Tommy Armour Golf 845FS Silverback Irons Review

Tommy Armour Golf 845FS Silverback

These 845FS irons are for serious players of all skill levels. The 845FS has an oversized design with progressive offset that offers the player solid and straight shots with little distance lost on off center hits. With this set, you will find it extremely easy to get the ball in the air. This traditional design is cavity balanced, perimeter weighted and has a short hosel and longer blade length which promotes lower center of gravity. Offered with Tommy Armour Steel shafts in stiff or regular flex. Look below for the graphite option.

More Products from Tommy Armour Golf  >>

February 22, 2006

Reviewed by: golferb8s ,  Shoots in the 90s

Tommy Armour 845FS

Summary:
I absolutely love thes irons. I have not shot any high end irons, but after using these I don't need to. I am not a distance player, I like to think that I am average, but with my three iron I often put it out 250+. I like everything about these irons from the look to the feel. all in all a good pick up.

not needed

Top-flite, Dunlop.

August 13, 2004

Reviewed by: bdcrowe ,  Shoots in the 80s

TA 845fs

Summary:
I've had these a while and got good results. Then went to Orlimar and got good results. Then went to component set graphite, good results and better distance. I got the TAs out and hit them again. They are back in my bag and will probably stay there. My swing has improved since last playing them and they are the sweetest thing. They are long, forgiving, and the feedback is absolutely SWEET. Long live the SilverScots.

???

Orlimar sf302, Nike ProCombo, Cally x16

July 29, 2004

Reviewed by: yak. ,  Shoots in the 70s

Tommy Armour 845fs

Summary:
I ve just tried the tommy armour irons, usually I am a long hitter PW-135 #7-170 with my titleist 704.cb. I was at the range and tried my friend tommy's PW I smoked it 155 yards...I was amazed, I tried is 7 iron and smashed it 190 yards... these are the longest irons I ve hit, but I wouldn t recommend it to long hitters you won't get any distance control. The feeling is alright, the sweetspot isn t that sweet tho....good overall balance, no trajectory control.

?

Cavity: Titleist 990,cb 704 cb, ping blade i3, Hogan Apex Edge, Mizuno MP-30, cleveland TA3, Nike Combo. I ve tried almost all MBs 2.

April 16, 2004

Reviewed by: Score ,  Shoots in the 90s

845 FS

Summary:
I want to amend my first review. I wrote that review after playing the clubs for only a few rounds in cold weather. That was a mistake on my part.

These irons have to be one of the best values in golf. I don't pretend to be an expert on golf equpiment but I have hit some awesome shots with these irons. Great feedback and forgivness. Hit the sweetspot and the feeling is incredible. I can work the ball with these irons, something I could never have dreamed of doing with my previous set.

Probably the best thing I can say about these irons is that I no longer carry a seven wood. Yesterday I hit several towering, 185+ yard shots with my four iron. I have never before hit such long, beauitful shots with my long irons. Highly recommended.

Not needed

No-names. Hit a friend's Ping I3s-very nice irons.

March 7, 2004

Reviewed by: Score ,  Shoots in the 90s

Armour 845FS

Summary:
Forgiving and accurate. Good quality. Lost alot of distance with these initally which is an issue for me as I'm not much of a big hitter to start with.

I used to hit my old 4 iron about 170, with this 4 iron I'm getting 150. I will continue to play them for a couple of months but if I can't gain any distance, I'll probably be looking for a new set of irons.

none