium grips.

Got fit online. Matched previous club fittings. Clubs arrived in less than a week.

August 19, 2015

Reviewed by: Dwight Gilliland ,  Shoots in the 80s

AT-505 irons

Summary:
I purchased the AT 505 clubs (LW-1 iron)about 7 years ago, and will never buy these clubs again. I have probably replaced all of the shafts, and now I'm having the heads fly off, 4 or 5 in the last few years. Thomas said that I purchased their stiffest shaft, and yet a local clubfitter told me it wasn't that stiff, so I replaced most if not all of them. My personal conclusion is that the heads are too heavy for the shafts. My club head speed is usually around 100 mph. Anyway, I'm not a bit happy with Thomas, and will not be recommending them anytime soon.

April 29, 2006

Reviewed by: brummelaar ,  Shoots in the 90s

AT-510

Summary:
I bought 2 weeks ago the Thomas Golf AT-510 irons. SW - 6 iron. Perfectly custom made, lie + 1 degree and the right grips for me. The patented Aim & Alignment Indicator for accurate shot placement realy forced me to concentrate on the right direction. After 2 weeks I only can say that these irons helped me to improve my game dramaticly. The constant direction reminder, and the excellent hand made clubs give a great feel and confidence. My mid and aproach game did reach the wanted level: the bal flies right ahead to the middle of the fairway and falls within 2 meters of the flag on the green. Thomas golf my compliments great clubs, quality at least at the level of the great brands,(investing a lot in advertising)where Thomas Golf invests in the production of the clubs. That's value for money, bought these irons for less than 300 Dollars. (living in the Netherlands)
Because these great new irons are not ready on this site please find the link: http://www.thomasgolf.com/510mens.shtml

cobra 3400

December 17, 2005

Reviewed by: Subsonic ,  Shoots in the 100s

AT505

Summary:
I ordered these clubs to see if there was anything to the alignment claims. I have played the clubs for several rounds. I have noticed that they have improved my accuracy by making me pay more attention to my alignment. Every time you take a shot you look down and see that black line on top of the iron. It reminds me to get everything squared away before you take a shot. I would purchase these clubs again. They are well made and well worth what I paid. I have a lot of confidence in them, and they always seem to find their way into my bag before I go out and play a round.

Great. Received prompt responses to all inquiries

Adams GT2 Snake Eyes 600XC