>>Reviews >> Wedges >>

Ben Hogan 5208 Fairway Wedges Review

Ben Hogan 5208 Fairway

The 5208 is a shotmaker's tool. With slightly more loft than most Fairway wedges, the 5208 lands the ball softly on the green with more spin and less roll. Great for stopping the ball near tight pin placements and for punch shots from the fairway or rough. This versatile wedge provides the distance control, accuracy and playability to add a new dimension to any golfer's game.

More Products from Ben Hogan  >>

November 29, 2003

Reviewed by: i009781 ,  Shoots in the 80s , from Houston

Ben Hogan wedge

Summary:
Great wedge. They're as accurate as they come. I traded in my cobra wedges, and my Taylor Made RAC wedges for the Ben Hogan wedge.

It's heavier than most wedges, so it helps your hands through the swing. The extra weight helps stop the de-celeration shanks of lighter wedges.

The distance and feel of these wedges are great.

The only downside is that the wedges chew up balls. You'll have to throw the ball away after each round. The Ben Hogan wedge grooves are very sharp, and put a fair amount of backspin on the ball.

Great wedges if you can pick them up used or on Ebay. I typically shoot in the 90s, and shot an 83 today thanks to the new wedges.

Callaway, Cobra, Macgregor v-foil.

May 3, 2001

Reviewed by: Dan ,  Shoot in the 90s , from Albany, NY USA

5208 and 5610

Summary:
I recently purchased these two wedges and love them. They are accurate, right on in distance and seem forgiving. I have hit these wedges better than any others. I would highly recommend giving them a try.

No experience other than replys to email questions were returned in the same day!

Clevelands, Vokeys Callaway X-12 and Hawkeyes, Ping Eye2

January 31, 2001

Reviewed by: Tom Murphy ,  Shoot in the 80s , from Sterling Heights, Mi

Hogan 5208

Summary:
I am quit pleased with my two new Hogan wedges, the 5208 and the 5612. I have only played a few rounds with them since I purchased them late in the fall. In the short peroid of time that I have owned them I have been rewarded with the wonderful feel of a forged blade that is a joy to swing. These two clubs will fit in nicely with my newly purchased set of Taylormade x-300 fci irons. I have allready holed two chip shots in my very first round with these clubs and I love the solid smooth feel I recieve when I hit a full shot with these sticks. All I can add is that the stock velvet grip is a perfect match for theses wedges. Try em', you'll like em!

Wilson Staff,Powerbilt TPS,Cleveland

August 24, 2000

Reviewed by: B H ,  Shoot in the 80s , from Boalsburg PA USA

Summary:
This club is awsome, it filled the void between my pitching wedge and sand wedge perfectly.

clevland wedges, wilson, and some others

August 11, 2000

Reviewed by: Dan Baker ,  Shoot in the 80s , from Milwaukee, Wi ,USA

Summary:
The entire Hogan series of wedges is solid when used by someone with a little skill and a solid basic technique. It's tough to beat the great feel of Forged with just about anything. Hogan Makes Quality clubs, not junk and at a fair price. Learn to use the right club for the shot and you won't be disapointed. With a litle work your shrot game will become a strong point.

Never have had a problem to complain about.

Have the 1992 & 1999 Apex Blade Irons