Mizuno T-Zoid Forged Drivers

Mizuno T-Zoid Forged Drivers

The T-Zoid Forged driver features Mizuno's patent pending CORTECH face design and four-piece forged Titanium construction to provide superior distance and optimum forgiveness for golfers of all skill levels.

[Apr 07, 2011]
Chris Cory
Model Reviewed: Mizuno T Zoid forged driver

For 25 years I thought that I was a lousy driver. Tried all the fancy new clubs that came out, but still spent half my life in the trees. Then I bought a Mizuno T zoid driver second hand on ebay for £8. Got it for my 11 year old son as he's a Luke Donald fan and likes all things Mizuno. From the first time I swung it I just split the fairway, every single time. If I put a really bad swing on it I just get a gentle fade into the first cut, which I can live with. Fat chance my son ever getting his hands on it again ! I was shooting in the mid 80's but with the novelty of hitting my second shoots from the fairway that's already coming down nicely.

[Aug 25, 2010]
Bob
Model Reviewed: Mizuno forged tzoid driver

Taylormade player R7 Quad/R9 Supertri..bought Mizuno tzoid forged driver due to Mizuno forged tzoid 5wood beating everything in my bag for accuracy and consistency from 210yrs. I find toe dirver to be very accurate also. Nice sound on contact with very workable shot shaping. I added a bimatix shaft and find the combo very appealing for those who wish to hit them on the fairway. Maybe not a long as my other clubs but certainly hits 280 consistnetly straight. 5stars for accuracy.

[Aug 04, 2006]
rogarelli
Model Reviewed: Mizuno T-Zoid Forged Titanium 9° Driver Stiff

Bought this club early on in my golfing career, I'd only been playing around a year and I used to hit it sweet most times with great distance and hitting the fairway on a pretty high percentage of drives.

I say used to as I just got worse with this club over time, once my swing had stabilised and even though I was imporoving with every other club in the bag.

Went from drawing the ball to fading it then back again, which although is obviously due to my ability with the club, made me think it was a little less forgiving than I first thought.

Even with the stiff accel-arc shaft I found the club a little too "whippy" for me.

Having said that, I have to say that a pure mis-hit travels perfectly straight and 200yrds plus (perhaps I'd be better mis-hitting each shot)! On the odd occasion I hit it perfectly, boy does it go!

All in all I'd say in the right hands it would be an excellent club, just didn't suit my swing. Build quality, aesthetics and durability all excellent.

No problems with club so never used.

Cobra 440sz

[Mar 19, 2006]
caleb_owens56
Model Reviewed: Mizuno T-Zoid forged

WOW... I cant believe this driver is even on here. I got a set of clubs for Christmas and they were used. I cant believe it cost that much the first go around.i thought that it was just an old club my dad just picked up from the store. This really means alot. The driver hits like a dream. I love it.

Great

None

[May 05, 2005]
shooter
Model Reviewed: Mizuno forged T-Zoid 10* accel-arc stiff shaft

Bought this club from an Italian freind who ordered a left handed club by accident. I paid 100 euros for it. Could'nt hit it straight or long the first month I had it. The driver sat in my garage for 3 months after that. I just recently grooved a new swing and took out the T-zoid for fun. Now I'm hitting it straight or with a little fade 250-280 yards. I love this driver now. My other driver is a Taylor Made R-540 XD. I can't hit because the head is to big and light, so you can't feel the head during the swing. With the Mizuno, even though it has a smaller and heavier head you have much better feel of the club head position and it helps me acheive a better tempo with my swing. I like this club, but rember: "It's not the arrows, it's the Indian shooting them."

[Nov 27, 2003]
18holes
Model Reviewed: blue rage forged 9* stiff graffaloy

I have played this club 3 rounds. A fade, one bounce, stop, would best describe my drives. Once in awhile I also hit it straight. I never draw the ball. With this club I do. I also get a lot of extra roll. Even if I don't hit it real well with this club, the roll makes up for it. It is a fine club.

Titleist 975J, Snake Eyes forged

[Nov 05, 2003]
Rich
Model Reviewed: T-Zoid Forged - 9*

I play Mizuno products and did not love this driver. Bought it new with a Grafalloy Pro-Lite Stiff Shaft. Really not forgiving. Ball explodes off the face and goes very far when you hit it right. I now play Mizuno Pro 300S which is a much better driver compared to the T-Zoid model. A 15 or above handicapper might have trouble with this club. I went from a 15 to 11 this summer season and strike the ball very well but could not get the club to work consistently.

Not applicable

Mizuno Pro 300S, Callaway GBB, Taylormade Burner

[Nov 01, 2003]
KJ Campbell
Scratch Golfer
Model Reviewed: Mizuno T-Zoid 10* stiff-regular

This driver is a classic. Sponsors asked me to try this club out 2 years ago and I have never hit a driver so far (315yrds). Have been playing with it ever since and won 4 tarten tour events with it. Reccomend this driver to anyone of all levels of play.

brilliant!!!

983K, R300, 975J.VS, 975D, Launcher, Steelhead 3 and many more.

[Jul 11, 2003]
Mark Scott
Model Reviewed: Mizuno T Zoid

I have had this club for 2 months and love the distance but having problems with control. The shaft is EI 70 regular flex which is in my estimation the problem with the hook. The club has a nice feel at impact and nice ball flight. I plan on going to a stiffer flex and will repost on performance then.

Taylormade

[Jun 23, 2003]
blugecko
Model Reviewed: Mizuno T-Zoid Forged Titanium Driver, 10° with Stiff flex

They were practically giving this thing away on eBay, and it was brand new!!! Finally got to hit my Mizuno driver on Sunday evening at the range. Holy schmoely. Just my luck it'll just be new club magic and go OB on every hole when I take it out on the course :) I mean, I was hitting the Wilson well but this thing is just so much longer. Hard to tell with lovely flight-restricted range balls, but I was thoroughly impressed. Had to be at least 10-15 yards longer than the Wilson, and what really impressed me was that it was very workable but without overcompensating the fade or draw action. I've never hit a true fade that goes out, moves about 5 yards, and straightens out. I beat on it until I fell over so of course I ended the session with the banana and his brother, the reverse-banana. But before I got exhausted, boy-o-boy, what a gas! I feared I was making a mistake when I sold my Wilson, but I am very happy with this club. I'd recommend finding this club on eBay - you can't beat this deal. I play left-handed so it's hard enough to find clubs to demo, but I was getting bored with the Wilson. I hit a very high ball, and was looking for a club to help bring my ball flight down. I'd say this brough the ball down just enough, more to the mid-high vs high with the Wilson. Hopefully I'll get some roll now instead of the usual wedge action I get when my drive lands. I will concur with the other reviews here - the shaft is a tad whippy but I'll wait and see how it plays out. If I can get this performance from a stock shaft I will definitely be intrigued to upgrade the shaft, but at the same time sticking to the "ain't broke - don't fix it" saying.

Emailed them about demoing their new MP-30s and it took almost a week to reply back to me. The reply was very professional.

Wilson Deep Red 305 (what a solid club) and 365 (eh). Taylor Made Ti2 Bubble, 540, and 580. Callaway GBB II. This Mizuno tops them all, though I would have liked to try the Callaway with an S shaft in