Tour Edge Bazooka JMax Progressive Irons Review

Tour Edge Bazooka JMax Progressive

Wide sole and undercut cavity in the 2-7 irons for forgiveness. Muscle-back cavity in 8-LW for feel and playability. 431 stainless steel for the ultimate in responsiveness.

More Products from Tour Edge  >>

March 14, 2009

Reviewed by: golfer7890 ,  Shoots in the 90s

jmax irons + 3/4 ironwoods

Summary:
I bought the 3-pw set for my dad. He's a beginning golfer and a quick learner. Previously he was playing my brother's Titleist 804 OS. He plays the Jmax just as well. Stock steel shafts are lightweight, mid kick, and suits my dad's moderate swing speed. The 3 and 4 ironwoods have graphite shafts. My dad hits these hybrids very straight and long. The trajectory is low and boring. I tried them and cannot hit them properly. They look very different from conventional hybrids. Doesn't suit my eye, but they work very well for my dad. I tried the irons, and they are better than I expected. I bought the set for less than $100 shipped. Good clubs for the money.

Very good at responding to emails.

I've owned so many clubs, its an addiction.

February 7, 2008

Reviewed by: crapyking ,  Shoots in the 90s

JMAX Progressive irons

Summary:
I picked up a partial set (used) 5-9 on ebay for a steal. I used to have JMAX QL but the didn't like the big sole on the higher irons.The progressive have traditional shape in the higher irons & cavity in the lower. THEY ARE GREAT! The steel shafts are step less & have great feel. Super value.

Titlest,powerbilt,cleveland,....everything.

June 17, 2007

Reviewed by: Tim ,  Shoots in the 80s

Tour Edge Jmax Progressive

Summary:
I picked up a brand new set of these clubs for a real bargain ($100). I have hit "everything" as I am a true golf junkie, and for the price, no one comes close to Tour Edge for quality and playability. This club has the same playability features of the much more expensive Mizuno MX 20's (which I owned) and even though it is a game improvement club, I can work the ball nicely. I like the looks of these clubs, not excessive offset on the mid-long irons, and the Precision shafts are both light and produce beautiful trajectory with a good swing. Still working out the distances, which seem about a half a club longer on the shorter irons...about right in the mid-long irons. I have owned them all (Titleist, Ping, Callaway, Wilson, Mizuno, Lynx, Golfsmith, etc.) and for the price and quality, nothing beats Tour Edge. Of the big names, I've always found the Mizunos to have the edge on irons...really like their forged irons and multiple designs for all levels of players. However, I am done paying out big bucks for golf clubs when I can get everything I need from a company like Tour Edge. Maybe when I retire in a couple years, they'll send me a free hat or two, and I'll give them some cheap advertising because I will be on the course getting my handicap back to single digits!

Not used, but I am confident with their attention to registration and concern for customer satisfaction that they will do the right thing if called upon.

Titleist (dci's, 962's), Ping (ISI's, Eye-2), Callaway (original Big Bertha), Mizuno (Sure, Tzoid Pro, Tzoid MX20), Wilson (RM's fat shaft), Tommy Armor (845's, Silver Scott forged cavity backs), and on...(told you I was a junkie)

April 13, 2005

Reviewed by: gullettc ,  Shoots in the 80s

JMAX Progressive Irons

Summary:
Very easy to hit. I replaced my 3 iron with a iron-wood and it has helped me take 2 strokes a round off of my game. Long irons are forgiving and the short irons are easy to work.

No problems

August 20, 2004

Reviewed by: fiijohn ,  Shoots in the 80s

tour edge jmax progressive irons

Summary:
I purchased a set of these irons earlier this year, and have grown to like them more with each use. I have the 3 ironwood, with 4 thru sand wedge regla irons. These clubs are easy to hit, with great ball trajectory. They feel great at impact, too. I was at the range today and they had a demo on the Ping G2s. Tried them, and went right back to the Jmax. Much better feel at impact, and just as long. No way would I spend $700 plus on those when these are less than half the price. I've used Tour Edge irons in the past (350Js) and I think these are better. Great to feel confident when you stand over a shot. These will be in my bag for a while.

Clubs were fitted on a Monday, received fed ex on Friday. Can't beat that, I don't think.

Taylor Made, Ping, Titleist