>>Reviews >> Wedges >>

More Products from Cobra  >>

July 22, 2010

Reviewed by: austyn ,  Shoots in the 80s

52 m series cobra

Summary:
awesome club it checks amazingly better then many other wedges it is staying with me for many yoers the head shape is a little different but it truly is a amazing club

May 11, 2005

Reviewed by: BrianMac ,  Shoots in the 70s

Cobra M Wedge - 50 degree

Summary:
Loved this wedge when I first bought it because it was a checkin' mutha! Textured face quickly eroded away and now is no diffrent than any other wedge. Great balance but am not all that inspired by the head shape. Nonetheless, it gets the ball out of tough lies easily and consistently outperforms everything else I have so I will stay with it for now.

Cleveland Gun Metal 588, Snake Eyes Black Forged, Top-Flite Tour 2003, Titleist Pro 100, Wilson Dyna-Power, Powerbilt Citation

May 11, 2005

Reviewed by: BrianMac ,  Shoots in the 70s

Cobra M Wedge - 50 degree

January 8, 2005

Reviewed by: checkmate ,  Shoots in the 80s

Cobra M wedge - 56*

Summary:
Last week I received a 56* M wedge and tried it at our short game practice area. We have light, fine sand at our course and this wedge makes getting out of the sand and close to the pin easy.

What really surprised me with this wedge was how easy it was to open up for flop shots. I was actually hitting better flop shots with this than I was my 60* Callaway forged wedge. I think I can take my lob wedge out of the bag since this SW is so easy to open up and hit.

I like the finish on this club - it is unique. The grind looks different, but it obviously is effective since it can be opened up so easy. My first impression is that it is a high bounce club that plays more like a low to medium bounce. I am very happy with the purchase after several practice sessions, and the first round on the course with it netted even better results than the practice time. I feel like I can use this as both a SW and a LW and you know what that means.....I get to buy another club to put in the bag. ;)

C2 Vokey 258.12, Callaway forged, KZG forged, Cleveland 588 gun metal, Nike forged, and way too many others to recall

August 18, 2004

Reviewed by: Doyler ,  Shoots in the 80s

Cobra M Wedges

Summary:
I got custom fitted for a set of SSi irons last year and wanted a pair of M Wedges for the set. They weren't available at the time in Ireland so I opted for a pair of Vokey Black Nickel wedges.
I thought when I bought the Vokey's that I'm paying for quality clubs. But after less than a year of playing approx. once a week, the faces started to wear down, and they looked terrible with the glare from the raw surface.
A few weeks ago, in my local golf shop, noticed the Cobra M wedges and they were retailing at a juicy 99 euro each.
Went and ordered 2 immediately and had them within 2 weeks. What I liked is that fact that once again I had the nickel finish but beneath was a stainless steel clubhead which I know will last longer than the vokeys.
Spin is great. Regardless of the ball. Better than the vokeys in fact. Much more weight in the head, you really feel like you're swinging something consistent.
As are the distances. Constant 125-130 yards with the 52 degree. The 60 degree is fantastic out of sand.
For anyone thinking of buying a set of wedges, you should invest in these before throwing your money away on something that won't last pissing time (carbon steel wedges).

Didn't need to use them.

Nike Wedge, Titleist Vokey Black Nickel