>>Reviews >> Putters >>

More Products from Callaway  >>

January 25, 2011

Reviewed by: Landon ,  Shoots in the 80s

BJ-11

Summary:
Well I was browsing ebay and came across this putter. It looked pretty nice and for $20 for a milled face name brand putter, I thought I would give it a try. Four days later I get it in the mail and I was impressed with the feel of this putter. I have not had the chance to roll it on the green yet, but I have practiced on carpet. So I figure it will be much better on the green. Any way if you have a chance to get one under $30 it would be well worth the money. It feels very close to some Scotty Cameron and Kia Ma putters that I have.

Scotty Cameron pro platinum newport 2, Tayormade Kia Ma monte carlo, Ping IWI half craze

December 6, 2010

Reviewed by: atigerwanabee ,  Shoots in the 70s

bobby jones putters

Summary:
First off, I'd like to say I'm glad I found this site. Second, I love talking about golf. I've been around golf for 20 years. Working in the field, selling equipment, repairing equipment i.e. lofts & lie adjustments, just to name a few. I've had the great fortune of hitting all of the past and present equipment from Taylor made’s debut and Callaway’s debut into the golf world. I've demoed all of the equipment from the past though the present. I like to talk about 2 putters that I feel are the best from the past and to my amazement are still being used. I'm talking about the Bobby Jones series of putters from the early 1990's. The series include: the BJ 1, BJ 2, and BJ3. What great putters they are. I noticed that a lot of the feedback talk about how wonderful they felt, or how hot they ball came off the face and how accurate they were. I like to add something that the reviewers failed or forgot to mention is this: The BJ Series was one of the few putters that had a Milled Face. What is Milled Face? Well, for one the face of the putters has a textured surface that was "Machined". When struck properly in conjunction with the golf ball keeps it on track truer than a face that has a smooth surface. Milled face putters are great in damp, early morning playing. They also in my opinion have a softer feel when you are putting. I've been trying to find those BJ Series putters for years and now I think I might have found them. LOL I want all 3 of them!

I"ve not purchased anything from this site. But, If and when I do I will let you know. for me..."You have only 1 shot to make a lasting impression"

nothing yet.

January 8, 2009

Reviewed by: benjaminjmoore ,  Shoots in the 80s

BJ-1

Summary:
I have had this putter since 2002 and have tried others including oddyssey white, black, two ball, ping zing, never compromise and more. I still use my old Callaway BJ-1 and will until another proves to be better. There is such a fine balance and weight.

none

oddyssey, ping, never compromise, bettinardi, etc.

December 11, 2006

Reviewed by: houtexgolf ,  Shoots in the 70s

BJ1

Summary:
Simple design with excellent of balance. It's a little "hotter" than my previous putter, but I adapted without much effort.

The balance offered by this putter is my favorite quality. It just feels good.

February 18, 2005

Reviewed by: jimmy johnson ,  Shoots in the 70s

Callaway BJ-3

Summary:
Great putter - have tried alot and keep coming back to this classic. it feels/sounds solid and distance control is second to none.