>>Reviews >> Putters >>

Nike OZ Putters Review

Nike OZ

Dual-density weighting distributes 66 percent of the clubhead weight to the rear stainless steel ring for reduced skidding. Lightweight aluminum front portion contains Blue Chip Aluminum insert, which is 65 percent softer and 73 percent lighter than steel, enhancing feel and control at impact. Added weight distribution in heel and toe for balance. Face balanced. Double Bend Stepless Steel shaft, 34 or 35 inches. Paddle Style grip

More Products from Nike  >>

May 24, 2010

Reviewed by: Gotti40 ,  Scratch Golfer

Nike OZ

Summary:
I am definitely the best putter in this area and putt like a tour pro. I average 29.02 putts per round which is .15 better than the tour average. I think the last time I 3-putted twice in a round Carter was in office. My friends always say I play like I am in Afganistan, because all I do is drop bombs. Women want me and men want to be me. I look at a green and it turns into a grid of rolling undulations and my mathematical mind goes to work. It is almost like a superhero with special powers. I did not like the feel of this putter. It was a bit cold for an expert player, maybe a novice would enjoy. I did make 3 putts between 15-20 feet but no real bombs. I can’t blame the putter all for that because I was just hitting my approaches too tight. A real problem I know…haha. All in all I give this putter a four, which just so happens to be what I shot under that day.

Swoosh.

I am not sure but I am a ladies man.

December 27, 2005

Reviewed by: trxjw ,  Shoots in the 70s

Nike OZ midlength

Summary:
Had this putter for almost a year and its fantastic. The weighting feels very even and the ball rolls true every time. The head design also allows for easy lineups.

The only downfall so far is its play in cold weather. I've had problems with the insert being extremely cold to the touch and causing quite a bit of ball skid on impact.

n/a so far

Odyessy 2 ball

June 13, 2005

Reviewed by: urodiculis ,  Shoots in the 100s

Nike Oz Blue Chip MId-Length Putter

Summary:
I went putter shopping not to long ago. I was looking for a putter with high MOI I feel those putters give me a more fluid stroke. I had tried my friends Ping Craz-e Putter and i liked it alot but i didnt want to get the same one as him. So a came across the nike blue chip mid lenth putter on ebay for a great deal and i got it. I figured i would eventually get it cut down to a stardard 35 inches but i just played with it just to see if i liked it. this putter takes alot of getting used to. I wasn't putting so good with it at first and i was thinking of trading it in for a nike oz T100. But as i kept playing with it and the feel for the putter set in. I was draining puts from every where. This is a great lag putter. From 3 to 5 feet i cant miss. And if you hit the ball good of the bluechip face you can feel the difference. Now there are hardly ever 3 putts on my scorecard. I think the midlenth also gave me a slight advantage i feel it gives me more stability and control through my stroke. The weird design makes lining up putts easy. If you don't mind having a putter that takes some getting used to, This is for you

Nike replys emails relatively fast

Ping Craz-e

October 18, 2003

Reviewed by: Bridger Acker ,  Shoots in the 70s

Nike Oz

Summary:
Good putter could have a little more feel, but for off center shots, it turns out good.

Odyssey #5, Odyssey two ball, and Titleist scotty cameron studio

September 21, 2003

Reviewed by: Mike McDonald ,  Shoots in the 80s

Nike OZ

Summary:
I have been playing for two years and have only used one other putter, a Ping Anser 4. Although it wasn't a bad putter, it just didn't 'tickle my fancy' I bought the Nike OZ, sceptical of all Nike Golf equipment, because it felt great on the synthetic putting green. I tested the Futura, Two-Ball, Rozzi, you name it, this felt the best. I have only played one round with it and literally dropped four strokes off my score. I would not trade it for any other putter out there. The feel and look is second to no other. If you are in the market for a new, mallet style putter, this is the one for you!