Titleist DCI Oversize+ Black Irons Review

More Products from Titleist  >>

August 30, 2017

Reviewed by: p.j. myers ,  Shoots in the 80s

titleist dci oversize black

Summary:
i had pings for years,22 to be exact. tried the switch over to titleist and glad i did.got a set on the dci + blacks with rifle 6.0 shafts after trading my ping eye 2's after 22+yrs. glad i did,got the 3-lw at $120 and well worth the price. played last tuesday and shot a 39 on the front 9 and 40 on the back which is my best score to date 79. shot 82 once with pings, but the feel and swing of rifle shafts and the blade feel like of the dci's are above the pings in my opinion.they dont have the bulkyness and chunky feel of cavity backs which took a few rounds to get used too. i am a sweeper or picker of the ball and have to adjust to hitting down on it now but it controls distance and with the 8-LW it produces more spin and more distance control. the long irons are a little hard to hit 3-5 but my 6-LW are like hitting the ball with a marshmellow. i will gladly give up distance with being dead on with my wedges,from 150yds in is where the game is anyway. i would recommend these irons to anyone wanting titleist, not a scratch golfer by any means but am working on it with my last score of 79. these are for mid handicappers and those that shoot in the 90's.

September 19, 2010

Reviewed by: Dirk ,  Shoots in the 90s

Titleist DCI 981 Oversize +

Summary:
Picked up a set 4-SW, rifle shafts, upright specs for a little over $100. What a bargain! These irons are tight and buttery soft. Remind me of the old forged. I'm just an average golfer but am finding condidence from these classic looking and hitable irons.

not experienced.

Ping, Lynx Black Cat, Cleveland Gold, Callaway X-14 and 2004's

September 19, 2009

Reviewed by: stevewdraper ,  Shoots in the 90s

Titleist DCI Black Oversize

Summary:
Just got these clubs from my uncle.
Only practised with them for a few days.
They feel very well balanced and make me feel confident at address.
My last set were Great Whites.
However these Titleist clubs feel less threatening when looking down at the clubface. Brilliant for the player who feels embarrassed when his friends are watching him take a shot. You just know that the ball will leave the clubface and go in the direction you are aiming.

Not used. But they are only 20 miles from where I live.

Great Whites.

June 2, 2009

Reviewed by: Thumper ,  Shoots in the 70s

titlist DCI black

Summary:
sup' fellow golfers... i had a set of taylormade supersteel irons they were nice...except vandals had gotten away with the whole set...heart broken, heavy heart...left eye twitch, brother and i were forced to a yard sale, wife found a set of clubs for $60.00.
all excited because they were the titlist DCI black, i had these clubs tuned to my swing, inserted tru-temper S-300 shafts now the rest is history i now have been using these for the last 8 months.
i love the workability of these easy to hit clubs, i don't know why i haven't tried these clubs earlier...
who says older clubs are no good, hard to hit, i'd say...better go to your club pro and check your swing again, oh..and bring somemore dollars to the course...

Taylormade supersteel.

February 1, 2008

Reviewed by: Walter Wellsfry ,  Shoots in the 80s

Titleist DCI Oversize Black

Summary:
I bought my DCI Oversize Black's new in 1996. I played them as my "gamer set" for ten years and was always pleased with them. Titleist stands for quality and these clubs are still outstanding today--especially for mid to high handicappers.

True, they have a good amount of offset and are a bit large in shape. But they are still excellent as I recently tested them against a brand new set of Callaway X 20's. As a 11 index I played 6 rounds with the X20"s and my best score was an 86. I then played a round with my trusty old DCI's and shot an 82!! I ditched the X20"s and just purchased a set of X20 Tours (best score 77) but have retained my Titleist's as a great back-up set and the one to go to when I need more forgiveness.

You can pick-up a used set for a song. I cannot endorse more highly for a inexpensive, forgiving set of quality irons.

FYI--if you really want to improve, work on your short game! Titleist Vokey Spin-Milled wedges are awesome!!

Outstanding! Lost my eight iron about four years ago and Titleist replaced as they had still retained my custom order specs. Titleist is a great golf company.

Callaway X20, Ping G5 and 10