Nicklaus 4DX Drivers

Nicklaus 4DX Drivers

The space-age looking 4DX Driver brings Nickent into the realm of superpower drivers, and signifies the first time a 460 CC directional control driver combines a classic tour shape and state-of-the-art innovation.

The D-Spec's loft, lie, CG, MOI and weight have all been configured to make the ball have the perfect draw. The T-Spec is set up for a faster swing speed. The T-Spec is engineered for players who prefer a flatter trajectory and a more workable ball flight.

[Oct 10, 2011]
Pim
Model Reviewed: 4DX Evolver

I love to try a different club ones in a while. I tend to hit to low, so i need some loft or a whippy shaft..

This is a very good driver. Bought one for $50,- and that's a giveaway! These were sold for at least 400,- before Nickent went out of business. Mine has two excellent shafts to play with: UST V2 pro launch and normal. These are very light. So is the Nickent head. It all promotes a higher swingspeed. The large face will give you confidence to go for a mile. And it almost does. Its the best driver for my game. I hit many fairways and its longer than any ive ever had. Would never have spend 400,- on any driver. But this one outdrives its 50 bucks by far!

You can still get them but stock is running low.

is no longer....

TM Ti320, Callaway diablo and FT3, Cleveland hibore, Burrows, Shimano

[Jul 28, 2011]
Dlin
Model Reviewed: Nickent 4dx

Can't do much better than this. The first time I hit it, I hit it the exact same distance as my previous driver. By the 6th hole, I hit my longest drive ever in the fairway (about 325) I produced two of those that round. I parred 6 holes in a row for the first time ever. My drives were longer and in the fairway with a much easier swing thn I had before. I heard that Nickent made good products but now I am a witness.

Great.

Hi-bore, Nike Sumo.

[Jul 16, 2011]
jjloans
Model Reviewed: 4DX Evolver

picked up new for $49 with GD Pershing S.

Very smooth shaft, great feel and the 4DX head is also the real deal. I was impressed with the ease of use, the feel, the distance.

My 9* produced a slightly low trajectory, but that is fine. This is one fine stick with this shaft, which used to be among the very best at the time it was introduced... still great.

If you can still find them, they are very comparable with the new stuff out there that go for $299, $399, etc...

My Cleveland Comp is a little longer, but not as consistent.

They are titz-up

Everything

[Apr 24, 2011]
Tony
Model Reviewed: 4dx Draw

This driver is on steroids. Get a good shaft and you will be outdriving your buddies. Buy this driver you will be glad you did. This driver is better than any top of the line brand.

[Mar 22, 2010]
Renee1a
Model Reviewed: Nickent 4 DX Driver

Ladies, hide this driver from your husband..The Nickent 4DX Driver, 10.5 degree, has added 20 plus yards to my drives..First day out, course busy, line for number one tee off, sour faces of men who will be following a woman golfer, me, walk up to the WHITE MARKERS, mens, drive the ball 185 plus yards right down the middle, walk calmly back to my cart, with attitude of course, husbands turns to the line of men with a smirk on his face and we're off while said line is desperately trying to get a look at my club...Wish they had made a putter!!!! Worth every dime...

Previously used a 8 degree Callaway Driver..

[Feb 04, 2010]
12sandwich
Model Reviewed: Nickent 4dx evolver

A gem of a driver, shame the company is out of business. get em while you can. I bought a new one for 45.00 dollars on ebay looked new. Normally I play tm tour drivers, refit the shafts, get fitted etc.. 300- 500 dollars later. This club out of the box, with the v2 shaft stiff is a monster. My misses are now a little left like my irons, so amazing, very large sweet spot, neutral at setup, pear shape head. So impressed bought another with six interchangable shafts, the cyg model. I see these so called distance gain claims and laugh. This club might have added 25-40 yards to my drives, hot face with the right shaft I guess.

done

taylormade r7tp, r7 425 tp, r7 limited,r7 cyg max, r7 460 tp, mizuno mp 001 460, nike, cobra f speed, cobra comp 414 etc..

[Feb 04, 2010]
holein1
Model Reviewed: Nickent 4DX SE

This driver is a real sleeper. First the looks -- square set up/face angle to my eye, and very sleek and traditional pear shaped head from address view. This SE (Special Addition driver) has an all black head, including face and sole. It is a rich look that is different. Playing partners really seem to notice this club and want to give it a good look. The sole of the club looks more modern/high tech with two fixed weights and green/black color scheme. It took me only about 3 holes after I put this club in play to start seeing some of the best drives I've hit. Basically, I was hitting high draws. but what was such an improvement was that compared to my previous driver (Ping G5 460 w/ Aldila NV stiff shaft) the 4dx apparently produces less back spin on the ball while maintaining just as high of a trajectory, for me meaning more distance. The ball height was about the same, but instead of the ball reaching an apex and then falling fairly quickly out of the sky with not alot of roll, it (4DX ball flight) stays in the air longer, descends more gradually, and rolls more. So just as high, but more piercing. I have the 10.5* with a stiff flex stock Fujikura shaft. The overall club weight feels just right and this shaft feels tight, but lively through impact. With the square face angle, I feel like I can really release the club through impact, with little subconcious fear of hitting pulls or hooks. The impact sound is not loud or tinny, but more of a solid mid pitched thud. This relatively unknown driver is the best driver I have ever played. I am reaching places on courses I have rarely if ever reached before. The only nit pick I have is not with the club, but that the head cover is kind of garrish and a bit ugly in my opinion. But that is definately of little significance. More importantly, I have a new favorite club.

Have not used.

Ping G5, Srixon w506, TaylorMade Burner 460

[Jan 04, 2010]
chrisriley95
Model Reviewed: nickent 4dx draw

Bought this club off of ebay for $80. Best purchase ever! This driver gave me 15+ more yards and straight as an arrow. The stock ust sr3 shaft really felt good and the driver felt solid, with a nice thud sound. I'm 14 and this driver is the missing peice i've been looking for. Worth a try.

precept xm-1.

[Jun 08, 2009]
Kari
Scratch Golfer
Model Reviewed: Nickent 4DX driver, draw spec, UST stiff shaft

I have a 9,7 handicap. I've been playing with taylormade drivers for the past 10 years. I was never really consistent with the drives so I gradually stopped using the driver. I used the driver on average once per round.

With the taylormade driver (stiff shaft, 9.5 degree loft) I was carrying the ball about 220 meters and didn't have too much control. Sometimes I got so much backspin on the ball that it actually comes backward.

Early this year I got interested in buying a new driver, and I was almost sure I would by a Taylormade R9, until I got my hands on the Nickent driver. On my first round I used the driver 6 times and hit 6 fairways.

With the Nickent driver I'm hitting on average 70% of the fairways, where as with the taylormade I was hitting less than 50%.

I read an article about PGA tour players; it seems that it is more common to use more loft on the drivers now 10 - 11 degrees, so of course I also bought a 10.5 degree driver.
I think that has been a good choice, I'm hitting the balls really high and get super long distance with the nickent driver. And it feels like you don't even have to make an effort to hit the drive, just swing trough and the driver takes care of the rest. I consistently carry the ball over 250 meters and my record distance is 360 meters (with a bit of help from tailwind and good roll). And this is absolutely ridiculous since I have never hit that far before. I also get a lot more roll on the ball with the Nickent driver.

I've always thought the driver is the most difficult club to hit, now with the Nickent driver I have to say it's my easiest club.

What is good for me about my nickent driver: I carry the ball 30 - 40 meters longer than the Taylormade driver and I get less backspinn. I hit the ball high so I get more control. All in all, the Nickent driver is really value for money (compared to the taylormade's and other big brands). I will never switch back! and I really hope that Nickent can keep the prices that they currently have...

[May 06, 2009]
Rakoz Rakochan
Scratch Golfer
Model Reviewed: Nickent 4DX driver

I thougt it was a bad choice at first, but after changing my swing fundamental... this babe really rocks!

What does a beginner like me feel when i can easily hit a 230m - 240m in 8 out of 10 shots?

Pergh!!!! LOVE IT!!!