>>Reviews >> Wedges >>

Cobra Trusty Rusty Wedges Review

Cobra Trusty Rusty

Cobra Trusty Rusty Black CC Wedge Featuring specialty alloys that rust over time, the traditionally-shaped Cobra Trusty Rusty Black CC Wedge offers versatility and shot making. The specialty finish promotes maximum allowable spin and enhanced feel with a non-plated finish that rust over time, allowing you the shot-making capabilities you demand around the green. Additional features: Laser precision technology: features four distinct surface roughness grades that result in maximum allowable spin

More Products from Cobra  >>

Review Abstract
The Trusty Rusty wedges drew high praise from reviewers. Players raved about its "great look at address," "solid feel," and "fantastic spin." The tri-bounce soul makes this wedge excellent from all lies. Flops and sand shots are easy to hit, and the "added spin" from the "more abrasive face" helps players "stick it close!" The trusty Rusty produces "great results" and is "probably the best sand wedge I've ever used."

June 29, 2008

Reviewed by: Juicein LA ,  Shoots in the 100s

Cobra Trust Rusty 59 degree Lob Wedge

Summary:
This is the one lob wedge no hack golfer can live without. Rusty will perform for the handicapper and for the heavy handed hack, like myself, its like it senses your weakness and compensate. Perfectly weighted, it feels light and buoyant in even the tightest grip. Highly recommended!

May 16, 2006

Reviewed by: BobBranch1 ,  Shoots in the 80s

Cobra Trusty Rusty 61 degree wedge

Summary:
The 61 degree Trusty Rusty is the trustiest and by far the oldest clubs in my bag (older than my Titleist DCI 990 irons), and it will not leave until the wearing of its grooves sends it to a well-earned retirement. Low bounce and great feel make this my go-to club around the greens where I normally play. Note that where I play has firmer than average ground conditions. I also like my wedges to be simple looking at setup and 'light' feeling to my hands.

Never used

Cleveland 588, Vokey, Wilson

December 9, 2005

Reviewed by: sharkhark ,  Shoots in the 80s

53,57,61

Summary:
I bought this as a used set of 3.

I had remembered the nice feel of them in stores years ago.

I also knew they had an aggressive leading edge.

Play with them for last 2 mths of CDN season was exceptional.

I had nice wedges, but too much bounce. Very often would hit fat/thin etc. Just not comfortable.

1st round with these, my steep hit down on ball, swing, worked.

Depending on your type of swing, maybe not for you. Many good reviews here, but some people not happy.

But for me, very consistent contact, crisp feeling, unbelievable spin.

I am tempted to buy a set of 3 as back up, just because they don't make (and probably never again) this exact type of wedge, by any manufacturer.

not used c/a

ben hogan riviera sw, maxfli revolution milled lob wedge (both soon destined for ebay) etc

November 17, 2004

Reviewed by: Toby91210 ,  Shoots in the 80s

Summary:
I recently brougth a 61 degree lob wedge, i have tried to rust the wedge with water and water and salt but it is not rusting completly and leaves funny looking rust stops and some parts have not rusted at all! club has made big impact on short play, any information or help email s_side69@hotmail.com PLEASE HELP!!

June 28, 2002

Reviewed by: bradji ,  Shoots in the 80s , from California

Trusty Rusty 61

Summary:
Initially, I too, loved this club. While I am still a believer in its capabilities, I have come to recognize its limitations after about a year of playing with it.

First the good: This club sets up very nicely to the ball. It has virtually no bounce which makes it easy to hit off of hard fairways, tight lies and heavy sand. It does get good spin too. With the scalloped back, you can really open up the face for a beautiful flop shot.

Now, the not so good: Because it has little bounce, you can easily hit fat shots, especially on soft or wet fairways. Also, this leads to inconsistent distances out of heavy rough and really soft sand.

In summary: As per the above descriptions, there are shots/courses that I play where this is definitely the club of choice. "Ol' Trusty" does well on most desert courses. However, if I am playing a course with heavy green side rough and/or soft sand and fairways, I opt to use my Vokey 60 wedge with more bounce.

Vokey, Ping Eye2, Carbite, Armour¬