SMT Golf Babylon Drivers

• Hosel Depth 2.25"
  • Face Height 2 3/8"

freddie   Shoots in the 80s [Apr 24, 2008]
Model Reviewed: smt babylon 8

I have a smt babylon 8 degree,,with a accuflex-(vs339)longdriving-shaft.This driver i a killer,,With a good swing i hit this driver 40 yards past my cobra x-speed..the carry is very long with tons of roll..and the price for this wonderful club is a bargain..

Tempo   Shoots in the 90s [Oct 06, 2005]
Model Reviewed: SMT Babylon 9*

Just an update after ca. 4 months owning this club. This driver is delivering on exactly what I had hoped. Prior to getting this driver I had a trusty 4 wood and 3 iron that I went to for accuracy. Now, I have so much confidence in this club that it comes out of the bag even on the tightest holes (I can't help myself). The distances are stunning and usually over 300 yards with a good swing. My driving accuracy has went from 24% to 34% and would be higher if I wasn't driving through so many fairways (probably 1 per round which equates to 43% accuracy). That stat is deceiving as I'm in play much more too, plus long drivers always have a lower accuracy than short hitters. It's worth it. The watchout with this driver is not really a watchout. If you swing to fast the draw biase will result in a snap hook. The answer is to swing easy, which is what you're supposed to do anyway, right? My mantra is "adequate drive" which usually results in an impressive drive.

Tempo   Shoots in the 80s [May 21, 2005]
Model Reviewed: 9 degree

This driver is a well kept secret. It's delivering exactly what it was bought for; swinging easy and hitting them straight and long. I've hit several 320 yard drives with the Babylon, easily the longest drives ever on those particular holes. If you're looking for a driver as good or better than 'name brand' at an affordable price (I paid $189 with UST Proforce Gold 65 shaft and Winn grip), look no further, this is your driver.

mtarbuck   Shoots in the 70s [Jul 11, 2004]
Model Reviewed: Babylon 7.0

For value this is one of the best and longest drivers out their. The combination of graphite and titanium really work with this model giving a driver that generates incredible distance whilst at the same time being very forgiving.

Mike at SMT is a star