Orlimar Trimetal Drivers

Trimetal

Price for steel shaft; $309 for graphite.

Tom Gough   Shoots in the 90s [Jun 03, 2013]
Model Reviewed: Tri-Metal ZX

WOW! This is a fantastic driver. I recently purchased this driver with a 10.5 loft and senior shaft. The first day on the course I hit this club straighter and 10 yards further than my Cobra driver. You cannot beat the price either. I paid $137.00 on ebay.

Bruce F   Shoots in the 90s [Aug 25, 2012]
Model Reviewed: Orlimar Trimetal Driver

I have a clean Trimetal 11 deg. that I picked up at the local Goodwill store for $1.99. It has a stiff Harrison Professional graphite shaft. It blew me away that a driver, even of this particular vintage, would have such a short face. When I saw it had a maraging face, I knew I had to try it. After replacing the deteriorating grip and removing the lead tape the previous owner applied to the crown, it was off to the range. Wow. Very long. And what a sweet sound. Not that big-head, aluminum baseball bat sound. The flight is just a tad lower than my 400cc Armour Persimmon 9.5 deg. with stiff Grafalloy ProLaunch 65, but it is honestly just as long. The size and sound is remenisent of my old Ping i3 3 wood, but the distance is ... wow! While I prefer 300-400cc sized drivers, I am carring it in my bag for a while. If I love it enough, I'll pick up a 3, 5 and maybe a 7 wood. Got to get some short tees.

No experience.

Similar Products Used: Ping i3 TISI, Armour Persimmon 400cc, Titleist 975J, Armour 845FS
Carl Breaux   Shoots in the 70s [May 16, 2011]
Model Reviewed: 9.5 degree original trimetal driver

I bought this club many years ago and am still hitting it. I walk on a course and get paired with many different caliber golfers and the comments are all the same, "is that a 3 wood"? (because of it's size compared to modern drivers) They then tell me I would be able to hit it farther with the new drivers. I tell them I can hit this one 300 yards so what do I need to hit it further for?
When they see me hit it, they just shake their heads and can't believe it. I played with a 22 year old the other day that told me he has never heard of Orlimar. I said, "well now you have".
I have been interested in trying a new driver, and when I do it will be the XR trimetal driver and nothing else. It will take a lot for me to give up my old small head driver. Don't know if I can.

yesumasa45   Shoots in the 100s [Sep 04, 2009]

After struggling with many different brands of woods from the fairway, i just gave up on them and used my 3 iron. I baught a used set of orlimar trimetal fairway woods from a driving range for $30. I'm making solid contact now and hitting on average anywhere from 200-250+ on the fairway. very easy to hit with and it actually goes straight for once. highly recommend this club for anyone who struggles with their woods.

Similar Products Used: dunlop, taylormade, callaway
hugepossum   Shoots in the 90s [Apr 29, 2009]
Model Reviewed: Orlimar Trimetal 11 Degree Driver

I have been searching for a shallow-faced, low profile driver for many moons. I have owned "Modern" TaylorMade and Nike drivers (and by modern I mean they have huge, hollow heads and are pretty expensive) and could not get any consistency in my drives. This club is awesome, for me. The low center of gravity is just what I needed. My drives are just as far as anyone I have played with that is using a "big-head". Although Orlimar is evidently not producing this club any more, I applaud and thank them for producing this product.

Similar Products Used: TaylorMade R540, Nike Ignite 460
Aaron   Shoots in the 80s [Jun 03, 2006]
Model Reviewed: Orlimar Trimetal 9 degree driver

Unbelievable. I picked one up today at Play it Again Sports for 20 bucks. Best investment Ive ever made. The club has obviously held up. Face if good and grip is good. I just hammer the ball with this club. I need to admit, I'm not one of a big fan of oversize to begin with. This club is small and it some may feel thats a knock.

Despite the smaller profile, I think anyone would benefit from this club. I get a lot of feed back in my hands. Even mis-hits carry and maintain flight path integrity. I've hit the new Ping G5, the Nike Sasquatch, the King Cobra line, the new Taylormade's and Calloway's. It just doesnt do it for me. I like the smaller profile and like I said, I absolutely hammer the ball of the tee with this (hit about 100 balls at the range).

For all the supposed forgiveness of the big clubs, I get real confidence from this club. Get one. Hey, if you can find one, they are CHEAP anyway so give it a shot. Nothing ventured, nothing gained and you might be suprised as I was.

Similar Products Used: I'll just talk about my old driver. I've actually been without a driver for a year but I havent been playing much. I had the original Taylormade Burner Bubble. Loved this club. Hit it well, and often very long, for years. It was part of the early oversive generation before things got ridiculous, in my opinion. I handed it down to my younger brother who is currently using it in the #1 position in highschool varsity golf.
Pky6471   Shoots in the 90s [Jun 25, 2005]

IMO, some reviewers stretch the truth so we all should read them with a grain of salt. I have 3,5 & 7 Orlimar woods and I like them all, so I believe that Orlimar Trimetal driver would be good too. I've played with several clubs, almost all of them are good, Good clubs help, but if your swing sucks then no clubs can help you. I am capable of shooting 85 consistently, but I don't play enough to to be consistent that's why I shoot in the 90-95, every round I duff (sp?) 5 shots, there are 5 strokes, at least (3) 3 putts, all together 8 strokes right there..... I don't believe normal people can hit 300 yds, let alone 370 yds, average tour pros can only hit 280 yds, so be honest, don't lie to us because we know who you are

christiaan   Shoots in the 90s [Jun 24, 2005]
Model Reviewed: orlimar trimetal

answer stickman,i'm 50 years old,before i was caddy and i have clubs in my hands when i was 8 years old,1978 i play only 6 mounths and won docking trofee my hop was 13 and i play this day hop 4,now i play only 1 year,i have hop 19,6 now not forget i was verry ill last 10 mounths i have psoriasis on hands and feet,nails psoriasis and artisis psoriasis and pustella sporiasis i have fight for playing golf last mounths never have up somethime's i finist 18 hole's blood into my shoes,i was verry long this last mounths not forget i'm playing every day with bandage on hands and feetnow last 7 weeks i can play normal and my drive was match better and longer,now i have try yesterday this orlimar driver and i say this driver ecrase every driver,not forgot i'm for the moment one of longest player on my course,not every day straight this orlimar driver go's staitght en long,maybe stickman have probleme's on drive i not,all i can say is stickman i'm a happy man white this driver,typical stickman thinks can play golf white money,now stickman you have into you or you have not

thanks orlimar

Similar Products Used: thanks orlimar
stickman   Shoots in the 70s [Jun 23, 2005]
Model Reviewed: Orlimar Trimetal Driver

I would like to address the last reviewer, Christiaan. First of all, the writer is full of pure Bullsh_t! The only people who hit 370 yards are the guys entered in the long drive contest. This guy has no clue. Orlimar is a good club, but give me a break. This forum is for people who have a valid comment and are honest. If in fact this guy can hit it 370 yards, I'll take two a side and play himm for $1000.00 a hole!

christiaan   Shoots in the 90s [Jun 23, 2005]
Model Reviewed: orlimar trimetal R

i have receive club today from mijn friend orlimar trimetal 9,5°,schaft orlimar trimetal swing science by rapport,my friend have problems to drive this club and i have reeive for noting,now befor i have callaway ward birth 11° and go to 330 yards when i have good drive,today i try this driver orlimar,i have never drive straigt and far as today,this driver go to 370 yards ,i have never drive so far as today and strait,i'm hop 19,6 i play only 1 year,example today i make 2 birdie's first nine hole's,one par 3 second par 5 from 600 yards,only driver 340 yeards and 5 wood juste before green 1 chip and 1 put,this driver the best club on my bag today and i have receive for nothing from my friend,one word today i now orlimar the best driver i have strait and far when you driver far on par 4 you need only 8-9-wedge to go to green easy to play,before i need somthimmes iron 4-5-6,i verry lucky today to receive this driver and hope's now go for hop 9 this year,thanks orlimar i'm from belgium

thanks orlimar