>>Reviews >> Putters >>

More Products from Titleist  >>

July 21, 2012

Reviewed by: Joe Henderson ,  Shoots in the 80s

Acushnet Bulls eye

Summary:
The bulls eye was the first club I ever purchased back in 1973. Frustrated by my putting (Odyssey Two Ball White Hot)I pulled this out of the closet and went to the range. Made 4 footer after 4 footer. 20-30 footers too. What an amazing putter that's now back in my bag.

June 30, 2010

Reviewed by: herbsewell ,  Shoots in the 70s

Acushnet Bulls Eye Old Standard

Summary:
I have tried to get the same feeling with every other putter out there and none of them come close to the feel that I get with this putter. I wonder if the reason why I can't putt with a ping, scotty cameron, odyssey or even the wilson 8802, is because my hands know what a bulls eye putter feels like. This is a classic putter. It was really popular when the balata tour ball was being used much more often back during the 70's, 80's, and early 90's. This design has been around for much longer, but it cannot be duplicated. John Reuter Jr. really created something special. Nowadays the balls are so much harder that you don't get the same feel that you used to get with a balata ball. But with this putter, you can come a little closer to that special solid feeling from a sweet spot putt. I just picked this putter up again a few days ago and I am amazed by the feel. I swore to myself that I would be a long putter player from now on because of my yip problems on short puts. I can't make a 3 footer to save my life. I used to be much more consistent with this one than any other one available. Anyway, this is a great find, I have the Flare Tip Satin shaft on it, which probably is like graphite. Great combination, brass and graphite. Thanks Acushnet!! Shines up with a Brasso treatment too, but beware the bright glare. Also have lead tape on the bottom. I also am learning to putt left handed with this putter too, no other putter can allow you to do that. 35".

Is your Acushnet running.

macgregor bobby grace, never compromise voodoo daddy long, wilson 8802, ping anser, odyssey 2 ball, scotty cameron (overrated), every stinking putter.

June 1, 2009

Reviewed by: george horsham ,  Scratch Golfer

titleist bullseye putter

Summary:
im 15 years old and have NEVER been able to putt intill i picked up my dads bullseye and from then on my puttin average has gone from 34 to 28 and my handicap has gone from 7 to sratch.
hitting this putter out of the sweatspot is better then nailing a 330 drive straight down the middle .. it really is the greatest sensastion in golf.
now ive tryed this putter i cant use anything else.
greatest putter ever inventied!!!!

March 31, 2009

Reviewed by: achimt ,  Shoots in the 70s

Titleist Bull's Eye

Summary:
This putter has good reviews all over and there is not to many things I can add to it.
However, I play this putter for close to 20 years and although I tried other putters to find out if I can improve, I have never had a putter in my hand with the same feeling. All this new technology and so on is great and I am sure it works. However, this putter has a greawt feel when you hit the sweet spot. As a matter of fact I think, if more people would try to practice with a putter like this, they would improve over time.
I change grips some times and tried all kinds of grips. So that is where you can make it fit to you.
A great putter for every one. You need it longer, get it customfit.

I got it from a garage sale. So I do not know. The people who sold it were nice. The guy told me to take good care of it and so I did and will.

March 30, 2009

Reviewed by: Mudbone72076 ,  Shoots in the 100s

Summary:
I've had this putter since 1976. I was once told if I could learn to putt with this blade I would be better off than most average casual players. It is dead on accurate from any distance if you know the club. It is also very unforgiving if you don't know the club. Practice has given me confidence in the simplistic design and basic stoke habits needed with this club. Try it you'll like it.