>>Reviews >> Putters >>

In The Hole Golf

December 2, 2010

Reviewed by: willadams33 ,  Shoots in the 80s

Yes! Marilyn

Summary:
I have never written a review before but I feel that this putter requires one. I had been struggling with my putting for about two years after snapping the shaft of my previous putter (through stress caused by leaning on it too much, not through anger). I eventually tried The Yes! Marilyn having heard good things about Yes! putters.

In short it is a great face-balanced mallet. It's small head does not look silly at address as I have found with other mallets, and the three alignment lines are superb. Most of all the roll is just special with this putter, the ball goes exactly where you send it, logo over logo.

The milled face gives a firm feel at impact. You know immediatly through sound feedback whether you have hit the middle of the putter which is useful for improving your strike.

At £99, it's an abosulte steel. I was torn between this and the much more expensive Ping Redwood Anser, but I am so glad I chose the Yes! The face-balanced just allows a little more forgivness.

July 10, 2009

Reviewed by: alanhallpm ,  Shoots in the 90s

Yes! Marilyn

Summary:
I play fewer than 10 rounds per year these days. I can break 90 every now and again, but I'm usually somewhere in the mid-90s. I had been playing with the same old Ray Cook putter for 15 years and I certainly wasn't getting any better or more consistent. During a round earlier in the year, I just lost all confidence in my ability to make any length putt. It was time for a change. I tried 20 different putters at a golf shop, found the Yes! Marilyn and a couple of Odyssey mallets that felt pretty good. I went with the Marilyn and am SO glad I did. The guide marks on top of the putter make it very easy to line up putts and the ball just rolls true. I went from 38 putts on my previous round to 32 with the Marilyn and the ones that didn't go in the hole got a lot closer than the misses with my old hammer. I'm looking forward to playing with this putter for the next 15 years.

October 15, 2008

Reviewed by: Doug ,  Shoots in the 70s

Yes - Marilyn

Summary:
I have never written a review before, but I had to about this putter. Quite simply it is the best putter I have every used. The ball rolls true and this year I have made more long putts and been a more consistent putter than ever before. If Yes! is ever looking for another salesperson - just give me a call.

Odyssey

June 26, 2008

Reviewed by: zrockstar ,  Shoots in the 90s

Yes! Marilyn

Summary:
The hype is real on this putter. I originally got intrigued after reading some of the reviews on here of the Yes! putters, so I had to go try one for myself. After trying this putter, I knew it was for me. I had tried a bunch of other brands, and even some other Yes! putters, but nothing felt as good as this one. The ball really comes off the face and goes wherever you aim it. I was sinking putts yesterday that I have never even got close to before, and everyone was commenting on my putts. I read some reviews about people not liking the grip, but I thought it felt great, nice and tacky, and the magnetic head cover is nice too. Another nice thing about it is the alignment lines, which make it easy to line up and aim, and it doesn't take up half of your bag like some of the other mallet style putters out there. The only bad thing about it is its availability. I had to call about 30 shops in San Diego County before findind it in a men's 33 inch.

April 17, 2008

Reviewed by: tgsevers81 ,  Shoots in the 80s

Yes! Marilyn

Summary:
This is truly the best putter I have ever used. The most immediate and noticeable aspect of this putter is how quicky it gets the ball rolling. There is virtually no skipping when the ball is struck, it simply goes into an immediate roll. I have tried my new Marilyn against my Two Ball White Hot using a line marked ball and the Marilyn keeps the line rolling straight every time versus the White Hot. If you read the green correctly and aim your putt correctly you will never miss with this putter because the ball “skips” offline…simply will not happen! The ball just keeps rolling with the Yes! putter, it’s almost magical. It is so much fun to have this much confidence in my putting. I highly recommend (for any handicap) at least trying this brand of putter at your local pro shop or golf store (Golf Galaxy carries the Yes! brand) and see how the c-grooves roll the ball so quickly compared to any other brand! Be careful though because you will probably leave with a Yes! putter! The Marilyn design is my favorite, easy to aim, looks great, instills confidence and feels great in my hands.

I gave 5 star value rating because I got it on ebay for 50% retail cost, but would have given 5 stars even at full retail.

I gave 5 star overall rating for the reason stated above.

Two Ball White Hot, Ping, Scotty Cameron, TM, Mizuno