Top-Flite Tour Oversize Irons Review

More Products from Top-Flite  >>

August 9, 2014

Reviewed by: mikeknee ,  Shoots in the 80s

topflitetourmuscleshaftr80regula

Summary:
Gotasetofirons3thru9howmuchare

June 25, 2012

Reviewed by: H Nordblom ,  Shoots in the 80s

Top Flite Tour Oversize irons

Summary:
I began playing golf regularly in 1999, and my first set of new clubs were the Top Flites Tour Oversize in 2001. Very straight, somewhat lower ball flight, but accurate and forgiving. Replaced the 3 and 4 with hybrids, but 5-P are still in the bag. I made the mistake of switching to Ping G5s for a few years, looking for a higher ball flight (that did happen on straight shots), but I could never fade the ball and most shots moved right to left. Went back to the Top Flites and my game improved immediately with straight, predictable shots.

Ping G5

September 20, 2010

Reviewed by: p atwood ,  Shoots in the 80s

Top Flite Tour Oversized Irons

Summary:
These cavity-back irons replaced my old Top Flite Professional blades back in 2001. Every once in a while I try to go back to the blades when I think my game is really on and I'm invariably forced to admit that blades are a club of the past, at least for me. I've had some success with the new clubs, winning my club's senior club championship as well as several weekend club tournaments. The 3 and 4 irons have been replaced with hybids (Tour Edge J-Max Ironwoods) and I've added a Tour Edge gap wedge that is very necessary with the strong loft of the set's pitching wedge. If I ever replace these it will be with another cavity back set, probably including hybrid 3 and 4 irons.

Never used.

Ping Eye-two. Hogan Edge

August 10, 2010

Reviewed by: Jeff Carey ,  Shoots in the 80s

Top Flite Tour Irons (1999)

Summary:
I saw these in the golf shop in Dublin, CA and really liked the look and feel of them. I really believe a club has to feel right in the hands or you won't play well with them, these just seemed right to me. They were about $500 and I just couldn't bring myself to buy them. A few months later I won a driver at the A T & T Pebble Beach tournament in a drawing. I didn't like the feel of it so I took it to the golf store to see if they would give me credit for it against the Tour irons and I have had them ever since. I can't hit the 3 but love the 4 thru P and hit them long and straight with good spin and control. The sand wedge is ok out of the sand but really short in the fairway and I have never been able to find a matching gap wedge to go with these clubs, but if I do I will certainly buy. I was in my mid 50's when I got them and now in my 60's I still love these clubs and their feel. They have the Graphite Muscle shaft that is easy to swing and control. I've looked at other clubs and even tried a few but I have not seen anything that would make me give these up.
I have never been a heavy hitter but as soon as I started playing these irons I added about 20 yards per club. Had my first ace with the 9 iron too. If you can find a set of these you should take them and give them a chance they are great clubs.

April 1, 2010

Reviewed by: firstcut ,  Shoots in the 80s

Top Flite Tour

Summary:
Great clubs used them for 3 seasons now. Only paid 175 used. Has a nice soft feel on impact.

snake eyes Ti, palm springs