Titleist Forged 695MB Irons Review

Titleist Forged 695MB

The Forged 695MB™ irons feature a unique Z-Muscle design that removes weight from the heel area of the club. This shifts the center of gravity closer to the face center for a solid feel, more efficient energy transfer and consistent launch conditions.

More Products from Titleist  >>

February 18, 2013

Reviewed by: Skip Letrud ,  Shoots in the 80s

Titleist 695MB

Summary:
Have used these blades for 3 years now. I had heard all the experts say blades are for pros and scratch golfers. I've also read some of the reviews here and would have to agree with many of them. When you hit these clubs pure, there is no better feeling in the world. When you're off, it's like any other bad golf shot regardless of club in hand. I started with 19 handicap with these and have lowered to 11 this past summer. The lower lofts (3-5) are more difficult to hit but 7-PW feel great. The thin topline suits my eye. I have buddies with game-improvements look like hybrids 3-PW, not something I like to see. I would definately recommend these but they will take time if you are a self-taught, like myself. My goal this coming summer is even par, and these clubs are staying with me for the forseeable future.

May 27, 2010

Reviewed by: Jondavis218 ,  Shoots in the 70s

Titleist 695 mb

Summary:
These blades are the best irons I've ever played. I played the tour model in the early eighties and then switched to cavity backed irons (ping, Taylor made, Tommy armor, and Wilson). Early this year I got a set of the 695's. The 695's have little forgiveness but a lot of instant feedback on misses. I have shaved at least three strokes off my score with the 695's. Bought a back up set of the 695's just in case I wear out my first set. I highly recommend them for anyone that wants to truly improve their game rather than just cover up their misses.

April 19, 2010

Reviewed by: aohlead ,  Shoots in the 70s

Forged 695MB

Summary:
I love these irons. I shoot in the high 70s low 80s and have recently been shooting better due to an refining of my swing this winter. With the training, I also have been able to swing the club much faster with much more control and the TTDG S300 shafts I currently have on my Mizuno Pro II's have recently been causing me to have a slight 5-10 yard draw. After demoing a lot of new and used clubs and shafts and after much discussion with PGA pros around town, I have come to the conclusion that I would benefit from the X100s or another form of Extra Stiff flex. During my hitting of clubs, I demoed a used set of 695 MB and was blown away by the feel. I hit them longer that my Pro II's which are actually a degree stronger than the 695 MB, but the used set selling for over $300 had S300 shafts and thus I still produced a slight draw. Since then, I have been tirelessly searching for anything remotely similar to the 695MB with X100 shafts. I have looked at all the 690's, ZB, ZM, 710MB, 710CB and other Titleist blades and blade-like irons. I have looked on ebay and in all the shops around town with no success. Last night I finally found a set of these in excellent condition and paid $225 for them and CANNOT wait to hit them this Friday. I will stand by this when I say that if you are a mid handicapper and want to get better, you have to play with the best to do so. Game improvement irons hide mistakes, blade irons (the true game improvement irons) actually force you to correct your mistakes. I went from shooting in the mid 90s to shooting low 80s high 90s last summer after switching from Adams IDEA A1 irons (game improvements) to the Mizuno Pro II's and with the extra distance and better control I experienced demoing the 695's, I expect an even greater improvement this summer. Personally there is not much difference in the ZM or MB710s compared to the 695MB to justify spending hundreds more unless you want to impress someone with your wallet. Lastly, I must say in the never-ending debate of Titleist v. Mizuno (We know no other brand compares in their forging capabilities), I have found Mizuno to be slightly better feel but not by much, HOWEVER, I have found that Titliest blades are smaller and less bulky in appearance compared to Mizuno blades and what is the point in switching from bulky game improvements to bulky blades? Workability is the same and distance is better in Titleist. I would trade a microscopic amount of feel for better appearance at address and better distance at less lofts.

Helped me to confirm they were not counterfeit before I purchased.

Wow too many. My buddy works at a golf course so I frequently use demo set that they have and play a couple rounds with each set. These are just the irons I have used :-) The ones that I have owned will be labeled. I have played at least 5 -10 rounds with each set to gather good information.

Adams IDEA A1 (have owned)

Adams Pro Gold (have owned)

Callaway X-Forged

Mizuno T-Zoid Pro II (Currently using and will argue that they are the best Mizuno Iron out there even though they are over 10 years old)

Mizuno MP 30 (have owned)

Mizuno MP 32

Mizuno MP 33

Mizuno MP 37

Mizuno MP 60 (have owned)

Mizuno MP 67

Titleist DCI 762 (have owned)

Titleist DCI 962 (have owned)

Titleist 735 CM (have owned)

Titleist AP1 (2008) (have owned)

Titleist AP2 (2008)

Nike CPR2 (have owned)

February 27, 2010

Reviewed by: Kane ,  Shoots in the 70s

titleist 695 mb

Summary:
I was a 19 handicap when I bought these clubs in 08 I now have a 7 handicap and shot an even par 68 last weekend. With these irons you either play well or struggle, they force you to fix your swing and I'm glad I stuck with them

Ping Eye 2's

February 21, 2010

Reviewed by: JCGL ,  Shoots in the 90s

Titleist 695MB

Summary:
Ive always been told that blades arent for high handicappers. But Ive also been told that my swing was better than the 18 handicap that I have. So a month ago, decided to demo a used set of these titleist 695MB blades after reading an article that blades werent solely for low handicappers. I liked the look of these clubs. Very little offset. Nice compact heads and thin top line. The looks of a club was a big factor for me when i decided to go looking for a set of clubs. If it didnt look nice to me at address then forget it.
Anyways, I surprisingly hit these well at the practice range. I loved the feel of "pured" shots. Its not as buttery as the mizuno mp-67 i also demo'ed, but very solid and still soft and flew with the mid trajectory that i liked (not too low and not too high). What I really liked was the feedback. I could tell when i hit from sweetspot or not. The feedback has helped me work on finding a better swing.
So I took them for the first time onto the course a couple of weeks ago but I left out the 3-6 irons bcoz I thought I wasnt ready to play comp golf with the blades. I think that was a mental error bcoz I started with a negative thought. I played very tentative - still not trusting the clubs to do their work, so
I wasnt ready to give them up yet. I continued to work with these clubs at the range just trying to get my swing better.
Yesterday i played comp golf with the whole set and I shot a career best 83. My overall iron shots were better than Ive ever hit them. I had a couple of not so good shots, one was a 7 iron which i caught off the toe but ended up at the front side of the (smallish) green. Ultimately, i was very surprised by this as I expected the ball to end up really short and way right of the green.
Blades arent for everybody, but you never know unless you try them. If you have the patience to work on your swing, then give them a go. The Titleist 695MB in my opinion are pretty solid clubs and surprisingly forgiving (if there is such as thing as forgiveness with blades).

nil