Callaway Big Bertha War Bird Drivers

Big Bertha War Bird

• Big Bertha War Bird features a stainless steel head and sets up very nicely at address
  • It is widely considered to be one of the most forgiving and best selling steel headed drivers

smitty   Shoots in the 80s [May 30, 2013]
Model Reviewed: warbird 11 degree

I recently swithed from a well known 460cc driver to this club and could not believe how far I hit this thing. My ss is between 95-100mph and my shot shape is a consistant 5-10 yd draw. I was curious after Phils statement that his steel phrankenwood put less spin on the ball and he got more roll and was getting to spots on the course he normally couldn`t reach. My drives now go about 220-230 carry and roll 40-50 yds. All and all I think I gained 5 yds and I hit probobly 2 more fairways per round. After only 3 rounds I`ve hit the longest drives I`ve ever hit on 4 of the 9 holes on my home course and shot my 2 best scores ever. This club is going NOWHERE

fine I`m sure

Similar Products Used: tm,tity,cobra,adams.....
sc   Shoots in the 90s [Jan 10, 2013]
Model Reviewed: big bertha war bird

This is not a grip it and rip it club. The drivers of today are spectacular with their 460cc heads and 275+ distances off the tee. For me however a 275 yard drive into the woods is not a good thing. I mean it is hard to brag about driving 25 to 30 yards past the competition when I have no second shot and they are in the fairway. So I have gone back to the war bird in an attempt to become more competitive. Taking this club to the range I found that I really do have to keep my head down through impact and stay focused on the ball. Who knew? I also found I can hit a draw, a fade and strait all about 240 to 250 yards. On the range. We all know that very little of what you do on the range follows you to the course. However if I can stay in the short grass twice as much as I have been over the past few years my newly developed scrambling skills should help me get a few more pars. I have zero expectations and high hopes.

None

Similar Products Used: Callaway 454, Nike sumo, dymo str-8 fit, Cleveland 460 Launcher
Stew   Shoots in the 80s [Jul 09, 2011]
Model Reviewed: Callaway 1 and 3 woods - hawk eye and war bird

I would be so hard on the players who say they shoot in the 90s but hit 300 yards of the tee with their drivers. Some of these players have terrible short games and below average approach shots. As you know, someone with a superior short game can score much better than someone who has only the ability to hit it long off the tee only.

Similar Products Used: Taylor Made - Adams
billz   Shoots in the 90s [May 10, 2010]
Model Reviewed: Callaway Big Bertha Warbird

This is an acceptable driver. Not as long as some others but I can control my fade fairly well with it. I will probably retire it after this season and go for something newer.

Never used it.

troyster   Shoots in the 80s [Feb 21, 2010]
Model Reviewed: calloway big bertha warbird driver

I still have my 12 degree warbird with the memphis 10 steel shaft, although I retired it many years ago. Very long, very consistant.Also have a 10 degree warbird with the rare titanium shaft which is in nearly brand new condition. That particular club was not as easy to use as my 12 degree model, but that ti shaft sure looks cool!

Similar Products Used: ping zing II metal, taylor made burner bubble shaft, only other two non-titanium drivers I've owned.
MIke   Shoots in the 80s [Nov 30, 2009]
Model Reviewed: Big Bertha warbird

All i can say is WOW.Easy to hit,good distance,and i love the feel.I average 225-250 on the range with this old girl.Some times new isnt better.

Spydaz   Shoots in the 90s [Feb 26, 2008]
Model Reviewed: Callaway Big Bertha War Bird 11 Deg Driver

One Word... WOW. it can hang with the Big Boys of today.... I was amazed! $20 and consistent straight trajectory with about 230-250 yards distance. I also hit my BB 460 and shes about 30 yards further than this and a more straight trajectory but again.... WOW...What a driver....

Similar Products Used: BB 460, Burner TP, Callaway War Bird 3 Wood.
J Mac   Shoots in the 90s [Sep 17, 2007]
Model Reviewed: Callaway Big Bertha Warbird

I have been playin for a little over the year and have been shhotin in the mid to high 90s. anyway i am only 13 years old so i cant hit it to far but with this driver [12 degree with steel shaft] i can consitently hit is 225 or 230 at least and its easy to hit.

Similar Products Used: callaway 454
Simon   Shoots in the 90s [Aug 23, 2007]
Model Reviewed: Big Bertha War Bird

Seriously, this club is amazing. I am surprised to read that others are disappointed with it. I hit well over three hundred yards with this several times per game. Longest shot ever was 415. I didn't even know I was capable of hitting that far! I was 25 yards away from the pin on a 440 yard hole. Once you learn how to hit with this baby, it does all the rest. Go get one and love your game.

No experience.