Titleist AP1 Irons Review

Titleist AP1

Titleist AP1 710 Iron Set 4-GW with Steel Shafts The Titleist AP1 710 Iron Set 4-GW with Steel Shafts are the essence of advanced performance with multi-material, dual cavity irons that provide improved feel, great looks, shot control and higher flight with forgiveness for the avid to skilled golfer. The stock shaft is the Nippon NS Pro 105T and the stock grip is the Titleist Tour Velvet.

More Products from Titleist  >>

Web Address
Information Added By

GolfSmith

March 30, 2013

Reviewed by: Frank ,  Shoots in the 90s

AP1 712

Summary:
I'm in my 50's havent played for 30 years my son took it up and thought i'd start up again and play with him.I bought him a cheap set of Srixon's and he got me a cheaper set, he doesnt work and goes to uni.
we both enjoyed it and took to the game like a duck to water(he plays footballs and cricket so is sporty)after playing for a few month he definatly need a game improver and i felt i could get back to were i used to be.
i did my home work and did nothing but read reviews, he did nothing so much for being a uni student. Narrowed it down to G25's Mizuno 825's and AP1's. The pro had me try all the heads and shafts ect. I went with the thought that the G25 was for me but after hit after hit I came away with the AP1 with a +2 and I seriously could not believe what i was achieving hitting the ball into the range woow and trackman confermed it!!. My son who tried various club heads walked away with the Mizuno 825 pro believe it or not.
We play for fun dont belong to any club or play comp, but we have improved so much and enjoy the game more so now with these's club's we are now going to join a club and play comp that is the confidance that the AP1 has bought to my game.
feel free to contact me for veriforcation,as i dont find who i tell about these's great AP1's

Sunshine Golf Club

tested AP1, Mizuno 825, G25's

August 12, 2012

Reviewed by: asli ,  Shoots in the 80s

ap1

Summary:
excellence, my HC getting lower

July 25, 2012

Reviewed by: Peter ,  Shoots in the 70s

AP 1 710

Summary:
I HAVE PLAYED MANY SETS OVER THE YEARS BUT THESE IRONS WITH THE NIPPON SHAFT ARE AWESOME . 7 IRON DOWN HAVE A BLADE LIKE LOOK WITH NO OFFSET,STOP VERY GOOD ON HARD GREENS. HIGH PENERTRATING FLIGHT.EASIEST CLUB TO HIT AND WORK AROUND AND VER FORGIVING,I PLAY OFF A 3 HCP AND PREFER THESE OVER AP2 .

MP52 MX300 TITLEIST 804 CALLAWAY X14

July 3, 2012

Reviewed by: Warren C ,  Shoots in the 80s

Titleist AP1 712

Summary:
I am an 18 handicap golfer. I have been looking for new irons for a while now, I read all the reviews on here regarding various different irons and in almost all cases people just came from the shop and raved about the irons.

Without much testing, I bought a set of Mizuno JPX Pro Irons (I was coming from a set of Mizuno MX20 and am a fan of Mizuno clubs). I simply couldn’t hit them! Good shots were great, poor shots were brutal - they were not as forgiving as the marketing (and the reviews) would lead you to believe. In the time I had the clubs I struggled to break 95 and hadn’t made a single birdie.

I went into my local Nevada Bobs, he put me on the monitor and suggested the AP1 712 irons with Dynalite Gold X-100 shafts (the MX20 were R300).

I was dubious about the shafts, but he offered me a 14 day money back guarantee. I traded in the JPX Pros and bought the irons and have since played eight rounds of golf with them.

The first thing that was instantly noticeable was that I was straighter than the JPX Pros and much more consistent.

The second thing I noticed was that my poor shots were not punished as badly as with the JPX Pros.

The third thing that I noticed was my good shots were shorter than the good shots with the JPX Pros (most likely the shafts).

To start with, I was annoyed with this, but having played the few rounds, the added forgiveness in the AP1 irons has given me the confidence to swing that bit harder and any loss of distance is negligible.

Bearing my handicap in mind; moving the ball right to left and left to right is not as important to me as hitting the ball straight, however having said that I did notice on the range that I could move the ball both ways, not much, but this is more likely my ability than any shortcoming in the clubs.

These irons are aimed at the mid-handicap player and do exactly what the marketing says; they hit the ball straight and are forgiving, if you are not ready for blades, these are the clubs.

My last three rounds were 87, 87 & 85 with and birdies are seen again, enough said!

Moral of the story, get custom fit by somebody who knows what they are talking about! I am now enjoying golf again!

I am an 18 handicap golfer (not for much longer!!).

Nevada Bobs custom ordered the clubs and they were in within 7 days.

June 7, 2012

Reviewed by: E. Miquelon ,  Shoots in the 80s

Summary:
On 6-7-2012 I came in for a fitting for new clubs at the new PGA TOUR SUPERSTORE. I brought a still sealed set of R-11's I had just received as a gift. Based on a hunch these would not be much different than my old Burners I made the switch to Titleist AP-1's. The service was great! My club fitting was awsome! The manager on duty "Darrell" was very professional. Best of all I went right to the course and shot my best round in 25 years. These clubs launch the ball straight to the cup. I am very pleased and would recommend these clubs to anyone wanting to drop their scores into the 70's