>>Reviews >> Putters >>

Ping Classic Series -Bronze, Stainless, BeCu Putters Review

Ping Classic Series -Bronze, Stainless, BeCu

The "Classic Series" Ping Putters include all non-insert, traditional designs made from Manganese Bronze, Stainless steel or Copper. These are the timeless classics such as the "Anser," "Pal," "Zing" "Blade" and "B60" series ...and unique designs such as the double bend shaft "Kushin" and the rare center shafted "69." When entering a review for your treasured Ping Classic: PLEASE FOLLOW THE THESE GUIDELINES: Use the following designations to describe your specific putter: "MB" -Manganese Bronze (dark brown in color like the Anser or Pal. "SS" -Stainless Steel (like the Anser 2, 4, Zing 2 and B60) "BeCu" -Copper (was featured in the Anser 2, 4, Pal 2, 4, B60 and Zing2) Ex: Model Reviewed: "MB" Anser or "SS" Zing 2

More Products from Ping  >>

August 13, 2008

Reviewed by: Denise B ,  Shoots in the 90s

MB Ping Pal Putter

Summary:
I have had two ping putters over the last two decades, but I love my square-looking Ping Pal putter. I actually picked it up used when I lost a previous putter out during a round. I liked it so muck I offered to buy it and they let me. Best $50 I spent on a club.

I think anyone can appreciate this club. It is mid-weight, easy to line up--no gimmicks.

Ping blade putter and some cheap-os.

June 9, 2008

Reviewed by: Joaquin Sierra Andres ,  Shoots in the 80s

"MB" Zing

Summary:
Moving to a new house, I found my very first putter, a Manganese Bronze Ping Zing.
Hit a few putters and instantly felt the incredible feel it has.
I was reluctant to play championships, because I´m not practicing now, but I took this old friend last weekend and went to the couse.
Made par, and lots of putts, with 4 birdies and several lips out... was funny watch my fellows watching me falling greens but sinking and sinking long putts to save pars, with this old putter :-D
So, I´m sending my modern putter to the junk room and I´ll stick with the MB Zing.
Thanks, Karsten Solheim

Excellent, altering the lie of my i10 irons for free

Scotty Camerons, Oddyseys, etc

January 29, 2008

Reviewed by: Tim Cahill ,  Shoots in the 80s

ping bronze classic series

Summary:
This putter to me has the nicest roll to it i'm 12 and I use it and it saves me 5 to 6 shots per round

December 21, 2007

Reviewed by: Rootman ,  Shoots in the 90s

Ping Classic

Summary:
I've had this putter since I was 16 years old and am now 51. I have the original of this one. I buy other putter, but when I get to Myrtle Beach, California, or the Carribean, invariably I end up playing the most rounds with this baby.

About 50 different designs. A lot from Ping.

January 16, 2006

Reviewed by: mel711 ,  Shoots in the 80s

Zing 2 Becu & Steel Anser 2

Summary:
Probably the most under-appreciated putters around. I have used most every putter made at one time or another - Every Cameron model, C-Groove, 2-Ball, just to experiment and try.

I simply am just as accurate with my older Ping's. If there is an over-riding complaint, and this pertains mainly to the stainless variety, they are head light. I use Balance Certified weights in the butt end of the shaft to offset this.

No PGA player is going to sign an endorsement to play a 20 year old Ping, yet most tour players grew up using one. I don't know if they putt that much better today then they did when using and Anser when they were 15. With the softer cover balls today, feel and speed control is great.

My in-the-bag putter is a copper Zing 2 and I have been putting great with it. The head is a little heavier and I use a #5 BC weight in the shaft. I go heavier on the steel ones.

If you haven't tried them, grab one for $40 off Ebay in the setup you are used to using.....there are a ton of varieties, and see if you experience what I am talking about.

Putters, and maybe wedges, are the 2 areas where there really hasn't been that much improvement made.....its more the puttee. I would take Jack having to sink a clutch putt in the 1960's than most anyone today.....and look what he was using !

Every make and model of putter that exists. I have owned 100 plus,