>>Reviews >> Putters >>

Ping Classic Series -Bronze, Stainless, BeCu Putters Review

Ping Classic Series -Bronze, Stainless, BeCu

The "Classic Series" Ping Putters include all non-insert, traditional designs made from Manganese Bronze, Stainless steel or Copper. These are the timeless classics such as the "Anser," "Pal," "Zing" "Blade" and "B60" series ...and unique designs such as the double bend shaft "Kushin" and the rare center shafted "69." When entering a review for your treasured Ping Classic: PLEASE FOLLOW THE THESE GUIDELINES: Use the following designations to describe your specific putter: "MB" -Manganese Bronze (dark brown in color like the Anser or Pal. "SS" -Stainless Steel (like the Anser 2, 4, Zing 2 and B60) "BeCu" -Copper (was featured in the Anser 2, 4, Pal 2, 4, B60 and Zing2) Ex: Model Reviewed: "MB" Anser or "SS" Zing 2

More Products from Ping  >>

August 7, 2014

Reviewed by: Rob ,  Shoots in the 80s

Ping Zing 2

Summary:
I have long been a big fan of Classic Ping Putters, I began playing golf in the early 1990's and at that time if you wanted the best putter money could buy, you got yourself a Ping! These were simpler days, pre Scotty Cameron and so on! I remember seeing the pros on TV and they were mostly using Ping Putters, the exact putter you could buy of your local pro for around $100 which was pretty much top dollar then, the BeCU models were fractionally more expensive but sill under $200 unlike today's putters where $500 seems the norm? But these $500 putters of today are mostly all based on the Classic Pings of the 70's, 80's and 90's. My all time favourite is the Zing 2, this putter is just pure to look at and it has been the preferred flat stick of many a tour pro over the years with more than it's fair share of tour victories and majors to its credit! The Ping Zing 2 in SS, the greatest putter ever made! One of many brilliant Ping Putters from a stable of fine putters!!! Well done Ping!!!!

August 13, 2008

Reviewed by: Denise B ,  Shoots in the 90s

MB Ping Pal Putter

Summary:
I have had two ping putters over the last two decades, but I love my square-looking Ping Pal putter. I actually picked it up used when I lost a previous putter out during a round. I liked it so muck I offered to buy it and they let me. Best $50 I spent on a club.

I think anyone can appreciate this club. It is mid-weight, easy to line up--no gimmicks.

Ping blade putter and some cheap-os.

June 9, 2008

Reviewed by: Joaquin Sierra Andres ,  Shoots in the 80s

"MB" Zing

Summary:
Moving to a new house, I found my very first putter, a Manganese Bronze Ping Zing.
Hit a few putters and instantly felt the incredible feel it has.
I was reluctant to play championships, because I´m not practicing now, but I took this old friend last weekend and went to the couse.
Made par, and lots of putts, with 4 birdies and several lips out... was funny watch my fellows watching me falling greens but sinking and sinking long putts to save pars, with this old putter :-D
So, I´m sending my modern putter to the junk room and I´ll stick with the MB Zing.
Thanks, Karsten Solheim

Excellent, altering the lie of my i10 irons for free

Scotty Camerons, Oddyseys, etc

January 29, 2008

Reviewed by: Tim Cahill ,  Shoots in the 80s

ping bronze classic series

Summary:
This putter to me has the nicest roll to it i'm 12 and I use it and it saves me 5 to 6 shots per round

December 21, 2007

Reviewed by: Rootman ,  Shoots in the 90s

Ping Classic

Summary:
I've had this putter since I was 16 years old and am now 51. I have the original of this one. I buy other putter, but when I get to Myrtle Beach, California, or the Carribean, invariably I end up playing the most rounds with this baby.

About 50 different designs. A lot from Ping.