>>Reviews >> Putters >>

More Products from Ping  >>

June 12, 2012

Reviewed by: Marc ,  Shoots in the 90s

Ping Zing

Summary:
I played Ping Zing for years. I really never liked it. I never saw anything the seperated this putter from the others. It certanily wasn't better than the others.

June 14, 2007

Reviewed by: Phhht-Click ,  Shoots in the 90s

Ping G2 Zing Putter

Summary:
I was loaned this putter from a friend. I was happy with my Taylor Made mallet, and frankly left this in the bag at home for a couple of weeks. Eventually, I took it to the practice green to give it a try. It is simplicity at it's best. No busy lines or gadgetry. Just a straight forward putter with one reference line. The face is exactly straight and the lines at address are confidence inspiring. The bottom line is that after using it for about 15 rounds, I have seen my confidence go up, my scores go down 3-5 less putts per round. I am draining almost all 3 footers, many 6 footers and an increased number of 10 footers. I am a fairly good lag putter, so if I can get it within 4 feet of the hole--it's pretty much a gimme. I don't know what more you can ask from a putter for a 2-3X week recreational golfer. I practice a lot so that might have something to do with lower scores. If you're looking for an uncluttered look from a putter that (assuming a good stroke) rolls the ball where it's aimed, then give this one a try. I give it a B+ all around. Not the prettiest (no Bettinardi or Scotty Cameron) but Ping solid and true.

Not used

Bettinardi, Scotty Cameron, Taylor Made, Odyssey

August 21, 2006

Reviewed by: steevo ,  Shoots in the 80s

Ping G2 Zing

Summary:
I am very impressed with this putter! It is an excellent putter with great feel and the line on the back of it makes it easy for me to line up my putts. It is a great bargain at $130 and the grip is amazing. No more 3 putts with this new putter and i am very pleased with its durability.

I havent had to deal with anyone from the Ping company but i am sure they are very nice and have good service.

Taylor Made Rossa