>>Reviews >> Putters >>

Odyssey White Steel #1 Putters Review

Odyssey White Steel #1

• Heel-toe weighted blade with a full-shaft offset
  • Highlighted alignment strip squares face
  • Urethane Insert
  • Greater Moment of Inertia

More Products from Odyssey  >>

February 13, 2009

Reviewed by: Mike Hunt is a #unt ,  Scratch Golfer

white steel #1

Summary:
Mike Hunt is an IDIOT! Take your Bullsh*t somewhere else!

November 8, 2007

Reviewed by: konakid67 ,  Shoots in the 70s

Odyssey white steel #1

Summary:
I was in my proshop this morning ( they were just converted to an Edwin Watts) and I picked up one of these and started putting with it. I was hitting a desk leg (or to the right or left of it) from 20 ft out about every time. So the pro taped the sole and said take it out to the green and try it. It is one of the most solid putters I have stroked, has a nice feeling grip and has great weight to it. It is a very solid feeling head 303 SS which has a urethane insert and a milled stainless steel insert as well. Distance control was great and the roll was pure, made some great puts on the practice green. I have putted with a number of high end putters and for $128.00 this will be my new gamer

NA

All Ping blades, Sizemore, Camerons

February 22, 2007

Reviewed by: Mcalllstarrr13 ,  Shoots in the 70s

Odyssey White Steel #1

Summary:
Bought this putter in very good condition off Ebay for $49.99. Only thing wrong with it was a few unoticable cosmetic imperfections on the face. I putted with it in the house and on the practice green at the range, and I was very impressed! I have a very silky smooth putting stroke, and with my stroke, I can take my normal pendulum swing and the ball feels very soft off the club face. i played with it in my first junior tournament of the year (14 year old division) and although I didn't play well, my putting was magnificent. I made numerous 5 footers to save par, and on long birdie attempts, I nestled them up very close. My highlight putt was, I was standing over an 8 foot putt on the 9th hole on the first day of the tournamernt and I was around 3 over. It was an all downhill right to left slider, and I took the putter back about 2 inches and decelerated a bit through impact, to make sure I didn't blow it by the hole. The line was perfect and it went straight in, for a birdie. I love this putter. Everything from its feel on impact to its overal appearance. For a putter needing a putter that will provide them with posistive and negative feedback, and also an overall astounding putter, the Odyssey White Steel #1 is for you.

None Needed, got putter in 4 days.

Ping Anser

August 16, 2006

Reviewed by: mike hunt ,  Shoots in the 80s

odyssey white steel #1

Summary:
Can i note that 'there' = 'over there' or 'there are', whilst 'they're' = 'they are'. It would be nice and also proper if people could be grammatically correct, rather than contributing to the deevolution of the human species. Thank you.

n/A

April 11, 2006

Reviewed by: Mizunogolfer ,  Shoots in the 80s

White Steel #1

Summary:
After putting horribly with a Taylormade Daytona CGB for the first part of the season last year, I finally took a leap of faith and switched to the White Steel #1 in a 36" model.

Immediately after purchasing it, I noticed that more putts were rolling in or very close to it, on the practice range. After I finally got it on the greens for a live round, I can honestly say that the White Steel #1 is one of the nicest putters for the price on the market today.

With the TaylorMade putter, I was just missing badly with decent speed control. With the #1, not only was my distance control excellent, my speed became better with each and every round played!

What really impresses me about the #1 is that it gives you solid feedback, both on mis-hits and purely struck putts, that most putters don't give you. It is soft but not marshmellowly soft where you struggle to get the ball to the hole on longer putts.

The #1 also has a pleasant sound at impact with good balance as well. Every bit as good as a $200-$300 Cameron that I've owned recently.

My only minor complaints about the #1 would be with the stock grip that comes with it and the butt ugly headcover that comes with it as well. While the grip looks good and feels great, the grip seems to show wear and dirt more readily than most other grips that I have seen or used on other putters.
The headcover is just plain ugly and not worthy of such a fine putter IMHO.

In closing, this is a great putter that can be had for well under $100 if you shop hard enough. I'm also surprised that this putter isn't burning up the reviews on this site, as it is as good as a blade can get, without spending a small fortune.

Ping G2i