Cleveland HiBore XL Drivers

Cleveland HiBore XL Drivers

HiBore technology has taken the golf industry by storm since it's original introduction two short years ago. The unique "scoop back" design moves weight lower and deeper in the head to optimize launch conditions. The new XL model has an expanded club face, giving it the largest sweet spot in golf! A tour favorite, this driver belongs in your bag Featured Distance Driven Geometry moves weight low and deep in the clubhead to align the sweetspot with the hot spot. 15% greater MOI for unprecedented forgiveness on off-center hits.

[Apr 29, 2018]
alex

Strength:

Easy to hit goes far and you know when you hit it right because the driver makes a very loud noise

Weakness:

Used
[Apr 09, 2016]
Henri
Model Reviewed: Cleveland HiBore XL Driver

Hollow, flat noise and super high launch. Decent distance. Easy and consistent, very straight.

Drives look like wedge shots and have similar pinpoint accuracy. You do lose distance, but if you are struggling to get the ball up and on the fairway, it's the easiest club to hit. You probably don't want the club if you are pushing past 260 yrds/240 meters, because it will just dissapear in the clouds.

Good club if it fits your swing.

Callaway XR
Titleist 913D2

[Jan 10, 2016]
davenz
Model Reviewed: HiBore XL

XL 16* Driver I am a fairly new golfer. Heard about higher lofted drivers from the club house. Got the highest lofted driver I could find. Now that I have been playing for over a year I have got it going about 220m-240m and straight down the middle. I cant seem to get any shape out of it though- could be something to work on this year :) Like the look of it at address, nice and dark. My friends have nick named it darth vadar haha. Got it for a steal from ebay as well.

[Apr 26, 2012]
robbie

brought this second hand only hit 3 balls and i got it for 50 pounds steal only used it on the driving range and already feel alot more confident in my driving true and straight everytime with an extra 30-40 yards so now hitting it 270-280 the noise is fantastic off the sweet spot would recommend it to anybody used a callaway big bertha and a tayolrmade r7 quad and they wouldnt look at it

callaway big bertha taylormade r7 quad

[May 19, 2011]
Peter
Model Reviewed: HIbore XL

I'm about 2 years of golf age. Got Hibore XL loft 9.5 with blue aura gd 65g stiff last 3 mouths. I firstly had a struggled time to click with it. After I tried out several time in the range and also some golf rounds, I found it is very impressive driver comes with accurate and long distance. Only weak point is that it will sounds wicked when you hit it wrongly.

Never used.

TM R7 CGB Max

[Apr 15, 2010]
CrushCat
Model Reviewed: Cleveland HiBore XL w/ Aldila NV 65 - stiff

I went backwards and got the XL after playing the Monster because I liked the head shape, plus it was smaller than the massive Monster head.I also found a slightly used conforming 10.5 with the Aldila NV (what a head/shaft combo!!), had it cut to 45', put on a tacky mac grip, and I am just astounded how fabulous it is to hit this club. The ball explodes off the face (even my quiet playing buddy commented on that yesterday) and feels like butter. It sets up nicely - just a hair closed - and I now see why I have read so many great reviews about this model. My 2 cents worth of advice is to get the right engine (shaft) put into this beauty. I don't like the Gold Fit-On (too tip-whippy), and I like the Aldila NV more than the Red, although the Red specs are very close to the Aldila NV. This is a good example of a manufacturer moving on in technology right out of a great thing. The XLS and Monster are too big and just don't have that "now this is what a driver should hit & feel like!" feeling that the XL has. This is by far the best HiBore model. I also like the CG logo alignment aid, and the black and gold sole. Beware though - many of teh right handed 10.5 lofts are nonconforming. You can tell it's illegal i8f there is a raised dot in the H in HiBore on the sole. I considered the G10 the best driver ever made until I got this XL...

No Experience with them.

HiBore Monster, HiBore XLS, Ping G10, TMade Burner, Mizuno MP-001, Nike Sasquatch, TMade R580XD

[Sep 15, 2009]
redd
Model Reviewed: cleveland hibore xl

Bought this driver when i was looking to upgrade. Heard dome good reviews so bought it without trying one out. The sound, even when you hit it good has to be the worst part of this. It has a loud ping that sounds just like a metal baseball bat. The head is huge and almost to the point of distracting. I was also way more inconsistent with this driver than any other. Not a horrible driver, but try to sample one before you buy, make sure it is for you.

Callaway GBB
Callaway FT-5
Titleist 975J

[Aug 01, 2009]
bbourq6
Model Reviewed: Cleveland Hibore XL

I have hit several drivers since I have been playing, but I like this one the most! This thing sounds wicked when you make solid contact with the ball. I've only been playing three years now, and I have hit a Ping G5 for a couple months, a Taylormade Burner Draw for a couple rounds and this one for the past month. I'm not one of those people that get new clubs because I think they will make me play better, I've just had bad luck with breaking shafts [I've played baseball my whole life, so I started out trying to kill the ball] I got rid of the Taylormade because I couldn't work the ball enough with it, (I couldn't fade it). With the Cleveland, I've been killing the ball, I can hit it straight, I can draw it, and I can fade it. the best part is I only paid $135 for it and that was brand new!! Honestly I'm a high handicapper, and I can't tell you that this driver will make you drive the ball a mile further, or fix your slice or your hook, but I can tell you it is a very nice club, especially if you can pick one up for around the price I did

Ping G5, Taylormade Burner Draw

[Feb 15, 2009]
brian
Model Reviewed: HiBore XL 10.5*

I had the Cleveland HiBore XL in a 10.5* loft with the Fit On Red Stiff Shaft. This is a great club ! ! It is very forgiving and hits a mile ! The club does make a very loud CRACK when you hit it, but when you can hit the ball long with this you will want people to pay attention when you hit it !!

It has to be one of the best drivers I have hit ! !

Never used it at a Pro Shop, never had any issues with the quality.

Taylormade Burner, Burner Draw, Callaway X460, Ping G2, G5, Cobra SS 350, Nike SQ2

[Feb 12, 2009]
Zack
Model Reviewed: Cleveland Hibore XL

The best driver i have ever hit. Tested anything and everything i could get my hands on and this by far the best . At least thirty yards farther than a Nike SQ2. Former driver was a taylormade r5 dual and this just blows it out of the water. Fujikura Red shaft produces amazing bal flight.