>>Reviews >> Putters >>

Carbite Cap Two Putters Review

Carbite Cap Two

New patented Brass Balls insert, manufactured from over 23,000 miniature brass balls encapsulated in a polymer substrate. The brass balls and polymer embrace the the dimple contours of the ball for better feel and true roll

Polar Balanced (extreme heel-toe weighting) with tungsten weights in the heel and toe and ultra light aluminum center for maximum forgiveness on off-center hits

Precise center of gravity location ensures forward roll and reduces skid at impact.

CNC milled and black nickel-plated

Versatile stainless steel cap hosel design permits multiple hosel configurations on each body style.

More Products from Carbite  >>

April 17, 2007

Reviewed by: dave2 ,  Shoots in the 90s

Carbite Cap Two SL

Summary:
This is my current inventory of putters:
Scotty Cameron Phantom Mallet 2
Odyssey White Steel #5
Odyssey TriForce
Yes! Marilyn
Cleveland By Design
MacGregor GT M5K

I also have bought and sold at least a dozen other great name putters in the past 5 years. After all that - you know what my favorite putter is?

The Carbite Cap Two SL (slant neck) Brass Balls putter I picked up on ebay several years ago for $29.

I could have saved myself a boatload of cash if I just played with the Carbite and ignored the rest. Quite simply, this putter works better than the rest. Try intentionally mis-hitting way towards the toe or heel and the results are virtually the same as a perfect strike. Now, when you putt for real and maybe miss the sweet spot by a fraction, there is zero difference. Try the same experiment on any other putter, and you will see just how unforgiving all the rest are in comparison to the Carbite.

That said, Carbite makes many models, and I've owned a few others. This Cap Two slant neck model just happens to fit me better than the rest.

Forget about price and status - play with what works. This thing outperforms all the Scottys and everything else I've owned. Oh yeah, the feel off the Brass Balls face is great. The only thing I may change is backweighting it with a steel pin in the shaft under the grip to give it a little more heft and balance. This is a tremendous putter, at least for me.

Too many to list!

June 29, 2003

Reviewed by: markbutz ,  Shoots in the 80s , from Dallas Texas USA

Cap 2 putter

Summary:
I already have a 3 year ols Carbite putter that I like very much. The new Cap 2 was 100 dollars marked down to 29.00 at Sports Authority so I could not pass it up. Although I liked the way the balled rolled, the putter set up a few degrees inside so unless I adjusted every putt was a pull. I let a few guys in my league use it and they stated the same thing. I don`t know if I just got a bad one or what. I went back to my old one. I should have just stayed with my old one to begin with! It is funny when a quality product is marked down that much I feel like I should by it even though I did not need it!

Did not use!

Ping, Carbite!

May 10, 2002

Reviewed by: Golf_fan ,  Shoots in the 90s

34 inch Center Shafted Blade Mallot Putter

Summary:
With any putter, I would have someone custom fit a putter for you.
The pro's do. Why shouldn't we get this done? Anyways for myself,
I use a 34 inch putter with zero offset and 2 degree's upright.
The washington Golf personnel then had me set up in my
static address position to ensure the lie and the putter set up to the
target. Once I addressed the target, they placed a laser the
front face of the putter to ensure that I was lined up at the target.
I was in the hole!!! With offset putters, I always pointed right. I
think that if all individuals had this process done, we wouldn't
be missing as many puts as we currently do.

Excellent.