Callaway Steelhead Drivers

Callaway Steelhead Drivers

[Jul 05, 2022]
gasielennie410j

Strength:

Over all its a great Driver, since 2006 its no longer PGA legal. But for the weekend golfer is great. | hardscape contractor

Weakness:

None . .

Purchased:
New
[Aug 14, 2007]
guitarmas5
Model Reviewed: Callaway Steelhead 9* Driver

This is a really solid club. It's not as bulky and clunky as some of Callaway's other clubs. It's got a nice look and feel at address and is very accurate. I don't have incredibly fast swing speed but I still manage to hit the occassional 300 yard drive with this baby... and it's usually in the fairway too (which is what really matters).

Callaway's Certified Pre-Owned section on their website is a great place to get one of these clubs!

[Feb 17, 2007]
Roy
Model Reviewed: Callaway BB Steelhead Plus

Old faithful. My primary driver is a Ping G2, but I'll never take this baby out of my bag. I'm a decent driver (not like some of these 300+ yard reviewers that I never seem to see out on the courses) and the Ping is a good 20-30 yards longer, but not as accurate. If you have decent swing speed and your ego will allow you to be satisfied with 240-250 right up Broadway than you need to keep this one in your bag.

Ping, Callaway, TaylorMade and Cobra

[Jul 13, 2006]
AC Slater
Model Reviewed: Callaway steelhead Driver

I have used this driver now for 3 years and love it. It cured my fade immediately, and has a very solid feel. I tried many other oversized drivers(Taylormade 540,580,R7, Cleveland Launcher, Adam's Redline) and never had nearly as many perfect drives as with my Steelhead. I've FINALLY found a club that I love just as much and I've started hitting. It's a Great Big Bertha 2 390. It's bigger and has a little hotter face, so it goes maybe 10-15 yrds farther. The Steelhead is a wonderful club and I'm keeping it incase I ever change my mind about the GBB2. Highly recommend!

Never Used.

TM 540/580/R7, GBB2, BB warbird, Launcher, Adam's Redline, Callaway ERC fusion.

[Jul 27, 2005]
TheLastDon
Scratch Golfer
Model Reviewed: Steelhead 10*

Have had this driver for several years now, and it has been an excellent club for me. Had to have it reshafted w/ a Harrison Pro 2.5 stiff because the stock shaft was way too flexible for me. It's long and extremely consistent both in terms of distance and accuracy. Have tried many newer drivers but keep coming back to "ole faithful". It is a bit hook biased, but a smooth rhythm produces terrific results. Also their fairway woods are still some of the best out there, extremely easy to hit and just a magnificent club.

Just about all

[Jul 01, 2005]
RJM
Model Reviewed: Driver 9 degree firm flex

I like all the steelhead woods, I have a 3 / 5 / 7. If I had to go bad to a steel driver this would be it. Easy to hit and control. Its the best steel driver out there.

[Apr 16, 2005]
golferguy95
Model Reviewed: Callaway Steelhead

This is most likely the hardest driver to hit ever produced. It is a good looking club but the sweetspot is microscopic. I would recommend this club to a nostalgic(or poor) 10 or less handicap.

Never had any experiance but have heard good things.

Rawlings Blue, Titleist 975-J, Zevo Compressor (very loud)!

[Sep 18, 2003]
Nug186
Model Reviewed: Big Bertha Steelhead Driver 8*

Was at the range when some random dude walked up in frustration and asked me if I wanted to take "this (explicative ommitted) driver off his hands." So after hitting a few balls, I gave the guy $30 and had my new driver. I love this thing. It is worth noting that this club is shafted with a UST Proforce 65 Stiff Flex shaft, which I believe has as much to do with my success with the club as the head (if not more). I hit this club at least 20 yards farther than other drivers I've owned. Great, boring tragectories time and time again.

Adams Tight Lies 2 Driver, King Cobra 400cc Driver, various Wilson Drivers

[Jul 01, 2003]
taylor1
Model Reviewed: Steelhead 10 degree steel shaft

This club feels so pure when you hit it well. I have had very accurate drives with this club - it is a little shorter and stiffer than my previous driver. Drivers are a little like putters - they are a very personalized club. This club fits me perfectly. I love the look and feel of it and have gotten great results from it. Quality club. The Taylor Made 200 steel is another quality steelheaded driver. I prefer the Callaway, though. It is easier for me to control. Both these drivers are a steel on ebay these days. By the way, I ordered a GBB Hawkeye Ti at the same time I ordered the Steelhead, and I much prefered the Steelhead. The Hawkeye was regular flex graphite and 11 degrees, and the trajectory was too high and I couldn't control it. It was a lousy club for me.

Callaway BB Warbird, GBB, GBB Hawkeye, TM 200 Steel, 300 Ti, Integra L-1, some nameless ripoffs

[May 30, 2003]
Gary
Model Reviewed: Steelhead 10 Degree

I received this club as a christmas present in 1999. It had a regular graphite shaft. Since then I have gone through 2 shafts (broken twice from leaning down with club to put tee in ground!) Anyway, now play with a firm graphite shaft. Hit the ball on average 225 yards BUT ALWAYS ALWAYS STRAIGHT. I regularly shoot between 78-84 shots and play off a 10 handicapp. As you can see I don't hit the ball a long way but the answer to good golf is not distance it is direction. This club offers a lot of forgiveness again, not the longest out there but deadly accurate.

Never used

A number of the oversize headed drivers. Lost accuracy.