Callaway C4 Drivers

Callaway C4 Drivers

Looks like nothing else. Plays like nothing else. The friendliest, high velocity driver Callaway Golf has ever made!

[Sep 06, 2006]
Eric Hartjen
Model Reviewed: calaway c4

Bought a c4 in high school when it cost 500, and have had it for 5 or 6 years. Absolutely awful, the weight inside the club has detached 3 times. Club makes awful noise when you make contact. Shaft is so long, unless you are a pga pro you are at a disadvantage for making contact. Unless you get it for 10 bucks, dont buy it.

[Apr 11, 2006]
Jason
Model Reviewed: Callaway C$

The C4 is forgiving on off center shots. As many others stated before me, the sound isn't as pretty as some other drivers, but I didn't purchase it for the sound it makes. I like the large face and light weight of the composite head.

[Aug 16, 2005]
redoc68

I played for two years with the C4 and I will say that it is not very forgiving. The noise is a little strange but you have to remember that it is a composite faced driver. Also this driver is for golfer with a very fast swing speed. Which I believe it is around 110 mph or so. So if you cannot reach that swing speed this club is probably not for you. My experience with the C4 ended up being a pleasant one. Once I practiced and got everything where it should be so I could properly hit the C4 I hit it well. Out of a rating from 1-10 I would give the C4 an 8.

[May 19, 2005]
FULLBORE
Model Reviewed: Callaway C4 9 deg.

After finally being able to hit a driver 2 years ago, I found a great deal with the C4 driver! I still had the slice factor, but I was willing to put in the time and work it out. I would call this club inconsistant at best. From one round to the next, you don't really know what is going to happen. I then bought a Callaway Steel Head plus with a closed face. The head is smaller than the C4 but WOW is it consistant. I HATE to mention this but the sound of the C4 is terrible as well. I could care less about the sound if the ball flew straight! The people I was playing with all commented that they thought I was playing with a water logged ball! In my oppinion, the Callaway Steel Head Plus is by far the longer, straighter driver for anyone in the mid 80's. Hopefully you all have better luck with this club. I sure didn't. There is a reason why they took them off the market and improved them with the ERC.

None, but I hear they are fantastic.

Callaway Steel Head Plus 9 degree. John Daley Extreme 500cc driver!

[Apr 23, 2005]
Franchize5
Model Reviewed: Callaway C4

I have just finised playing 27 holes with my new C4 driver and could not be more happy. It is a wonderful feeling standing on the Tee and having the confidence you are going to hit the fairway. I have not used a driver as I just couldnt hit one. After talking with a salesman, I chose the C4 with 12 degree of loft and the regular graphite flex. Now, I am out in the fairway 240-250 yards and what a difference on approach shots to the green. As for the sound it makes at impact, I think it is similar to the sounds we heard years ago when a persimmon wood smacked a ball. This club is very forgiving and straight. I used to duck hook a lot and havent done this yet. Sure, I squibbed one but that was the fault of my swing, not the C4. If you are in the market for a new driver, I would give this one a serious look.

Have not used yet but the correspondence with the Callaway PreOwned people was impressive.

None

[Apr 01, 2005]
Rabbit
Model Reviewed: Big Bertha C4

Thanks to the guys reviewing the C4---Found a used 9 degree "firm"---Longest driver I've ever hit---Gotta get use to the sound but beyond that ---GREAT PRICE----39.99

Nothing so far.

too many to name.

[Feb 13, 2005]
PeteM
Model Reviewed: Callaway C4 12*

I'd say that this club would be good for ay beginner or intermediate golf player. It's very lightweight, with a large, forgiving face. I really enjoy mine, but my big problem is that I sky many of my shots. This is probably the result of the 12*, and I will try to buy another C4 with only 8* or 9*.

[Dec 30, 2004]
patto
Model Reviewed: Callaway c4

I went shopiny for a driver the other day and saw a 9deg callaway c4 as a new golfer i was told to get at least an 11deg driver by a friend whilst looking a saw a nearly new c4 9deg it looked great i gave it a few practice shots at the shop and bought it for £50, What do friends know. My first trip to the driving range i thought what have i bought i was hooking and slicing all over the place and could i get the ball of the floor, the same the next time at the range. I took it out for the first time on a golf course today and also my old driver just in case. Well was i suprised i hit most fairways and drove over 250 yard nearly every shot. I recomend this driver to beginers for accuracy and distance. What a club.

Mike Nutters golf shop in middlesbrough. Good sevice friendly and nocked the price from £60 to £50

[Sep 27, 2004]
BogeyGolf
Model Reviewed: Callaway C4 11* Reg Graphite

Just wanted to leave my $0.02. I have not compared it to many of the other big headed drivers out there but the C4 seems to have fixed my duck hook problems that I've been having with my Steelhead plus. It could be that the C4 face angle is square like all clubs should be. Hook faces and open faces should be options and not the standard. The club is long and light. Had my longest drive ever 316 yd par 4. LOL, I made a 6 on that whole even though my second shot was 50 yds to the hole. That is about 20 yds longer than my previous longest drive of around 290 with the TM ti Bubble. The trajectory for me was a medium boring with a fair amount of roll eventhough I was hitting an 11*. The trajectory was much lower the the high bombs I used to hit with the Tibubble. I can now hit this thing straighter than my 16* Adams TL. :( Great club despite the sound at impact and the so often heard shaft breakage.

Never Used but heard great things.

TM Ti Bubble 10.5, Callaway Steelhead 9*, Callaway WarBird 10*, Palmer Phd 8*

[Sep 21, 2004]
MRajewski
Model Reviewed: Callaway C4 / firm shaft / 9 degree

It took some getting used to (different, not LACK of feel) but I'm really starting to love this club. I bumped the swing weight up a bit with about 2" of lead tape and liked it even more. I can work the ball but have a tendancy to block it right when I swing too hard (MY fault, not the club's). It's not as good as my old Biggest BB to when hitting from the fairway but it's possible. Distance is on par with everything else I've hit (Titleist, Cleveland launchers, other Callaway, etc) but I logged my longest ever (338 yards all carry, into a 1-club wind, into a slightly uphill soft fairway) with this club. Toe-shots are very forgiving and lose little if any distance. For $90 at Golfsmith I didn't think I could go wrong and I didn't.

The best in the business The shaft broke after my bag fell off a golf cart in the parking lot (stupid friends ! ! !). One call to Callaway and they offered to reshaft it for free even AFTER I told them how it broke.

Callaway Biggest Big Bertha 7 degree Titleist 975D 9.5 degree Celveland Launcher 400cc 10 degree