Wilson Deep Red Fat Shaft Irons Review

Wilson Deep Red Fat Shaft

Large, oversize face area allows for larger sweetspot for maximum forgiveness on off-center hits

More Products from Wilson  >>

August 12, 2015

Reviewed by: Kristian ,  Shoots in the 90s

Wilson Deep Red Fat Shaft

Summary:
After starting to game these clubs I just felt the need to review them. I started playing golf this year with no previous experience looking for fast progress.

I bought a inexpensive set of unused Wilson Deep Red Fat Shafts irons (4-PW) with steel regular shafts on Swedish Ebay and planned to use them only during summer at our summer house. This summer I played them four rounds and lowered my handicap with 8 strokes to 18. Before I played Titleist AP1s but I sold them. Of cause my swing and game has improved in general but these clubs are really easy to hit straight and I get nice ball contact. The feeling for me is that they are fairly light (fat shaft is lighter in my opinion), big club head with forgiveness and soft impact (elastomer insert). Now I take a nice divot knowing that the shaft will flex and clubhead not dig too much into the ground. I read many reviews on this excellent webpage before buying these clubs and can just agree to all the positive things written about the Wilson Deep Red Fat Shafts. Go straight, go deep it says on the shafts - exactly what they do for me :)

Titleist AP1 710 & 714, TM Burner Oversize Bubble Shaft, Adams CB3 Forged, Bridgestone Precept Tour Premium

May 19, 2015

Reviewed by: daniel bentley ,  Shoots in the 80s

wilson deep red irons

Summary:
i bought a set of wilson deep red irons about 5 years ago. i was pleased with their performance until a few days ago. i was hitting an approach shot from just off the fairway when the shaft broke at the grip and the jagged end stabbed me in the palm of my hand. i could not stop the bleeding and had to quit my round. i thought the steel shafts were more durable then that. hell, i was in the second cut and did not even take a divot. i wont be buying any more wilson equippment.

April 6, 2014

Reviewed by: Aaron ,  Shoots in the 80s

Wilson Deep Red

Summary:
I loved golf, but was never very good at it. When I got these clubs everything changed. The difference these clubs have made is amazing. I found them on craigslist and they are the original Deep Red - not Deep Red II etc. I have now joined the local golf club and golf has become my main hobby. I golf about 4 times a week. You can't go wrong with these clubs. I have plenty of money and can buy any clubs I want. I'm sticking with these because they work VERY VERY well for me and no other reason.

November 5, 2012

Reviewed by: Moe Syslak ,  Shoots in the 80s

Wilson Deep Red Fat shaft Irons

Summary:
Picked up a set of these irons off craigslist and couldn't be happier.I had been playing Ben Hogan BH5's and even thoiugh i liked thenm i just didn't get enough distance from them. I've always liked Wilson and these have bneen top notch clubs for me.

none

Wilson 1200GE, Ben Hogan BH5

January 14, 2012

Reviewed by: Mark ,  Shoots in the 80s

Wilson Deep Red fat shaft irons

Summary:
These clubs are very good..I am a 12 handicapper and every time from 155 m out
from the the green , I hit the dancing floor. I personally think that Wilson has not capitalised on the technology of these clubs. I am buying the Di11 fat shafts now and I would like to see if these clubs are an improvement on the Deep Red Fat shafts. I tried 20X Callaways,but they are not the same