Tom Wishon Golf 770CFE Computer Face Engineered Irons Review

Tom Wishon Golf 770CFE Computer Face Engineered

• Model 770CFE irons represent the first set of irons designed with a forged steel
  • To accommodate this natural tendency in iron impact position
  • The body of each 770CFE iron is designed to maximize the area of the face available for face deflection
  • The sole design of the 770CFE is designed to keep a large amount of mass low

More Products from Tom Wishon Golf  >>

September 11, 2009

Reviewed by: guando ,  Shoots in the 80s

Wishon 770CFE

Summary:
In short, the best irons I've ever played hands down. Up close they look so good I didn't want to leave the safety of the range mat for fear of scratching them (I put a small nick on the P wedge on my first round and nearly cried). Picked them up fairly cheap second hand although they barely had a mark on them, I fell in love as soon as I unwrapped them. Fitted with Apollo Hump regular steel shafts with prosoft inserts the combination feels just right for my moderate swing speed. I've always struggled with long irons and like many had swapped them for hybrids, the 4 and 5 irons are so much easier to hit they're back in and the hybrids are out. They make a distinct 'click' sound (varies depending on the ball you're using) that some may not like it but I do. Reading Tom's book 'The Right Sticks' prompted me to try his clubs and I'm glad I did, they simply ooze quality and will be in my bag for a long time, a real engineering marvel.

Big Bertha Irons(2004), TaylorMade R7XD, Snake Eyes 675XC, Nike NDS

April 4, 2007

Reviewed by: retsdarb ,  Shoots in the 90s

Tom Wishon Golf 770CFE Computer Face Engineered

Summary:
I had a set (4I-PW) of Tom Wishon 770CFE custom made at D'Lance golf in the Denver area late last summer. I've now played about 15 rounds on these clubs. The largest single factor I noticed with these clubs is consistency. My distance control is far better with my mid-irons, primarily because mis-hits are extremely forgiving, whether hitting towards the toe or heel. In addition, I find it much easier to hit 4I/5I shots with confidence, which has improved my game dramatically. The look of the clubs is outstanding and I've had numerous playing partners comment as such.

No Experience.

Cleveland, Wilson, Snake Eyes

April 19, 2006

Reviewed by: Twin2L ,  Shoots in the 90s

Wishon 770CFE

Summary:
Simply put, the easiest club I've ever hit. Distances are consistent, the trajectory is perfect (even if I'm not) and mis-hits are far more forgiving. Balls will check up with shorter irons and they feel so smooooooth. Tom Wishon has created a masterpiece with these irons!

They're not only on the GD Hotlist, they ARE the Hotlist where irons are concerned.

OUTSTANDING!! What a great organization to deal with.

Nicklaus, Ping, Wilson, Mizuno, Golfsmith

May 22, 2005

Reviewed by: JLetourneau ,  Shoots in the 70s

Tom Wishon 770cfe

Summary:
I own and operate Virginia Custom Golf and have been building high end Custom clubs for several years and Toms designs are the smoothest and of the highest quality, these are no exception! the 770 CFE design is awesome, very long and forgiving. The look is very atractive in the bag and almost bladelike at address. the cavity progresses throughout the set as well as the face thickness giving it more forgiveness in the longer irons and more face deflection in the shorter irons. Feedback is very good but not at all harsh and trajectory is moderate depending on your angle of attack. very versatile and accurate!! Workability is as good as the man swinging the club, short iron draws are a snap, cut shots are smooth and finesse shots check quickly due to the milled face and grooves. Currently trying different shafts and Moi matching, deffinately my new favorite sticks. Thanks Tom.

Talk to Matt Mohi, he's da man!!!

Preety much everything!

May 22, 2005

Reviewed by: JLetourneau ,  Shoots in the 70s

Tom Wishon 770cfe

Summary:
I own and operate Virginia Custom Golf have been building high end Custom clubs for several years and Toms designs are the smoothest and of the highest quality, these are no exception! the 770 CFE design is awesome, very long and forgiving. The look is very atractive in the bag and almost bladelike at address. the cavity progresses throughout the set as well as the face thickness giving it more forgiveness in the longer irons and more face deflection in the shorter irons. Feedback is very good but not at all harsh and trajectory is moderate depending on your angle of attack. very versatile and accurate!! Workability is as good as the man swinging the club, short iron draws are a snap, cut shots are smooth and finesse shots check quickly due to the milled face and grooves. Currently trying different shafts and Moi matching, deffinately my new favorite sticks. Thanks Tom.

Talk to Matt Mohi, he's da man!!!

Preety much everything!