>>Reviews >> Wedges >>

Cleveland CG14 Zip Grooves Black Pearl Wedges Review

Cleveland CG14 Zip Grooves Black Pearl

Cleveland CG14 Black Pearl Tour Zip CC Wedges The Cleveland CG14 Black Pearl Tour Zip CC Wedges are the perfect balance of performance, versatility and forgiveness. The design integrates Cleveland Golf's advanced groove and feel technology with a Tour-scrutinized shape, sole and offset. Designed with a slightly larger size and wider sole, the head offers players additional forgiveness against fat shots. The Tour-inspired C? shaped sole provides a constant sole width from heel to toe to improve b

More Products from Cleveland  >>

June 3, 2013

Reviewed by: Richie ,  Shoots in the 90s

CB 14 Satin Chrome

Summary:
I've been playing for 2 years now. My driver and irons are decently okay, but what always stopped me from shooting low scores was my short game. I upgraded my wedges to get a 52 and a 60 degree and boy am I glad I did. I went from shooting 100's to shooting 90's within weeks. The feel and consistency of these wedges are great. I tried my friend's Vokey's and couldn't really get a feel for them. With these, I play nice high flop shots with my 60 and bump and runs that end up within 3 feet of the hole with my 52. I am currently shooting in the mid 80's and if I could get my putting down, I'll be able to shoot in the 70's soon. These CG 14's are great and I love them.

Titleist Vokey

May 12, 2010

Reviewed by: sly ,  Shoots in the 90s

cg 14

Summary:
This is simple. If you REALLY care about scoring and your short game, get this wedge. I hear people say a "wedge is a wedge" but the people who say that don't have game. If you hit the same shot with different clubs, different things happen, and this club 60 and 56 degree are top notch. Today i just finished my round and i had the best short game ever. Hit 3 pins with the 56! In one rd! Never before. This Cleveland wedge feels great, bites, and does as advertised. After a rd or 2 you will be killing yourself that you didnt get this stick. Tried the CG12, RACS, and others. No contest...

March 23, 2010

Reviewed by: Scotty-LOS ,  Shoots in the 90s

Clevelan CG14 - Camo 52,56,60

Summary:
I have always had some issues with my short game and chips, pitches and flop shots. I used only carry a PW cause I never could use a wedge and take advantage of the diff loft's and bounce etc etc. I asked for some wedges for my B-day and my wife bought me a CG14 56* 2 dot sand wedge in a cool camo finish. The club looked great. I took it to the local course that day to play a quick 9 holes anyway the 5th hole has a trap left side of the fairway I always end up there cause of my nice slice the green is about 65ish yards pin is leftside high with about 50 feet of green behind the pin... So I am thinking another try with my PW and just pop it out and play from the fairway.... But here is this nice camo stick my wife got me I took the F**cker out and setup I took my shot nice 3/4 swing it felt amazing the ball scooped out so clean and a super high nice rianbow drop shot I saw it going right at the pin I can tell I gave it a little much but damn this thing was right at the pin I thought.... I didnt see but there was a guy still looking for his LW up on the green so he saw the whole thing all I heard him say was NICE.. so I walk up the green and BOOM my ball is right there 3 feet left of the pin.. I say WTF I def thought I flew the green...

He said bro I never seen that much spin on the ball how you do that.. he said that the ball over about 15-20 feet he said nice soft landing and then he said the ball took of like it had a string attached to it and I was pulling it back he said bro the ball peeled out and just went right back at the hole he said I missed it by about 3 inches from holing it.. So all I can say is now I own a 52GW, 56SW and a 60LW and my short game is alot better the spin and the trajectory of the ball with these wedges is amazing I think they are the best wedges out there and yes I have tried Vokey's before..

November 20, 2009

Reviewed by: GtownGolfer22 ,  Shoots in the 70s

Cleveland CG14 black pearl wedge

Summary:
This club is great. It allows you to play all types of shots around the green with great amounts of spin. I can hit a higher pitch or a little bump and run, and easily control the amount of spin I want. However, there are 2 things that I do not like about this club. First, it fills up with grass and pieces of the ball pretty easily, even after practice swings I have to clean the grooves. Secondly, I like to feel miss hits on the club face, and with the vibration stopper on the back, all the shots feel sweet even when there not, so I don't get as much feed back as I'd like. Other than that, this is a great wedge to have in your bag.

October 27, 2009

Reviewed by: Joe ,  Shoots in the 80s

CG14 50/60 Chrome/Black Pearl

Summary:
Lovely club, good look at address, good ball flight, good spin, great control. With a good swing you can compress it and the grooves take effect. I can hook spin back, cut spin it back. The 50 degree comes in low-mid height, and 60 degree is high and fantastic from greenside rough or from 100 yards away in rough. From sand its fantastic, especially the 60 when you have to get it over a big front lip. Though you have to make a good swing for full results and must punch down to take a divot or you catch it dead thin. Looks are fine, the dampener that the yellow thing in the back doesnt make it look ugly in my view, only benefits in feel.

Srixon WG 706 56 degree--Titleist 200 Series 58 degree