Wilson 1200 Irons Review

More Products from Wilson  >>

September 19, 2015

Reviewed by: Marc ,  Shoots in the 70s

Wilson 1200 GE Irons

Summary:
These were my first set of real clubs, got them in high school, late 80's. Shot some great scores. Stopped playing for some years, then fell back in love with golf. Used some major brands after not using the GE's after high school. Found them in my parents basement and used them. They really are amazing. Not sure why, but I just throw darts at the greens with these. I switch to a major brand every now and again, play OK, then go back to the GE's and simply play better with them. New grips, now they are permanently in my bag. Sold my newer clubs on EBay. Of course I have newer driver/woods and two nice Vokey wedges but these irons are the best. And for those who say they don't spin, I'm sorry, but you probably can't spin a ball with Eye 2's. The GE's provide some serious backspin, that's why I can just fire away with them.

NA

Ping, Titleist, Callaway.

December 7, 2009

Reviewed by: marcodemarzi ,  Shoots in the 100s

Wilson 1200 GE

Summary:
They do not cost much, but they are worth much more than what you pay. Ok, they don't have much spin, but it's what I require at my present level of golfing skill. Tried some other irons in that price range and the Wilsons win on every aspect. I love them and probably I won't get rid of them until I come to a one-digit handicap. Only one con: the grip are way too hard. I think that regripping them with Golf Prides or smg similar would make a difference.So far, they stay in the bag!

TopFLite Executive 2 irons, Ping G10 ( which are better, but at more than three times the price)

August 17, 2009

Reviewed by: ball striker ,  Shoots in the 80s

wilson ge 1200 cavity back

Summary:
This was the first set of cavity backs I have ever owned..Bought them at a pro shop back in 89' for around 300 bucks and played with them until this year..09'...that is 20 years and had them regripped once back in 99'. Guys I just upgraded to the new Wilson di7's and they are just as amazing..they have great feel and the ball fust seems to pop off the face of the club and make a bee line for the target...Thanks Wilson for 20 years of fun, low scoring golf and heres to another 20 with my new di7's.

Mizuno mx25, di7's, Nike Sumos , taylor made rac...Wilson is by far the best out of all of those listed...no lie...well better lie with the wilson...lol

September 13, 2006

Reviewed by: theclew ,  Shoots in the 80s

wilson 1200ge

Summary:
bought new in 1987 for$260 woods for $270 also 1200's, love the clubs sarted to play after 15 years I got back into the swing preety quicklt. love beating my son and friends with there new taylormades and caalaway clubs. no real spin but you just ahve to learn how to feel the shot. recomend for weekend golferor somebody who only plays a couple of times a year. cheap but good. put new golf pride grips makes a world of difference.

added a callaway X460 driver.

September 1, 2006

Reviewed by: beansie ,  Shoots in the 90s

wilson 1200 GE

Summary:
started to play again after 20yr lay off.bought a full set of irons 3,4,5,6,7,8,9,pw,s for £2 each £18 bargin ,had them re gripped with golf pride gripps and hey i do not need to no more money on clubs ,I"m beating all my mates with their moden clubs ,pings,calloways etc,im a strong beliver in if you wanna paly ,and play bad its not the club making the swing its you ,clubs do what you tell them to and these 1200ge"s are listening loud and clear
doncaster,england 1-9-06
FFFFFFOOOOOOORRRRRREEEEEEEEEEE
THANKS ALA MR WILSON " from the film "