Wilson Deep Red Fat Shaft Irons Review

Wilson Deep Red Fat Shaft

Large, oversize face area allows for larger sweetspot for maximum forgiveness on off-center hits

More Products from Wilson  >>

April 6, 2014

Reviewed by: Aaron ,  Shoots in the 80s

Wilson Deep Red

Summary:
I loved golf, but was never very good at it. When I got these clubs everything changed. The difference these clubs have made is amazing. I found them on craigslist and they are the original Deep Red - not Deep Red II etc. I have now joined the local golf club and golf has become my main hobby. I golf about 4 times a week. You can't go wrong with these clubs. I have plenty of money and can buy any clubs I want. I'm sticking with these because they work VERY VERY well for me and no other reason.

November 5, 2012

Reviewed by: Moe Syslak ,  Shoots in the 80s

Wilson Deep Red Fat shaft Irons

Summary:
Picked up a set of these irons off craigslist and couldn't be happier.I had been playing Ben Hogan BH5's and even thoiugh i liked thenm i just didn't get enough distance from them. I've always liked Wilson and these have bneen top notch clubs for me.

none

Wilson 1200GE, Ben Hogan BH5

January 14, 2012

Reviewed by: Mark ,  Shoots in the 80s

Wilson Deep Red fat shaft irons

Summary:
These clubs are very good..I am a 12 handicapper and every time from 155 m out
from the the green , I hit the dancing floor. I personally think that Wilson has not capitalised on the technology of these clubs. I am buying the Di11 fat shafts now and I would like to see if these clubs are an improvement on the Deep Red Fat shafts. I tried 20X Callaways,but they are not the same

June 16, 2009

Reviewed by: BigBL87 ,  Shoots in the 90s

Wilson Deep Red Fat Shaft Irons

Summary:
I picked up these clubs a number of years ago when I finally decided to get somewhat serious about golf. Distance was never a problem, so I was looking for irons that would seriously help my control and was willing to sacrifice a little distance for it.

I did my research and decided on a set of Wilson Deep Reds. I got them used off of Ebay, and they are lengthened about 1.5 inches longer than standard (I'm 6'5"). They aren't custom fitted by any means, but they are a lot better than my previous set of irons as far as feel at address goes.

These irons accomplished exactly what I wanted them to. I have become much more consistent, especially with my mid irons. I have lost about 5-10 yards off of each club, but as stated before, as a long hitter looking for better control, I was prepared to make that sacrifice.

The clubs definitely feel heavier than any set I've used, which is a quality I like in them. Having played baseball and softball for years, I wanted a little bit heftier of a club.

I'd definitely recommend these for long hitters that need more consistency.

June 15, 2009

Reviewed by: Jim ,  Shoots in the 90s

wilson deep red fat shaft irons

Summary:
My deep red fat shafts were my 1st quality set of irons (I learned the game playing with MacGregors). I've hit many irons since getting my wilsons a few years ago, and have not found any that I can hit as straight / far / consistantly. These irons are distinctive and heavy - as long as you're not scared of that, they're well worth the investment!