Wilson Wilson Staff Ci9 Irons Review

Wilson Wilson Staff Ci9

The completely redesigned Ci9™ is one of Wilson's best performing irons ever. It is the third generation of the award-winning C (control) iron, offering maximum playability for players of varying skill levels. Offering "player's club" looks in a midsize head, the Ci9 is a great choice for better players looking for classic design and workability, as well as for improving players looking for stability and playability.

More Products from Wilson  >>

September 19, 2016

Reviewed by: Jmoe ,  Shoots in the 70s

Wilson Staff Ci9 Irons

Summary:
Bought these irons because I needed a set that conformed to USGA new standards for USGA tournament play...was attempting to qualify for Senior Amateur Championship. I've liked these irons from the start. I can work the ball with them and they feel good...lofts are a bit strong but I adjusted...good to see Wilson making a good iron again !

Hogan Edge Mizuno TZoid Pros

April 14, 2013

Reviewed by: Xing L ,  Shoots in the 90s

Wilson Ci7 irons

Summary:
Bought a used set from eBay after having learned on an older set of Wilson blades. Very pleased with how easy it is to swing these clubs. As long as you swing freely with good form, no need to muscle them. Forgiving on mis-hits, providing good distance and accuracy, but still give feedback even on slight misses. They won't make every shot amazing, but I want to know when and how I miss. Decent ability to work balls-my natural swing is a draw, and I'm able to still move it, but have some trouble playing a fade except on mis-hits. I feel great confidence with these and am able to attack pins more.

Tried the Taylormade RACs and didn't find them as consistently forgiving or as easy to swing.

November 4, 2012

Reviewed by: Bruce ,  Shoots in the 70s

Wilson Staff Ci9

Summary:
I tried thw Wilson Staff Ci9 irons on the weekend after using Purefit MB1020 blades for the past 12 months. I am off 6, but got down to 3 six months ago. Well, I equalled the new course record at my local club and found the irons so easy to hit, I realise they are lofted to improve distance, but they come off sweet, very pleased.

September 22, 2012

Reviewed by: choon ,  Shoots in the 80s

wilson staff ci9

Summary:
When you grab the club, you feel confident. I like narrow top blade type. When you hit, the feel to your hand is indeed attached. I have Honma which is also narrow top blade type with graphite shaft but it seems that the iron shaft gives better accuracy. The head design is also very charming.

Japan Honma LB280

July 27, 2012

Reviewed by: Stuart ,  Shoots in the 70s

Wilson Ci9

Summary:
I'm 65 years old with a 7 handicap index. I played with a set of Mizuno MX 25s and decided to try the Ci9 irons looking for a little more forgiveness. What a great decision. The Ci9s look great, feel solid when hit and are more forgiving on off center hits. They are 1/2" longer for some reason. The lofts stay in 4 degree increments. That means the gap wedge is 48*. I put in a 52* wedge to bridge the gap. A great set of irons. Thanks Wilson.