TaylorMade R580 Drivers

TaylorMade R580 Drivers

400cc oversize deep face design for players who want higher trajectory and maximum distance. Conforms with USGA Regulations.

[Jul 05, 2022]
boorish1973

Strength:

I've had a lot of drivers and this is the absolute best. I had decided I would an play offset driver because in the past they the most reliable getting in play. This may be the longest and straightest I've had.

Purchased:
New
[Mar 07, 2022]
olivernicholle9052

Strength:

I flight the ball much lower now...beautiful. So, I'm on pay dirt more and picked up distance for chump change on eBay. Also bought the V-Steel 3 wood which I like, but will be upgrading the shaft to a ProForce 65 to get the ball flight down a bit. | Walnut Creek Pest Control

Weakness:

None so far.

[Nov 28, 2015]
Cj
Model Reviewed: R580

Had this club for like 10 years and bought a rocketballz and have hit some newer models of some friends of mine and this old beast still beats 'em as far as I'm concerned....if you are getting this driver for a couple bucks you are getting the STEAL OF The CENTURY!!

[Mar 26, 2012]
cokesh
Model Reviewed: r580

Picked up at thrift for a couple of bucks. I have more in the new grip than in the club. I've been at the range a few times hitting this. This will replace my larger Cobra driver as I can hit this farther and straighter. Who needs 460cc when you stumble across a club that you can just hit well right away. It can be a long hitting club if it fits your swing. Shot shaping is fairly easy too. I recommend this club if you can find it for less than 20 bucks which shouldn't be too hard. Giving overall rating a '4' as I don't know if I'll ever find the perfect driver as I am too cheap to buy one new.

NA

Cobra F-Speed, Cleveland.

[Nov 26, 2011]
joseph
Model Reviewed: taylormade R580 9.5 degree driver

i am a thirteen year old who with my old driver could hit 150 - 200 yrds just got my Taylor Made R580 Driver at a pawn shop for 2.98$. i havent had a chance to hit the range with it yet but i think i will tomorrow after reading the other reviews it sounds like i got a realy good deal on it.

[Jul 21, 2010]
oliver chalkley
Model Reviewed: taylor made r580

best driver i have ever used. acquired second hand and it preforms superbly. recommended for any golfer of any skill level. top notch driver

[Jan 15, 2010]
dennyboy
Model Reviewed: taylormade580

I still use my 580 even though it's more than a few years old....even w/ both arms cut off I still can it 500-600+ plus yards....Blindfolded!

[Jul 20, 2008]
ryan
Model Reviewed: r580 stock senior flex

they say you can't buy a golf swing, but this is about as close as you can get. i got this club on proline golf used for $37. what a deal. i took this thing to the range and didn't want to leave. im only 16 so i went for a senior flex, good choice for me. im consistantly hiting 200s rather then hitting absolute crap with my old knight. if you really want to take a step up for a low price, buy this thing.

cleavland launcher comp, Taylor Made r5 duel, Taylor Made r580Xd, Callaway Big Bertha.

[Oct 17, 2007]
Marco
Model Reviewed: Taylor Made R580

I'm a 2.3 index for '07 and am an old salt with clubs. Have played the same Eye2's for over 20 years, but just recently swapped out my War Bird driver and 3 wood for TM's. Paid $35 for my 580 10.5 on eBay with a ProForce 65 X-Stiff. The accuracy I gained with the shaft and probably some club head design is just insane. Picked up a good 20 yards on average as well which I attribute to upgrading my 1993 War Bird technology and shaft dynamics. I flight the ball much lower now...beautiful. So, I'm on pay dirt more and picked up distance for chump change on eBay. Also bought the V-Steel 3 wood which I like, but will be upgrading the shaft to a ProForce 65 to get the ball flight down a bit.

For those of you who are reading these reviews as a resource please take them with a grain of salt. When you see someone make a post 'shoots in the 90's' and they are suddenly bombing it 300+.....uh, okay. You cannot buy a golf swing. Maybe 5% of amateurs have EVER hit a drive of 300 w/o wind aid, downhill, etc. I have played in two US Amateur qualifying events and there are only a handful of these guys who can pop 300....so, take these instant 'I'm a mad bomber off the tee' posts as comedic and just go test it for yourself.

[Aug 18, 2007]
deeter
Model Reviewed: Taylor Made R580

I was playing a TM 540XD and/or a Titleist 983E UNTIL I tried this driver. The first time I hit it was on a 495 yard uphill par 5 and into a 15 mph wind. I had just hit the 983E and the wind pushed it towards the hazard. I had just purchased he used 580 for next to nothing on Ebay and picked it up that day. So, I thought I would hit a provisional (err...mulligan,ha!). I could not believe it when I hit the ball. The ball jumped off the clubface and went nearly 300 yards straight down the middle! Two holes later, I tried it again and also hit the 983E. The 580 was at least 20 yards longer. I hit on several more holes along with the 983E. On four of the six holes the 580 was longer and straighter. The most hard to believe thing about it is that the "engine" of the club is a True Temper Command steel shaft! This shaft is the lowest priced shaft True Temper makes. Wow! I'd like to see how this thing hits with a really good shaft.
I took both the 580 and 983E to the driving range today, and though I like the looks of the 983E better, I just kept pulling the 580 out of the bag to prove to myself that the 983 was better. But, it is not. The 983 is a great driver, but, for my swing, the 580 seems better.

Titleist 983E, Taylor Made 540XD, Tour Edge Bazooka J-Max, Mizuno Blue Rage