Callaway Hawk Eye VFT Drivers

Callaway Hawk Eye VFT Drivers

From Callaway Golf: The new Hawkeye VFT driver is the "hottest, most forgiving driver available that also conforms to USGA rules." The VFT's "Variable Face Thickness" Technology, along with its large, deep faced, 300cc head, maximizes ball speed and perimeter weighting for greater potential distance and forgiveness.

[Dec 05, 2016]
blaine bowers
Model Reviewed: hawkeye vft 3 wood

ive used the hawkeye vft for several years now ive tried to get rid of it and update but i hit the club way long and i hit it straight cant find another one to get the distance

[May 23, 2016]
robert malicki
Model Reviewed: vft driver

by far and I do mean far the best driver made after trying every possible driver on the market I found and went back to the vft....why I left I'll never know 300 cc head firm flex 10deg loft this club just flat out goes I dont know what it is about this driver but callaway hit a home run ....it will never leave my bag again 250 carry all day long ..find one get it..never mind all the 460 crap adjustable stuff go old school and dont worry what your buddies will say when you pull it out it will speak for itself

[Oct 24, 2014]
Snowsy
Model Reviewed: Callaway Hawkeye VFT

I found one of these (the 11.5 loft version) in the garage of a rental home that I moved into this summer. I didn't think much of it, as I already had a driver that was more modern. The Hawkeye's head looked tiny by comparison.

On a whim I took it to the range with me a few weeks back and was super impressed with the distance and accuracy. Then, it happened - I thought to myself "What if I cut it down 3/4 of an inch and bagged it as a 3-wood for when I have a good lie?"

I'm now reaching par 5's in two. Easily. The smaller head is actually fairly large compared to most 3's. The 11.5 loft is enough to get the ball airborne, and I'm just about the happiest guy on the course - bombing close to 250 off the grass and hitting it dead straight. LOVE this club!

NA

pretty much everything

[Apr 28, 2011]
Kevin Joens
Model Reviewed: Hawkeye VFT Pro Series

I have used the VFT for almost 8yrs and I always shop for new clubs. I cant find one that hits as accurate or as long as I can the VFT. Tested three new drivers last weekend all came in 5 yards shorter. I planned on buying and was sort of disappointed. I guess if its not broken dont fix it.

Tried the Razr, Talor Made and Titleist

[Oct 12, 2009]
charlie kim
Model Reviewed: hawkeye vft

i just want to know if this hawkeye vft model is conforming or a non-conforming driver. i've been a callaway user for the longest time and yet cant seem to determine if its conforming or not.

[May 08, 2009]
samarati
Model Reviewed: callaway hawk eye vft

Amazing how easy this club is for me to hit well. Over the past 2 years my search for the perfect Driver, 3w, & 5w has taken me thru every major brand, has cost me several thousand dollars & I've spent many, many hours on e-bay buying and selling golf clubs.

Well, I think that my search is over. For less than $50 I purchased a used but like new Callaway Hawk eye VFT with the System 60 regular flex shaft. I hit this club really well, have done so from the first ball that I struck on the driving range. The weight and balance are so well engineered that my orthodox swing just performs well. My shots are more predictable with the VFT than any other club I've tried.

Now maybe some of those big headed, souped-up newer Drivers I briefly owned gave me more distance, but at the cost of occasional slices, shanks, and other mis-hits that I could not predict standing at ball address.

So I maybe lost 5 yards compared to the Nike Sumo SQ that I used all last year. But with the VFT I can hit 80% of my 245 yard drives within 20 feet of my intended target. I Never could do that with the Nike or any other brand Driver. With the VFT for the 1st time in my life I've been able to dial up a draw or hook from the tee box.

I like this club so much that I searched e-bay for the matching 3 wood, 5 wood and 7 wood. Was successful in acquiring all those clubs at an average price of $40 each. I love golf & I love a bargain. It's nice to combine those 2 passions and come out a winner!

Have used the Callaway Certified used club sales + service in the past. Very nice guys at the shop. Helpful, sincere, smart.

In the past 6 months I've bought and sold over 10 drivers and 5 iron sets. My second favorite of all those golf clubs was the Cleveland Tour action irons and Hi-bore woods.

I hit the Callaway VFT woods and X-12 irons MUCH better than the Clevelands.

[Apr 27, 2008]
Dave Patton
Model Reviewed: Callaway VFT Hawkeye

I love this club! I would've been described as a hacker at best off the tee box before I got this club. This club offers amazing feel and performance for being an older club. Working for a sport shop, I have been able to demo many of the hot new clubs and I still wouldn't trade my VFT for any of them. I would sell this club to anybody who is not looking for the giant headed clubs today's market offers. The best part is this club can be bought cheap!!! $40 or less is the current going rate... one great buy!

[Mar 01, 2008]
JB
Model Reviewed: Callaway Big Bertha Hawkeye VFT Driver

This is a great club.With a smooth swing and good contact, the ball FLIES!!! Even on mis-hits you get distance with plenty of forgiveness. The face is huge which helps to cut down on tailing it off. The only bad thing about it is that I bought a shaft too stiff for my swing speed. It's a great club, definitely one that should be in your bag.

No Need

[May 09, 2007]
jesse
Model Reviewed: Hawkeye VFT

I've had nothing but trouble with this driver. Perhaps the regular shaft flex is causing my problems but I've owned Callaway drivers before and never had problems. When I hit the ball it travels about thirty or forty yards before it hits the ground. It really seems like the ball just can't stay airborne. It's been frustrating to hit a smooth swing and see a good amount of energy into the ball and watch it hit the ground before the ladies tees.

[Aug 09, 2006]
jmc3rd
Model Reviewed: Hawkeye VFT Pro Series 8.5*

Ok,

You know what time it is so I'll get to the point!

Mis-hits, the ball goes! Dead on sweet spot and the ball GOES!!!!!! Even when you swing at 80% the distance is impressive!

Now the only thing I can say that is less than stellar is the "thud" at point of impact. Typically, you can be at a driving range or approaching the next tee box and pick out the "one of a kind Callaway Titanium Ring". In this case, however, its more of a thud! Nonetheless, what it lacks in sound effects it more than makes up for in performance!!!

Like the old saying goes, "have substance before style." This club has plenty of Substance!

Do yourself a favor and get one for the great value, smooth look at address and classic Callaway performance!

Good luck and keep it in the short grass!

JMc

No experience yet.

Callaway BB454, Warbird, GBB, X460, Hawkeye Titanium and VFT Pro Series, Orlimar Tri-metal, Powerbilt, Acer XP, etc.