Titleist DCI 981 Irons Review

More Products from Titleist  >>

November 24, 2015

Reviewed by: Rick ,  Shoots in the 80s

titleist dci 981 irons

Summary:
I've played about every iron known to man. The TITLEIST DCI 981 are the best. The feel of these irons are superb. I have gained a club in distance using this set with Tri-spec stiff shafts.I really do prefer the 981 they are very forgiving and accurate.I also have a set of dci 762 which are a great set but I prefer the 981.

Callaway RAZR tour,Hogan edge pro,Cobra forged,

March 14, 2013

Reviewed by: blair ,  Scratch Golfer

Titleist dci 981 irons

Summary:
These irons are great im a pro and for my game they were great clubs for the money i had these for about 5 years they can be hard to play if your playing bad but tht might just be me

June 16, 2010

Reviewed by: im4indiana ,  Shoots in the 80s

Titleist 981 irons

Summary:
I picked up a set of these on Ebay for around $100. I played with a set of Titleist Acushnet AC108 irons back in high school. Once I got out on the range and hit a few shots, I couldn't believe how straight and true these irons were, even for being about 10-12 years old. Ball flight was consistent and the club has a huge sweetspot. I usually hit a 7 iron in the range of 150 yards and was flying this 7 iron in the 160 yard range. Looking forward to getting out and playing a few rounds with these clubs. Recently had neck surgery so I am really ready to get out and smack the ball around. I really like how these clubs look behind the ball and how the ball jumps off the clubface. If you can pick up a set for $100, they are definitely worth checking out...

Never had to use.

Titleist AC-108 circa 1970s
Titleist DCI irons

June 22, 2009

Reviewed by: Aaron ,  Shoots in the 80s

Titleist DCI 981

Summary:
Great club for intermediate golfers. I was hitting the 845's from tommy armour before i got me a set of DCI's. I have to say that they are about a club and a half longer then my 845's were. They are long and straight. 5-iron is around 195-205 yrds. Takes some time to get used to stiff staff but only takes a few times at the range. Even after not playing for a few months...my iron play is usually pretty consistant(putting is always a different story). Overall very happy with these clubs and would highly recomend them to someone who plays for power and does not try to manipulate flight patterns. simple hit it straight.

i am however thinking about hitting a mid blade...the DCI 962b's any feedback for me??

Ping Zing 2, tommy armour 845

June 17, 2009

Reviewed by: Yohomes ,  Shoots in the 90s

Titleist DCI 981's

Summary:
I just recieved these clubs used from my uncle last summer. I hit them all a little at the end of the summer, and I liked the feel of them. I have steel shafts, but when you do not hit it solid it can sting a little. Overall they are good clubs, at least good enough for a 13 year old.