>>Reviews >> Putters >>

Odyssey White Hot XG #7 Putters Review

Odyssey White Hot XG #7

Well known now as "the fang putter" this putter is simply wonderful! I always struggled with my distance control on puts from 15ft out and got the "yeps" on 3fters that have often left my round in taters.

I had the same old blade putter for 10 years (didn't play very much) but on taking up the game good and proper i decided to upgrade! i used odyssey's online fitting service and this was 1 of the 3 suggested... all i can say is it's wonderfully easy to use, giving exceptional feel. I now expect to be in or very close from 20+ft! oh and the "fangs" are perfect for picking the gimmes up.

one very very happy customer

I'd really recommend the online fitting service

More Products from Odyssey  >>

Web Address
Information Added By

Callaway Golf

October 13, 2009

Reviewed by: Dafaddu ,  Shoots in the 80s

Odyssey White Hot XG #7

Summary:
I have had this putter for 3 rounds and a session on the putting green. My initial feelings were mixed:
Round 1: Kept under-hitting the putts and sometimes didn't even reach half way. Everything from 4 feet or less posed little problems due to the great balance of the club.

Round 2: Much of the same... found distance judging difficult but this time kept passing the hole by a good 5 feet or more. Straight after round 2, I went to the putting green and putted until it got dark.

Round 3: This was a 4-ball competition (stableford). To my amazement, I putted like a demon!! Distance judging was not a problem and as the other reviewer noted, everything straight from 5-6 feet felt like a gimme.

Now let's not get carried away this was just one good round and my general play that day was good. However, I have a feeling this putter will stay in the bag for a long time. The softer face does take time to get used to - prior to using this putter I used a Ping IWI Anser and A Ping B60 (both had steel faces) so I attribute my difficulty in judjing distance down that. What the soft insert does do is promote a good roll... the skidding effect you sometimes get is very minimal.

All in all, I highly recommend this putter but acknowledge the looks won't be to everyones taste, but then who cares if it helps sink putts??!!

Not used

Ram Zebra, Scotty Cameron (Futura Phantom), Ping Cushin, Ping IWI Anser, Ping B60

April 28, 2009

Reviewed by: imthedudeman ,  Shoots in the 80s

White Hot XG #7

Summary:
I picked up golf again about 3 years ago after not playing since I was a kid. My boss gave me his old clubs, which included an old Titleist blade putter that gave me no indication as to where I was lined up, or where on the putter I should hit the ball. The rest of my game was coming along pretty well, but I was consistently 3 and 4 putting after getting on the green in regulation. I started by getting some tips at my local golf shop and then practicing, which helped eliminate the 4 putts, but I knew a new putter would probably help as well.

After trying out several putters in a few different stores, the XG #7 just seemed to feel right so I ordered a "Very good" condition one on the Pre-Owned Callaway site for $83, including shipping. I've played about 10 times since I got it, and I can't describe the difference it has made. I think the design is as easy to line up as a double ball putter, and it is an excellently balanced club. During my first round I narrowly missed making a 45 foot putt, and a 30 foot putt, and everything straight within about 5-6 feet felt like a gimme. The ball comes off the club head straight and hot, and I've quickly mastered the feel of different length shots. My lag putting is better than ever, and I now have a ton confidence that the 3 putts will be few and far between.

Pre-owned Callaway was quick and it came with a great head cover for free.