Ping TiSI Tec Drivers

Ping TiSI Tec Drivers

The TiSI Tec features a patented variable-thickness face which optimizes performance by positioning more mass in the impact area to enhance energy transfer to the golf ball. This patented design feature optimizes spin and lift for hotter trajectory. The TiSI Tec''''s nearly parallel top and soleplate creates a structurally rigid clubhead that resists deformation at impact and transfers more energy to the golf ball.

[May 21, 2017]
Fred
Model Reviewed: Ping T isi Tec

I found this club in the extremely used bin at my local Play It Again Sports shop.
I paid five dollars for it, rattle and all. 10 degrees of loft, regular shaft. I've never been happier with a golf club. Long, straight (except when I swing poorly) shots every time. If I can find another one, I'll buy it.

[May 22, 2010]
Sam-I-Am
Model Reviewed: Ping TiSi Tec 8.5 Stiff

I'm always in search of the "next big thing" in drivers yet I always seem to keep coming back to my trusty old TiSi Tec 8.5 Stiff. It's not a very attractive looking club compared to the jazzy looking G10 or the G15 V2 but I still hit 'em straighter and longer with this club.

Ping Si3, Ping G5, Ping G10, Ping Rapture, Ping G15 V2, Taylor Made R7 Quad.

[Sep 02, 2009]
acunaad
Model Reviewed: Ping TiSi Tec

I just picked this driver up used. After using many low-end drivers I can feel the difference in my swing. I agree with the consensus, compared to the new technology bar-none, this driver is top-notch. I wouldn't trade it for a brand new Burner.

[Aug 07, 2009]
Pat
Model Reviewed: Ping TisI driver

The best Driver I've ever Hit. Every season I try to get away from this driver with the new technology and I always go back to my Tisi Driver. I have 2 10 and 11.5 degrees. I love the ball flight of these drivers. On a calm day I like to use the 11.5 driver and I can bring rain. I hit it really high with this loft, but it sure goes. A great overall Driver

Ping Rapture, Taylormade Burner

[Jul 12, 2008]
phil
Model Reviewed: ping tisi tec

gave up the game after being #1 on my golf team in high school since i was set to play baseball in college. got back into it 8 years later and wanted new clubs to catch up with technology. picked up a ping tisi tec 8.5* driver with a stiff bimatrix rocket shaft for a steal on ebay. was still able to hit the ball long and straight most of the time even with the rusty swing. i've been playing more and i'm still very happy with it with the only exception of not being able to work the ball as well as i'd like(could use more work on the swing). bought a 3 wood(used to not carry a 3 wood, 2 iron was plenty long), now i can work the ball and cut corners on doglegs. still using this driver. it's long. and straight.

all of them

[Sep 17, 2006]
Mike
Model Reviewed: PING TISI TEC DRIVER 7* RSS Stiff

I started with an IntegraIV, a Ping TISI clone...they were great, brand new Integra's glued+shipping were in the $80 area. Then Ping TISI Tec sticks started to show up on the used stick market...and the prices started coming down.

Now I've purchased on eBay 2 Ping TISI Tec 7*, RSS, Fujukura stiff shaft sticks in great shape (w/ covers)...both have cost less than $80 each with shipping.

I'm 55 and my drives are with the young guns and their $400 new drivers.

The Ping TISI Tec is a great stick. Do your homework, decide what hosel you need (Ping site will tell you), and stalk eBay.

You'll be hard pressed to lose a dime, and very likely will find a keeper driver for your bag, no matter what kind of 'Toaster on a stick' new fangled driver you pack in your bag now. Hell, it's only $80-$90. Throw it in your vacation bag!

Ping's known for doing things right. I also use Ping putters (been years homing in with the best feel in golf)...the more your research, the better they seem.

Integra IV (1999 Long Drive club of choice for state champions ~ I heard that more than 30 of the 50 used the Integra IV)

[May 17, 2006]
slee168
Model Reviewed: Ping TISI Tec

Replaced it with my aging Taylor Made Bubble 2 Driver. Got the club at local golf warehouse, and took it to the range. For the first 20 balls, I still got the duck tapes on for I didn't know if I would like it or not. Let just say, I took the duck tape off after just 20 shots and decided to keep it. The feel is AMAZING, and I felt that I can finally control the club, and maybe, just maybe start to learn how to do differnt shots with this club. It is that easy to shot. At CDN$99.99 a piece, I might just get a second one just in case this one broke...ha ha...

Haven't needed one yet.

[Oct 15, 2005]
mikie7boy
Model Reviewed: Tisi Tec

Ok I bought this club of eBay after reading the reviews on this site and fell in love with it from the off. It is without doubt the easiest driver I have ever used and was still long enough for me to out drive most of the people I play against easily. Then one fine day I thought it would be a good idea to change the shaft in the club to an X-flex, WRONG WRONG WRONG bad idea. I ended losing lots of distance and even more control so I sold it and purchased the Callaway 454 thinking that is would give me back the distance and control the Tisi Tec offered me WRONG and WRONG again. I have now decided to sell the Callaway and go back to the Ping. Don’t get me wrong there is nothing wrong with the 454 it’s a good club but in my view it is nowhere near the club the Tisi Tec is and costs 4x’s as much. If you’re looking for a new driver I would advise you to buy this club, OK it won’t look as good in your bag as the latest model but trust me it will perform just as well.

None used

Callaway 454, Titleist 983E, TaylorMade 580XD

[Jul 19, 2005]
300Bfore
Model Reviewed: Ping TiSi Tec, 8.5º LSO stiff

Ive had mine for 2 seasons and have always loved the club. It is LONG. That is the short of it but it would not be fair to say just that. Ive learned to work the ball with this club, in the shortest amount of time for any wood - with confidence. The ball flight is perfect and penetrating (in this setup anyway)which allows good course management in even windy conditions. Anyway, I was content with no need to endorse my feeling about the club until recently trying some of the newer, more expensive massive headed drivers. Ive tried the latest from TM, Cleveland, Callaway and even Ping. I have not seen any REAL improvement yet from these over my club and am glad to still own this thing. I almost sold it while waiting for a new Cally 454 to arrive and while the new 454 is great, it was simply not BETTER. Other brands mentioned were tried on the course as well but nothing stood out. Just my honest 2 cents here on a club that was designed right the first time and is still hard to beat.

r7, Cleveland Launcher 400, Ping G2 & Nike Ignite 460cc.

[Feb 27, 2005]
Model Reviewed: Ping TISI tec

My dad recently upgraded to the G2 and passed down his old Ping TISI tec driver to me. Since I recieved it my handicap has shot down in a short amount or time from 30 to 25. This is a great long, straight driver and i recommend it to any mid to high handicap

not needed yet