>>Reviews >> Putters >>

TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spider Putters Review

TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spider

The TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spider putter is fully ready to turn your bad strokes into good putts. The steel wire frame positions more weight on the perimeter while the light and strong aluminum core is a lower density material that allows for mass redistribuition, both leading to a boost in MOI for consistent distance on off-center hits. The putter comes equipped with Moveable Weight Technology, permitting the user to change the head weight to give a customizable feel. Finally, a AGSI+ Titallium face insert promotes forwardspin for smoother roll off the putterface leading to increased directional and distance control.

More Products from TaylorMade  >>

October 25, 2013

Reviewed by: Paul ,  Shoots in the 80s

Rossa Monza Spider

Summary:
My story is a little odd. For 25 years I was a good putter and then I got the yips. Wouldn't wish them on anybody. Tried everything. Right and left handed. Broomsticks. Left hand low (I play left-handed). Putted with a broomstick for the last 8 years but for two seasons with the Rossa belly putter. It was bought the second year they were available. The following year the size of the head was reduced a bit.

When I saw the Super Stroke Fatso 5.0 grip I thought it might help me get back to using a standard length putter. Helps to keep the hands quiet. I loved the head on the Rossa (I put in the 14 grain weights so its maxed out) so I had it cut down to standard. Immediately I was putting better than I had in years. The long line on the top is an excellent aiming aid and the heavy weight really helps me make a smooth stroke. My lag putting has come back. Short puts are like cheating with a broomstick but lagging is tougher. The Rossa is an outstanding putter. It may have looked like a branding iron when it was introduced but any more! Its combination with the Fatso grip is awesome!

July 14, 2011

Reviewed by: Joe ,  Shoots in the 90s

Taylormade Monza Spider Vicino

Summary:
I was looking for a putter at a sporting goods store and saw they had two taylormade rossa putters on clearance. There was the Daytona and the Monza Spider Vicino. I tried them both an instantly loved the easy alignment of the Spider. Before getting this putter my putting was absolutely terrible with a 2.9 putt average. After about 5 rounds with this putter I have brought it down to 2.1 which is still not good but I would say I have almost all two putts with the occasional one or three putt. However, the confidence this putter gives me is awesome, and all I can ask for. All of my three putts are because of poor reads of the green on my part. I would say this putter is incredible within 10 ft and still really good out further (its just I have trouble reading greens). The alignment is the best thing about this putter, you pick the line and the ball will follow. The feel is also great on this putter and I love the stock Winn grip. Its not too mushy and not too firm. Overall I would suggest that everyone at least try out this putter when they are looking for a new putter.

Not needed

Odyssey #9

February 27, 2011

Reviewed by: Putter Reviews and More ,  Shoots in the 70s

Taylormade Rossa Monza Vicino

Summary:
The Taylormade Rossa Monza Spyder has been my favorite putter since it came out. Now, it can be bought for $100 or less. Before, it was at $200 and I believe that it should have been worth a lot more. Now, it should cost $200.

I have always been fond of the big mallet putters and this is definitely one of them. I like this putter especially because of its complete strength. You see, this putter fits all of my needs. It is long in the back with a long line to aim with. This helps me aim a lot better. The feel of it can't be better. This helps me swing smoother. Last but not least, the design of this putter helps me mentally. I am one of the many that plays well when they see that they have a beautiful club.

My overall rating for this putter is a 5 out of 5 because it fits all my needs.

My value rating is also 5 out of 5 because it should be worth a lot more and looks beautiful.

Want more putter reviews? Go to http://www.putterreviews.org to find reviews of the best putters, wedges, irons, and other golf related equipment.

The most similar product to this is the Taylormade Rossa Corza Ghost putter. You can find a review of that at http://www.putterreviews.org/taylormades-ghost-series/#comment-1252.

November 23, 2010

Reviewed by: jjloans ,  Shoots in the 70s

Spider Vicino

Summary:
Really good putter. I was fortunate to be able to switch out the 10g weights from the back of my r7 425TP with the 4g weights in the putter, the heavier weights made a HUGE difference in stability and feel of this putter, and the lighter weights improved the 425 TP as it has the heavy stock 75G Rombax... worked great there too.

This Spider is very stable now, rock solid on the short putts that used to drive me to the bong and bottle... I also like the stock grip, tired of the gooey Winns that everybody seems to use...

Got a great deal on Ebay due to a small ding... I can live with it at $49!

This is the 159th putter, I hope this is the one.

NA

Everrrrrrrrrrrything!

August 16, 2010

Reviewed by: messner ,  Shoots in the 90s

Rossa Monza Spider

Summary:
Not being a highly skilled putter, I've always tended to to have better success with larger putters. My previous favorites were a Railgun putter I had about 13-years ago, and a Futura that I bought a few years later.

The Rossa Spider gives me the same kind of confidence and feel that my other favorites did; it's very stable. Not light, but not really heavy either.

Performance wise, it's still primarily the Indian, not the arrow. That said, I feel confident when I stand over this putter at address, and have the feeling that I CAN make the putt I'm about to stroke. That feeling is all that I can ask for from a putter. The rest is up to me.

Appearance wise, the Spider certainly looks more obnoxious than traditional, but as long as I feel confidence with it, I don't really care.

One final thing: I don't care for standard putter grips, but also don't like the excess weight of most jumbo grips. I recently installed the new Winn V17 Polycord jumbo, and it worked perfectly with this putter. It's Winn's firmest offering, and combines the jumbo sizing, with the weight of a standard putter grip. If you like jumbo grips, I'd definitely recommend you check out the feel of one of these grips.

Railgun; Futura