Titleist AP2 Irons Review

Titleist AP2

Titleist AP2 712 3-PW Iron Set with Steel Shafts Dedicated to providing serious golfers with the highest performing equipment in golf, Titleist introduces the next generation of its groundbreaking Advanced Performance irons. The new Titleist AP2 Iron stays true to the design mission of Advanced Performance with Feel. It is a multi-material, dual cavity iron that provides modern ball flight and forgiveness with the traditional look, feel, and sound that serious golfers have come to expect from a

More Products from Titleist  >>

Web Address
Information Added By

August 7, 2013

Reviewed by: Muscatv1n ,  Shoots in the 70s

710 AP2

Summary:
I've used the AP2 (2 versions) for 4 years, and they are long, accurate, forgiving, quite compact at address and relatively soft. True they are not as accurate as blades. In northern Europe, playing blades would be brutal. Why punish yourself with a club that hasn't changed much in 20+ years. Sorry, I'm not into this ego, nonsense!! I would rather play consistent golf.

AP2 (original), MP53, Ping eye 2+, Titleist 962, Cobra baffler

August 24, 2012

Reviewed by: Drew Bunnin ,  Shoots in the 80s

Titleist AP2

Summary:
I have to laugh when all these tools say that good ball-strikers should play blades and that AP2s are for truly skilled players. Tell that to Webb Simpson and Steve Stricker...

April 18, 2012

Reviewed by: CT ,  Shoots in the 70s

AP2

Summary:
I have been playing the ap2 for two years now. I special ordered with my specs and NS shafts. However, it is important to note that these are not blades. They are not even close to the feel of a true forged blade. If you are a long term committed forged blade player you should really consider why you want to go to the ap2. I have found them to be longer and considerably more forgiving than say a forged 670 blade. But the trade off is the feel and accuracy of a well struck shot. So far I guess I am willing to continue making that trade off. But I sometimes do miss the feel of a forged blade. I don't miss the inconsistent scoring though.

Golfsmith custom order was perfect.

Titleist, Wilson, Hogan, Snake Eyes and Golfsmith Blade Irons.

March 26, 2012

Reviewed by: John Fairway ,  Shoots in the 70s

Titleist AP2 710

Summary:
Most of the really good players at my private club play the AP2. Titleist is one of the brands our pro really pushes because he wants us to all play better. You can tell with these irons that they are made with more exactness. Actually, I think I may play better with the Callaway Razr's but the AP2s look way better in the bag.

I may get the Titleist 710 forged blades just to up the ante a little more. Give myself something to think about when I'm lining up a 180 yard shot with a little wind to the left.

My wife bought me the AP2s but I wish she would have done what I told her to do and ordered the CBs or the blades. She never does anything right.

Well, I'm going out to the course now. I like just going out there by myself because I always shoot great scores. I play 3 balls at a time.

Those guys are great.

Just Titleist

February 23, 2012

Reviewed by: Sam Davies ,  Shoots in the 70s

titleist ap2

Summary:
When it comes to my irons I look for something that looks nice at address but more importantly is able to work the ball left to right and vis versa. The impact of these clubs are crisp and the turf interaction is better than my previous clubs (mizuno mp 62) which just didn't offer the forgiveness I have been looking for as I have been looking to take my current hobby to a job! The set I have been custom fitted for are ap2's from 3 to 6 iron, and cb from 7 to pitching wedge. At first I was worried about the transaction but they perform brilliantly together with the look at address very similar. Overall I would highly recommend these clubs to anyone from a scratch to 13 handicap, and blend if you feel like you need to! Combo irons are the way forward!

Titleist 735.cm, Taylormade Rac TP, Mizuno mp 62 and 30