Titleist DCI 962B Irons Review

More Products from Titleist  >>

November 1, 2006

Reviewed by: bjdrivers ,  Shoots in the 70s

DCI 962B Sensicore Stiff

Summary:
Love these irons. Nice, traditional setup, awesome workability and excellent feedback. Under $200 on ebay. Pwnzor!!

Didn't use

dci 990

April 13, 2005

Reviewed by: carp130 ,  Shoots in the 80s

Titleist 962B

Summary:
I have been using Callaway's X-14 for the past four years. The callaway's are good clubs, but my score has not improve and that is frustrating. I decide to go for a change and try some blade like clubs. Clubs that I can control trajectory and shape, but I also didn't want to spend alot of money on some blades because I have never hit a blade. Read some reviews on this website and decided on the 962B's. I have only played one round, and I can see that I made a great choice. They feel great...they are workable, and most of all they were playable. I knew I could get under the limb and over or around the tree. They basically did what I wanted. I always have problems with par 3's, and I tell myself that if I can lower my par 3 score then I could shave about five strokes of the card, and for the first time ever...I was even on the par 3's.

Never used

Callaway X-14.

November 25, 2004

Reviewed by: Macca ,  Shoots in the 70s

Titleist 962B

Summary:
Aye aye! I bought a set of Titleist 962B irons about 3-4 years ago, can't remember! Anyway, they were a one-off offer at the Kings Links Golf Centre in Aberdeen, Scotland. They only had one set, think I paid either £300 or £400, reckon it was £300. They were brand new and the shop had only one-set. Thought the price looked too good to be true to be honest! Anyway, I used them off an 8 handicap for 3 years then last year all of a sudden my game clicked and I managed to get down from 8.4 to a 5.2 handicap. The long irons are not very forgiving and have little, if no, margin for error. I love the short-irons. I find that if I haven't played for a while, my ball striking suffers badly because of this, however, if I'm playing day in day out, the irons are great, and I begin to get into the swing of things and start really using them well!! I wouldn't recommend them for the higher handicap golfer, I reckon they take quite a skilled player (no comment!!) to use them for maximum effect. As I said they are not the most forgiving, however, if you are playing well, there is no better feeling that hitting one right out the middle, and i was fortunate to have a really good season this year! You get absolutely fantastic feel and control with the short irons around the greens, although with the longer irons, I maybe compensate by using a wood, when I could really and should really have hit a 3 iron. I really have to be playing well with confidence before I can hit a solid 3 iron!!! Overall, really top clubs!

25/11/04

February 20, 2004

Reviewed by: medic170979 ,  Shoots in the 70s

Titleist 962b 2-PW

Summary:
At the time of purchase, which was the 2nd year they came out, I was a 2 handicap and #1 player on my high school team. I had been playing the original Taylor Made forged blades and loved them, however they were so old they were getting worn out. I never thought I'd settle for a cast iron let alone a cavity back, but at address you could have fooled me that this club wasn't a blade. These clubs have all the beauty and luster of a true players iron at address, but they also provide somethign my blades never would. Since graduating from high school and college, and now having to work a real job, I don't golf everyday like I did in school and thus my handicap has disintegrated to a 9, but these irons haved treated me well throughout. I've now discovered that not only are they pretty and workable like blades, they offer the forgiveness of a cavity back. Now I'm not proclaiming these to be as easy to hit as an oversize head, but they provide an excellent balance of all things one looks for in an iron. I'd recomend these to any golfer from 15 handicap down to a scratch, but good luck finding a set anymore. (unless you can find one of us lucky ones to sell them to you!) Oh by the way, mine are 1/4" long and 1 degree strong in the loft to help me keep my ball flight lower.

I had one heck of a time getting my "Custom Built for" labels from Titleist, but the clubs turned out just fine minus the labels. They eventually shipped them and no problems since.

Mizuno MP-Grad 2-PW, Taylor Made Blades 2-PW