Cleveland Hibore XL Tour Drivers

Cleveland Hibore XL Tour Drivers

This driver takes Distance Driven Geometry to a whole new level, creating Full-Face Performance (FFP) for the ultimate in driving effectiveness. By creating a face-centered sweetspot for greater distance from anywhere on the clubface as well as a high Moment of Inertia (MOI) for stability on off-center hits, Cleveland designers have combined power, precision and forgiveness. With the Fujikura Fit-On shaft fitting system as well, your HiBORE XL will be customized to your swing for maximum performance.

[Mar 16, 2018]
LongOfftheTee

Strength:

I can bomb this driver. Even though it is 8.5 in loft i can get this up fine. Favors a faster clubhead speed. Feels forgiving and gives feedback.

Weakness:

Kinda gives off a funky sound at a slower clubhead speed.

Price Paid:
[May 27, 2013]
Sean Stratton
Scratch Golfer
Model Reviewed: Cleveland Hibore XL Tour 9.5* w/ stock red shaft stiff flex

First off I have played this club on and off for almost 6 years. It looks very unconventenial because of the scooped crown. The stock fujikura fit on red shaft is an excellent stock shaft which is the reason why I haven't had it pulled. It also feels very stable at address and throughout the swing. The head isn't very forgiving and is fade biased. Where the club shines is those swings when you hit the ball solidly in the middle of the clubface. The ball comes off very hot with a great trajectory and goes as far as any driver out there. If you are a solid striker of the golf ball and are looking for a fade biased driver this one is a worthwhile option.

none needed I still have the stock shaft and stock grip on it.

King Cobra Speed Pro D.......Taylor Made R11 although the r11 isn't even close to being fade biased even if you go heavy in the toe with the weights

[Aug 10, 2010]
Jimmy
Model Reviewed: Hibore XL Tour Driver

switched from a callaway with a regular shaft to a cleveland hibore xl tour with a stiff shaft. what a difference! i was controlling my drives perfectly and hitting them long. i love the sound the driver makes on a perfect hit. 10/10

none needed

cleveland hibore xli irons

[Jul 15, 2010]
John Hardek
Model Reviewed: clevland hibore xl tour

I hit the ball around 275 usually but with this club i hit it over 300. even on my terrible miss hits I still hit the ball relatively straight and over 250 yards. I like this club a lot.

Taylor Made R5

[Mar 05, 2010]
Jay
Model Reviewed: Hibore XL Tour red shaft

Longest driver I have ever hit. I usually don't connect with my driver very well but when I did with this driver it always broke 300 yards. Longest driver you can buy I guarantee it.

[Feb 21, 2010]
TN Golfer

Tried this club a few years ago after playing with a guy in a tournament who bombed it. One hole he literally hit it 375 yards. I know some people in this forum tend to stretch the truth, but I saw it with my own eyes. Granted it was downhill but this guy was the absolute longest I've ever seen. Went out and bought the same model he had: Hibore XL tour with the Red Fit-on stiff shaft. Played it for a while and liked it. Honestly, I can't remember why I went away from it. Anyway I came back recently and seem to love it more. Just played a week in Myrtle Beach and consistently hit a beautiful power fade. It's really hard to hook this club. I tried the XLS but the XL seems to have more feel. Cleveland got it right with this club. I ended up buying another new one on ebay ($90 new including, God I love ebay) and will keep it in the garage until my current one wears out. Finally, I can stop trying drivers. Maybe I'll start buying wedges?

None needed

Callaway FT-5, -9

[Dec 12, 2009]
JIM RESTIVO
Model Reviewed: CLEVELAND HIGHBORE XLTOUR8.5

Went to demo day here in Las Vegas. I was looking for a set for my girl.... Started testing drivers. All of Cleveland's loft/shaft combo's. I hit everything pretty much with the same result as my T/M 9.5 stiff shaft. Until the XL tour 8.5 red. Now, my swing speed is 94 with a fade. I thought the open face would give me a slice and the shaft would be to much for my swing. NOPE, I ripped the ball down the left,lower + longer by 30+ yards over+over again,with the same small fade. The pro said.. Sometimes we see a guy who does not fit the specs. when fitting for a shaft and that's the case with me. I left without buying it and regretted it every time I ballooned a t-shot.Rock Bottom has this club on sale for $99.00. GOOD TIMES. Now instead of trying to do everything with 1 driver I carry 2. The T/M is for the higher shots. Everything else departs from Cleveland.

[Jul 28, 2009]
briklink
Model Reviewed: cleveland tour hi-bore

this driver cured my hook.. finally! i tried a lot of drivers that were supposedly "neutral" or "open" but they looked closed at address and the right-to-left ball flight proved it. the tour hi-bore sits square for me and i can crush the ball with confidence again. this driver makes a nice clangy-thwack sound when nutted correctly and people will notice and you will become godlike. the trajectory is lower and more piercing than my TM burner. i think the head may be a bit smaller than the conventional 460 size but your not giving anything away. this thing rocks! bye-bye unwanted hook!

callaway,cobra,taylormade

[Mar 16, 2009]
Daniel
Model Reviewed: Cleveland Hi Bore XL Tour

After caving in the face of my TM R580 I was in the search for an updated piece of technology. In the past 5 years everyone seems to have gone 'hook face' crazy and I couldn't even find a square faced model. Taylor Made TP series say square, but having Golf Smith test several of them they are still closed.

The way this sits ad address makes me drool and I'm actually liking it better than my R580 which I loved. Nice little 10 yard cut unless I unload ferociously with my hands and then I can get a draw. The fairway is 50% larger now...just aim at the left rough margin and pull the trigger:)

Not to mention I picked it up for $55 on ebay with the Fuji Red Stiff.....equivalent to a $90 shaft aftermarket Fit On E.

[Mar 04, 2009]
Texas Guy
Model Reviewed: Hibore XL Tour 10.5

The Tour version of the Hibore XL is IMO is an outstanding driver. It's 2-3 degrees open at address rather than closed like so many others these days. If your shot pattern is a draw like mine, with an occasional long hook, those closed faced drivers will kill you, especially when cranking hard on them.

As other reviewers mentioned, the red shaft (mid to high kick point) really keeps the shots in a boring trajectory for those who don't need help getting the ball in the air. Having an upright swing myself, the steep attack creates more backspin than is ideal, so standard game improvement clubs tend to make that situation worse. And normally, to counter that, I've gone with 7 and 8 degree heads. This time I went with the 10.5 and the high kick point shaft combo and head to head beat every other stock driver I tried.

A nice, medium swing produces perfect boring trajectory and tons of roll, and 10-20 yards longer than any other driver tested ... some of which cost 4 times as much (now).

The Hibore XL is now extremely low priced compared to the newer generations of drivers out, and it really is a super bargain.

No need to buy into the trap of spending $300-$400 every time a new driver is released ... this one is now 2-3 generations behind, but performance wise, just as good, if not better.

The whole trick is to fit the proper specs to your swing in loft and shaft characteristics to produce the optimal launch angle and spin rate. Do that, and you'll get much better results.

no experience one way or the other.

GBB 8.0 ; Ping G5 8.0 (both excellent clubs). Tried the Nike Sasquatch, TM R7, Ping Rapture. Hibore XL Tour beat all of them.