Wilson Staff Tour Blades Irons Review

Wilson Staff Tour Blades

More Products from Wilson  >>

March 16, 2013

Reviewed by: herbsewell ,  Shoots in the 80s

Wilson Staff Tour Blades (late 70's to early 80's)

Summary:
These clubs are awesome. I bought my set about a month ago at a garage sale. I paid 20.00 for them. The lady I bought them from said that they were women's clubs. That was when I said, "Was she Betsy King?" She the previous owner was a 4 handicap. They were all dusty and all they needed was to be cleaned off with new grips. They already have helped me hone my swing. I shot 81 with them today. The heads are is such good shape, the shafts are the originals, and they are still very consistent. Sweet spot is the size of a dime. The yardages are about 2 clubs shorter than my MP 29's. But now I don't have to hit my 9 iron 150 anymore. These feel like butter when you pure one. I hit my 2 iron about 220 on a par 5 and got on in 2. I wish that I got these irons when I was a kid. Better late than never.

Hey Wilson, what you did to Karen Stupples is reprehensible.

Mizuno MP 29's

August 11, 2012

Reviewed by: John Gilbert ,  Shoots in the 90s

Wilson Staff Fg 17

Summary:
I am 43 and have been playing for 3 years. I realize that playing a classic forged blade is not necessarily a good idea in most's opinion. Consequently I absolutely love these clubs. I have a set that ranges 1-PW. The 1 iron travels 220-240 off the tee for me when my driver and swing let me down. When I hit one pure it is like butter. The hardest habit for me learn is a smooth swing. Although I am still a high handicapper I plan on continuing with these classics.

Titleist Tour Model

May 28, 2011

Reviewed by: michael timney ,  Shoots in the 70s

wilson staff fg17 tour blade

Summary:
THESE ARE BY FAR THE BEST FORGED BLADES TO MADE IN MY OPINION.I PURCHASED THEM BACK IN THE 80'S AND LOOKED GREAT THEN AND STILL LOOK BETTER THAN THOSE OUT ON THE MARKET TODAY.
IF YOU WANT TO WORK THE BALL MORE WITH THESE CLUBS ITS NO PROBLEM,HOWEVER BECAUSE OF ITS SMALL SWEET SPOT(APPROX SIZE OF A 20P PIECE)THE ARE VERY UNFORGIVING.BUT WHEN YOU HITTING THE BALL WELL THEIRS NO CLUBS BETTER OUT THEIR TO MATCH THEM.
YES THEY MAY HAVE BEEN DESIGNED 30 YEARS AGO AND HAVE BEEN COPIED BY OTHERS BUT NEVER BETTERED.

May 1, 2011

Reviewed by: ripit35 ,  Shoots in the 80s

Wilson FG-17 tour model

Summary:
These are by far the most unforgiving clubs i ever hit, which is why i purchased them. I want to improve my ball striking. In my experience with forgings, these are right up with the 1032 carbon steel offerings from Mizuno and Snake Eyes. Pure shots require hitting down on the ball, sweeping it will result in a heavy feeling at impact with a loss of distance. As far as workability, i can hit a 15 yard fade with the pitching wedge no problem. These clubs are 30 years old and still look fantastic.

April 5, 2010

Reviewed by: jetdriver ,  Shoots in the 80s

Wilson Staff FG17 2-SW

Summary:
Great set of sticks. Good looking, good hitting, great feel. Long irons are a dream of the tee. The sand wedge is so good from turf that I rate it right up there with my favorite Cleveland 900 gun metal wedge (with PATRIOT golf-pride grips...of course).

-none