TaylorMade R9 460 Drivers

R9 460

Jaco Nieuwoudt   Shoots in the 90s [Aug 11, 2012]
Model Reviewed: R9 460

I bought my R9 second hand after the launch of the R11 models. What a great Driver. I am hitting the drives straight and long. I even managed to out drive an 8 handicapper with a R11S a couple of rounds ago. The R9 460 is the best investment I have ever made.

AdamW238   Shoots in the 80s [Jun 20, 2012]
Model Reviewed: TaylorMade R9 460 Drivers

One of the best drivers I've ever played. I demoed the RBZ, Burner 2.0, Nike VRS and AMP this year and the R9 still stands head and shoulders above them. With 3 of the 4 I demoed I noticed an increase in distance but a complete loss of control. This club is easy to swing, the head doesn't look too much like a spaceship. The stock shaft was decent but I ended up putting an Aldila MOI and love it even more. If you can find one in good condition, save yourself a few hundred $$$ and play this driver.

Similar Products Used: RBZ
Burner 2.0
Nike VRS ST8-fit
Cobra Amp
Mike   Shoots in the 80s [Jun 18, 2012]
Model Reviewed: Taylormade R-9 460

Brought on a web site used and I had a little bit of a time to get use to it and when I did wow! every shot straight and long very very happy with this club I am 51 and hit it 250 - 260 straight every time I am a 15 Handicap and love this club bought a burner 2.0 super fast found I had no control don't get me wrong hit good shots but if I had a choice I would pick the R-9 model ALSOME you can adjust you shot to you wicked.

Luis Bonilla   Shoots in the 100s [Feb 27, 2012]
Model Reviewed: Taylormade R9 460 Driver

I have been golfing for three years and just starting to really gain confidence in my swing. I decided to treat my self to a good driver for this season. I tried out several used drivers and found myself really liking the R9 460. The sweet spot is huge and forgiving. I set my face all the way to the right mode and it is really helping me come in on an angle that drives the ball straight. The club has a lot of pop and is allowing me to hit 200 more consistently. Great club and paid only $89 used!

Terry L.   Shoots in the 80s [Feb 09, 2012]
Model Reviewed: Taylormade r9 460

Bought this driver used like new after hitting an r7 460 for a couple of years. This thing hits straight as an arrow. Fits my natural swing perfectly. It came with a matrix ozik code 7 shaft. Played in the same conditions last week. This driver was giving me 20 yds. more. Can't wait for some nice warm weather. 290-300 should be easy. Awesome driver.

Similar Products Used: Taylormade r9
Tayloremade r11
Taylormade r7 460
Sparky   Shoots in the 80s [Sep 08, 2011]
Model Reviewed: Taylor Made r9 460

I bought this driver used at Golfsmith for 104.00. I got home and got antsy so I went straight to the course to try it out.
WOW I was smashing it straight. I only missed one fairway the whole round.
My friend that was with me and plays with me a lot was shocked because he saw how much I was struggling off the tee before.
I LOVE THIS DRIVER!!

Similar Products Used: Nike Sasquatch
jjloans   Shoots in the 70s [Aug 19, 2011]
Model Reviewed: r9 460 REAX S Flex

Superb driver.

I have tried most everything, and for me, this driver is head and shoulders above anything else.

Distance, forgiveness, adjustability, feel, sound, it is all excellent.

The ignorant jags that rated this a "one" should be drug through the desert.

Superior, IMO, to the r11.

Was hitting the Ping G15 and the Cleveland Comp, both very good, neither is close to the r9 460.

Not used

Similar Products Used: Everything
prmort   Shoots in the 80s [Jul 21, 2011]
Model Reviewed: R9 460

Having always used Cobra, driver, bafflers and irons...i thought it about time to try something else. Now i love Cobra stuff...but this R9 is something else. I can honestly say that i picked this driver up..and using rubbish range balls hit them past the 250 marker...for me thats about 20yrds past my norm with proper balls. I did let the odd 1 or 2 out of 50 drift right...but that was me getting a bit quick, not the driver. And all this was with it set up in NU and i would normally expect a vicious slice on that setting. The club is fantastic...and thats from a Cobra fan.

No Idea

Similar Products Used: Cobra...Speed LD, S2, S3, S9-1
ddddaydayday   Shoots in the 80s [Jul 16, 2011]
Model Reviewed: Taylormade R9 460

This driver is huge. No, not driving huge, head huge. It looks like a dinner plate squared up to the ball. You have to tee the ball up like three inches just to hit it in the center. The face is also huge, but very round. This makes it extremely hard to work the ball. On the rare times I caught it in the middle, it would to pretty far, but like i said, you can't work the dang thing. Consider the normal R9 if you want adjustability in a driver. I wouldn't reccomend this one to anyone. Back to my Titleist 975D.

didn't have to

Similar Products Used: my old Titleist.
JJohn   Shoots in the 80s [Jun 26, 2011]
Model Reviewed: Taylormade R9 460

It took me a very long time to adjust the club to my liking, but once I found the setting that fit my game the club worked just as advertised. After multiple outings to the driving range I was still hitting the ball far shorter than I had been previously with my Taylormade r580xd. I subsequently closed the face alot and tweaked my swing slightly, and voila. Straight and long virtually every time. Do not give up on this club, once you find the right face angle for you its one of the best drivers around.

None