>>Reviews >> Putters >>

Delacruz Golf PW-3 Putters Review

Delacruz Golf PW-3

The PW-3 is a stainless steel blade-style putter, but goes one step further to help golfers establish a smooth putting tempo. It featured a white circular ball well with the same circumference as a golf ball that connects the blade and the rear bar. The ball helps weight down the putter, to help groove a smooth tempo, and helps prevent the putting stroke from getting whippy and quick.

More Products from Delacruz Golf  >>

March 30, 2009

Reviewed by: Ace k ,  Shoots in the 80s

PW-3

Summary:
I bought one of these on ebay a year or two ago. I always liked it. I get a better roll and results with it than with other putter I've tried, so I kept using it. I think I may have found something with this putter. While looking at an ad for the Heavy Putter with a mid balance point, I wondered how this putter would work if it were setup that way, (the PW-3 putter has a relative heavy head). So, I made up a weight with copper plumbers' tubing filled with melted led shot. I set the weight to reach my desired balance point, and wraped it in tape to seal it, and mounted in the but end of the shaft. HOLY SMOKE, what a difference! the extra weight was just what it needed, it refined the feel, smoothed out my stroke, improved the roll, and improved my accuracy by quite a bit. I don't know if this will work for everybody, you would need to like a heavier feeling putter; but for me it made an already good putter a GREAT putter.

March 30, 2009

Reviewed by: a. k. ,  Shoots in the 90s

PW-3

Summary:
I bought one of these on ebay a year or two ago. I always liked it and knew I got a better roll and results with it than other putter I've tried, so I kept it. I think I may have found something with this putter. While looking at an ad for the Heavy Putter with a mid balance point, I wondered how this putter would work if it were setup this way, (the PW-3 putter has a relative heavy head). So, I made up a weight with copper plumbers' tubing filled with melted led shot, set to my desired balance point, I wraped it in tape to seal it, and mounted in the but end of the shaft. HOLY SMOKE the extra weight was just what it needed, it refined the feel, smoothed out the stroke, improved the roll, and improved my accuracy by quite a bit. Now, I don't know if this will work for everybody, but for me it made an already good putter a GREAT putter.

July 3, 2005

Reviewed by: Fredog12 ,  Shoots in the 80s

PW-3

Summary:
After using many putters with this insert and that insert, I decided I wanted something real basic. I had my eyes on a Cameron Newport Stainless but they are pricey-even used. So when I came across the DeLaCruz stainless putters, I thought maybe they would have the same feel. Luckily, the company is very near my home, so I was able to go by and try one out. At $100 new, they don't break the bank. The feel is very close to the Cameron (in my opinion) and I like the heavier feeling head (365gm). There is a ball well behind the face that helps on the practice green. The sight lines and alignment dots are excellent and overall the putter has a good clean look at address. Comes with a sharp looking blue grip w/ company name.

The second time out with it, I shot a personal best (74) and made quite a few putts with it. My playing partner even commented how good my speed was on all my putts. I certainly think it has helped with speed and I also feel very confident with it 5 feet and in, something I didn't feel with my other putters.

Give these a look and try one out. I got mine on eBay, and I think other than that you have to buy from their website, www.delacruzgolf.com. Well worth the price!

Guys at the factory were kind enough to let me come by and try one. Haven't needed them for a problem, but I think they would be fine if something comes up.